The Terrorists of 343

Sorry this chapter got really delayed....

This chapter is also really short, originally this chapter was just as long as chapter six but I cut a lot out for the next chapter so the next chapter will hopefully be the longest yet, enjoy. :)

Chapter eight : Preparations

A small white triangle appeared on Cabooses palm with a small blue circle in the middle, everyone including Axilus looked in awe for a few seconds.

“What does it do exactly?” Connor skeptically asked.

“Firstly, he is not an it, he is a Ghost” Caboose proudly announced “Ghost is designed to perform tasks for me”

“Ghost, you couldn’t think of anything more, original?” Ledgend noted as he walked around inspecting the dormant robot.

“Back to Ledgends question, what does it do that benefit the mission?” Axilus inquired.

“Just watch” Caboose said as massive smile came across his face, he pressed a small button on the back of the Ghost. Suddenly the dormant Ghost flew out of Cabooses palm and around all of them before slowing down and coming to a halt in front of Caboose.

“Ah, good afternoon master Caboose, what can I do for you?” Ghost happily greeted his new master, with as close to excitement as he could feel.

“Wait, the thing talks!” Ledgend stammered slightly as he said it

“I am not a thing I am a Ghost!” Ghost angrily shouted at Ledgend

“Sorry, lightbulb” Ledgend sarcastically apologized as he walked off.

Ghost then fired a small red laser out  of his blue circle at Ledgend that gave him painful electric shock

“Oww, I will take you to the godamm scrap heap!” Ledgend pointed his shotgun directly at Ghost as he shrieked in pain.

“I would like to see you try!” Ghost taunted him by firing another laser.

“All of you settle down” Axilus fired his pistol into the air, quickly defusing the argument “Caboose, just get that door open and stop messing around”

“This is the best part, Ghost; access the control centre of the embassy from that terminal” Caboose instructed.

“At once master Caboose” Ghost then flew off excitedly towards the terminal; Ghost flew up to the terminal and shot blue lasers at it every few seconds.

“Hrrm, they set up a small firewall, too easy” Ghost remarked as he fired the next round of lasers onto the terminal.

“What is it doing?” Connor asked as he sharpened his Katana with a small piece of metal he found on the floor.

“Hacking” Caboose replied back to Connor, eagerly waiting for the Ghost to show off its skills.

“Aha, I’m in, what is it you want me to do now, Master Caboose?”

“Locate a man named Yoshi, he wears black suit so it should not be too hard”

“Too easy, I have located him; in the embassy evacuation tunnels, uploading a track device to you now, Master Caboose, also while I am at it I am uploading a map of the embassy to you as well”

“Good work Ghost, now open that door then that will be all”

“I admit, I am impressed Caboose” Axilus complemented Caboose just before he gave the next order. “Now come on everyone defensive positions!”

“Hrrrm, Axilus never complements me” Connor muttered to Caboose as he passed him.

The large doors to the embassy slowly opened, the Terrorists were inside, ready and waiting for Omega teams arrival. The atmosphere was tense as Omega team stood outside, ready and waiting “Focus” Caboose muttered as the first shots were fired.

Halogeek grabbed his Gravity hammer and Sickle and slung on the back of his red robes forming an x, whilst waiting for a reply from his informant. Several of his disciples stood next to him in near identical blue robes, the disciples were all armed with Stormrifles and plasma grenades.

“Turns out Ambassador Yoshi, is being rescued by what looks like military personal, Conrad” the informant replied

“That is a fault in our plans” Halogeek said as he punched a table in frustration. “Wait, what about his advisor?”

“Let me check, one moment”

Halogeek waited a few seconds before he heard a reply.

“His advisor is stuck in level 21 from the looks of it, held hostage by retreating Terrorists forces”

“Good work, rally the disciples Conrad”

Halogeek slowly walked down the almost deserted streets of level twenty two, his eight disciples walked behind him, tension was at an all time high as they got closer and closer to the Terrorist held area.

“Where is everyone?” One of the disciples noticed as they walked that they had encountered no one else besides themselves so far.

“Im not sure,This level was a heavy populated, I hope most of them got away” Halogeek said, he grabbed his large Gravity hammer in preparation.

The sound of gunfire then came into earshot from around the corner followed by a large explosion that rocked the room. Several Protector bot bodies then flew into vision, flung across the room by another explosion.

“Get ready” Halogeek whispered as he and his disciples crept around the corner…

A loud thwacking startled the other Terrorists, they turned around to see a fellow Terrorist flying across the room and into the wall, followed by a Sickle then being throw across the room. Plasmafire then rained across the room quickly dispatching all of the Terrorist squad.

Halogeek walked up to a dead Terrorist and pulled his trusty sickle from the Terrorists helmet.

“The apartment block is up ahead, our target is close comrades, soon we shall have victory” Halogeek uttered to his disciples as they walked on.

Bip, bap, bam, the suppressor fire almost seemed endless; Axilus used his Biotics to create a blue shield around Omega team, protecting them.
“Out of the frying pan and into the fire” Ledgend quoted, attempting to lighten the mood.

