New Halo 5 Campaign Gameplay Videos

Adam91

QyHLAz4.png

Image from IGN

IGN has released a number of gameplay videos from the upcoming Halo game Halo 5: Guardians. The videos show them taking on a pair of Hunters in a 4 player co-op battle, we get to see a Banshee battle between Fireteam leader Jameson Locke and Covenant Remnant forces. We also get to see almost 4 minutes of Locke taking on the new Remnant Covenant weapon "The Kraken" in the new Forerunner aerial vehicle "Phaeton".

Here are the links to each gameplay video.

4v4 co-op Hunter battle

Banshee battle

Kraken battle

IGN also released a video featuring a new cinematic of Fireteam Osiris. Click here to watch it.

Halo 5: Guardians releases October 27th for the Xbox One.

Leave a comment below and let us know what you think about the new gameplay.

This post has been promoted to an article

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 6

The Kraken reminds me more of the A.A guns in Reach than an actual Scarab. I do like the scale of it, with the multiple levels and everything. But I'm still a fan of a regular Scarab battle over this. I guess it's something about the actual giant gun mouth shooting at me. Although, that's just from viewing gameplay on a difficulty as low as normal. All true judgment is reserved for late October. I do like how they also tweaked the way some of the Covenant fights now. Jackals shield Bash, Hunters Reflect grenades back at you etc.

Thanks for the news.

Excellent videos. The first video shows Kelly's faster speed well...though it didn't seem to help her when she made the terrible mistake of trying to shotgun a Hunter's back from that close.

The second is nice, shows that vehicles aren't cardboard (at least, Banshees aren't).

The third, though, showed that great new fuel rod. Great design, great reload animation, great sound effect. Clearly a more powerful version of the H2A sound, which was already great. I do think there should've been more to the Kraken than a stationary Scarab with less firepower...but on the bright side, there are multiple paths to the core and it looks like it would be fun to explore.

I just found some new Campaign videos and thought I should share them. They're the same levels, seems 343 picked these two as their show levels, but they're different (and longer) cuts of them. So, here's one of Blue Team.

And here's one of Enemy Lines, which apparently is the new name for Swords of Sanghelios.

These show a wider range of weapons and the player is actually decent, so they're a lot more fun to watch than some of the other campaign videos, to me anyway.