The beta is live

Kurt S-501

TU = heaps of FAIL

....Do you think I'm gonna get involved in your noob fight? Well no I won't.I go by this rule:

Please explain why you think it's heaps of fail. If you're going to say something is bad, explain why you think so. I happen to think the update is pretty good. Being unable to shed sticky grenades means that you won't cheat someone out of a kill they should have obtained, active camo I didn't really see a problem with, and the DMR bloom seems a lot better now. I'm able to shoot more accurately, but I'm still required to time my shots. I think they found the "sweet spot" with 85%, but I think that they might have to do something about the pistol. What exactly, I'm not sure.

What do you mean how? They made one playlist like it, they can change the existing ones to the same settings if they wanted to.

Exactly my point, in which playlists? How are they gonna make sure the Reach community accepts the changes in the game they have been playing for over a year now? And what about the rumours about creating ranked playlists like H3?

For example, I think Swat with DMR ZB is going to be unplayable.

For example, I think Swat with DMR ZB is going to be unplayable.

Not exactly, it wasn't unplayable in H3 and it would be the exact same (no bloom in 3 either) so it shouldn't really matter. In all honesty i think i would prefer it because missing an overkill because of bloom is a bit stupid in my opinion, if you have the accuracy for 4 perfect head shots you should get it.

Man, it's 9:40PM in Australia and there are only 700 people on the TU Beta play-list and 2000 on Team Slayer. Pretty Disappointing. :(

Its also way too hard now. Had 10 games in a row where my team scored only about 15 kills and the other team beat us in under 6 minutes.

Not exactly, it wasn't unplayable in H3 and it would be the exact same (no bloom in 3 either) so it shouldn't really matter. In all honesty i think i would prefer it because missing an overkill because of bloom is a bit stupid in my opinion, if you have the accuracy for 4 perfect head shots you should get it.

The DMR has a longer distance range and faster shooting rate than the BR. It won't be the same mate. If there is one playlist where bloom made it better, its Swat. More realistic. Requires you to actually count your shots instead of spamming on top of aiming to get a kill.

The only bad thing is the people that spam the needle rifle, magnum and DMR, they just spam it now, it's too fast and overpowered. It's much harder than normal REACH. But I'll live through it.

*sigh*

What don't people get? You can't 'spam' if you don't have bloom. You see, the only reason people complained about 'spamming' in Reach was because if one person spammed with bloom on, and the other paced like you're supposedly meant to do the spammer still won sometimes. This angered people because the player doing the right thing: staying calm, aiming and controlling his shots lost to the guy wildly spamming, panicking and being inaccurate. The whole thing led to random outcomes. If you don't have bloom it gets rid of randomness. The player with the best accuracy wins, End of story. No one thinks this is bad. Well... except for the bad kids that can't aim...

However, if you're not talking about the ZB gametype but are referring to the 85% bloom gametype then I agree with you to an extent. I believe the 85% bloom just adds more randomness than anything. It's not 'overpowered' though, it's just showing you that you're a bad player. Sorry, but I'm just being honest.

How can you say the pistol isn't overpowered? Lmao. I know you've been in some close-range battles with it where you died in half-a-second.

The pistol is not okay this way, and I really hope it is nerfed soon

The pistol is okay how it currently is. What's wrong with dying in "half-a-second" in close range battles? The other player had superior aim and won. Basically, calling the pistol OP is a case of "the other players better than me and I don't have a chance! WAAAAAAAAAA!" Aka, being butthurt at your lack of skill.

With previous iterations of 'competitive' play in Reach the main weapon was the DMR, but with ZB we can also add in the pistol. The pistol excels at close to mid-range, whilst the DMR trumps the pistol at far and the more extreme end of mid-range. I don't see how adding in another weapon to the competitive sandbox is a bad thing.

Man, it's 9:40PM in Australia and there are only 700 people on the TU Beta play-list and 2000 on Team Slayer. Pretty Disappointing. :(

Its also way too hard now. Had 10 games in a row where my team scored only about 15 kills and the other team beat us in under 6 minutes.