“This will be easy, just got to hit them were it counts” Caboose pointed out as he reloaded his sniper rifle.

“I’m going to cloak see if I can draw some fire” Connor said as he activated his camo and disappeared.

“I guess all we have to do is wait” Ledgend chimed in”

As soon as Ledgend said it, the overwhelming suppressor fire stopped, the almost quiet sound of reloading guns had begun, now was the time to strike.

“Now it’s my turn” Axilus shouted as he unleashed a massive Biotic wave, causing many of the Terrorists to lose their balance and tumble over.

“And not a moment too soon” Ledgend replied back whilst firing a railgun round at a propane tank killing several Terrorists in the process.

“You’re going to have to do better than that” Caboose taunted Ledgend by sniping five more Terrorists with extreme precision.

“Oh, I am” Spartan decided to join in the friendly competition by using his new minigun and raining death on the retreating Terrorists.

“Unexpected” Caboose muttered as he took a deep breath and looked down the scope, quickly dispatching two more Terrorists.

The retreating Terrorists ran up to the second level of the embassy and towards the door only to be cut swiftly down by Connor.

But the battle was not yet over.....

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 2

Good news! I managed to get a new chapter out, sort of, I didn't think it was chapter worthy as it was supposed to be part of chapter eight so I edited my post, ( the updated chapter eight is on page four ) :)

Enjoy the chapter...

Also this will be the last chapter until I come back from my holiday.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

Good news! I managed to get a new chapter out, sort of, I didn't think it was chapter worthy as it was supposed to be part of chapter eight so I edited my post, ( the updated chapter eight is on page four ) :)

Enjoy the chapter...

Also this will be the last chapter until I come back from my holiday.

Looking good. At one point you wrote personal, I think you meant personnel.

Edited by Blake Belladonna

Hey Halogeek, if I am correct all you need now is a star. I don't study my flags.

You are correct.

But, whilst the star is the symbol of Communism, I honestly think the Hammer and Sickle does more to show what the Marxist ideal was(however diluted and insane the Soviet interpretation is). It signifies Agriculture and Industry working together (Hammer/Sickle), but that goes onto a higher meaning that the value for all classes of people is one and the same. That is why I didn't include the star.

Although Caboose can add the star to my robes for good measure if wants.

soviet.gif

It isn't. The USSR is gone.

But it was the closest we ever got to Communism, and my character is the living Manifestation of Communism.

Interesting. Off-topic: So were many people in Russia against the USSR? On-topic: So your character's meant to be against Team Omega right? And also against the terrorists? Is that correct? That's me judging from what's happened in the story so far.

Is this on topic?

Mostly...

Interesting. Off-topic: So were many people in Russia against the USSR? On-topic: So your character's meant to be against Team Omega right? And also against the terrorists? Is that correct? That's me judging from what's happened in the story so far.

Off-Topic: Most definitely. But it wasn't just in Russia. Ukraine, Belarus, and all of the other republics hated Soviet rule. Food was cheap, but there were shortages. Collective farming didn't work and produced bad harvests. One wrong word could send an entire family to prison; everything was watched. The Secret Police new about everything, so there was no privacy. There were long lines for food, even just bread and milk. There were obviously no private businesses, and pretty much nobody could leave the country. People were forced into new houses and had belongings taken away from them. Almost everyone was poor. That is only starting on the terrible life.

Despite all this, nobody was homeless, there was no political instability, and everyone had a job. However those three things weren't really enough to make it nice.

In the Soviet Union there were 6 occupations: Dead, Prison, Working, Military, Communist Party Supporter, or Government. Most people were the first four.

So yes, your average person hated living there.

----

On-Topic: I guess. Not sure. I didn't mention his allegiance. He is at the mercy of Caboose now.

• Like 1

Off-Topic: Most definitely. But it wasn't just in Russia. Ukraine, Belarus, and all of the other republics hated Soviet rule. Food was cheap, but there were shortages. Collective farming didn't work and produced bad harvests. One wrong word could send an entire family to prison; everything was watched. The Secret Police new about everything, so there was no privacy. There were long lines for food, even just bread and milk. There were obviously no private businesses, and pretty much nobody could leave the country. People were forced into new houses and had belongings taken away from them. Almost everyone was poor. That is only starting on the terrible life.

Despite all this, nobody was homeless, there was no political instability, and everyone had a job. However those three things weren't really enough to make it nice.

In the Soviet Union there were 6 occupations: Dead, Prison, Working, Military, Communist Party Supporter, or Government. Most people were the first four.

So yes, your average person hated living there.

----

On-Topic: I guess. Not sure. I didn't mention his allegiance. He is at the mercy of Caboose now.

Off-topic: I get it, thanks. So it's like how Nazi Germany used to be for Jewish people? When was all this? Did it begin just after WWII had ended?

On-topic: Got it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait and find out. :D

If that's true, then I've seen it many times in films/games before...but I still love the idea. This tactic is a very common but clever thing. Gaining control by getting rid of the current leader/leaders without alerting public attention. Just like what happens in Contact Harvest with the Prophets, except this time there's going to be death to the leader/leaders.