I know, it sucks. TS always has a crazy population, but the good playlists only manage to have a few hundred. That's why I play during the night and early morning (I'm on holidays, so I've got nothin' better to do :P). The only problem with this is a get a lot of foreign host... I still manage to do okay though ;]

I don't see how you could complain about it being way too hard though. The other team has better players. What's the problem? You want the game to bring those good players down with crappy gimmicks so you can stand a chance? Because that's what Reach originally did, and the majority of decent players didn't like it one bit. Though, the way the system matches players up could be greatly improved. I've had a few games with completely hopeless teammates, and after the game I'd avoid them using XBL's built in 'avoid' feature, only to get them on my team next game!

:yes Just goes to show the old saying is right: When you try to please everybody, nobody likes it.

Thanks, Mr. O'Connor and 343 Industries! Your caving to the demands of the young, the ignorant and the just plain silly has done almost nothing to quell the fire of displeasure — all it did is just shift places. Excellent work. :rofl:

I like it. So do many others. ZB is absolutely fantastic! Haven't had this much fun on Reach since it was released.

Am I the only one who hasn't noticed any differences at all or was my game just buggy??? The bloom in my game was still normal the active camo and armour lock drain too... The only effect I noticed a little bit is when you melee you hit the shield and the player.... thats all...

I am curious if anyone else has had this problem. I have noticed over the last couple days, that while playing in the BETA.... that there have been 3 daily challenges that I have not gotten credits for, then today it happened again, while playing in the BETA TU, I completed the daily for " put your quarter up " 3200 credits... and once again did not get the credits for it...... Just curious

I am curious if anyone else has had this problem. I have noticed over the last couple days, that while playing in the BETA.... that there have been 3 daily challenges that I have not gotten credits for, then today it happened again, while playing in the BETA TU, I completed the daily for " put your quarter up " 3200 credits... and once again did not get the credits for it...... Just curious

You might be credit banned, or its just a bug.

what most people havent realised is that since day 1, there has been an issue with the cR daily challenges that add 1 to the target after the game is complete.

example put your quarter up, it comes up with challenge complete after the cR summary of your last game and so you dont get the cR added. this problem has been there since Reach's release.

If you dont believe me go online and try it.

First of all the beta doesn't seem like that big of a deal and really probably wouldn't play it if it wasn't for the extra credit jack pot and zb. so first I kind of like the zb, not a big change but I like it. Bleed through I think is totally dumb, that I guy I have down to no shield and almost no health and he gets to me and we both beat each other down even though I almost have full shields and full health, basically one shot and one punch can kill you. I think the little less on armor lock and invis are fine again not a huge change. Really I don't see that much to say yeah or neh about, but all in all just an ok effort at this time.

I agree mostly with fin. I believe it turns the game into a camp fest though. You cannot be out in the open, two shots from two different DMRs in ZB and you're dead. I admit I do love running around with the pistol though, but it is more of a fun game type to me, like something that belongs in action sack.

I personally see no difference in AL. I know the changes they made, but they dont seem to actually matter that much in game.

The active camo nerf is dumb. It already sucked EXCEPT when you're sniping. You have no motion tracker and can very easily be seen when even slightly moving. If you say it was hard to see people camoed then you just don't pay enough attention. Then people complained b/c they were dying too much so now it's not even great for sniping anymore.

The shield bleed through is horrible. Why even call it a shield now??? It is just an extra bar of health....

In my opinion it made more sense when it was an actual shield and you had to get rid of that before you can damage a players health.

All of this is my opinion, if you're going to start bashing me b/c of something I said then you wasted your time reading this. You can suck it, idc and I wont respond to you. That being said if you want to have an adult conversation about something I said I would enjoy that greatly.

I don't like what you have done to the premium battles, it was awesome that you could choose either battles or premium slayer. Now it is both mixed together and so slayer dominates. I enjoy slayer but really like to be able to mix things up and enjoy some battles.

Also over all I think there should be something done some that players who actually do buy the maps can get games with others who have as well more than just the one list, just a thought.