The Terrorists of 343

I have a lot going on in the next two weeks so there is going to be quite the delay in the story. :)

Edit...

Despite my busyness I got a small chapter done ahead of schedule....

Chapter four.... Special event......

“Here you are sir, please enjoy” The bartender handed Butch a bottle of Vodka, before walking off to serve the other customers.
“Don’t work Ardent, I have a certain expertise for staying sober” Butch attempted to assure Ardent.

Ardent kept quiet and watched Butch start to drink well into his next bottle of Vodka.
Suddenly a large explosion shook the room violently and the lights flickered briefly before coming back on like nothing had happened.

“What hell was that?” Ardent wondered.

“Let’s hope it was nothing important” Butch chimed in.

The all too familiar sound of gunfire could suddenly be heard on the second level of Pulse, where the Vip area was located.

The screams of helpless victims could be heard all around level two before being silenced by gunshots. Several armed men in black amour covering them from head to toe suddenly walked into view and inspected everyone from the balcony that overlooked level one.

“Good evening ladies Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to today’s grand event, random acts of violence” The presumed leader of the group announced before revealing his Suppressor and firing it up into the air to make a point. "Now then le...." The leader was cut short by Redstarocket.

“This is Redstarocket the Hub is under attack, all civilians inside the Hub report to the nearest evacuation centre and remain calm” Reds panicky voice blared all over the Hub and beyond, though the city wide loud speaker.

“Our surprise attack is blown, open fire” The leader said quietly as he and all his troops started firing.

Bnus awoke, his vision was blurred; he could hear screams, gunfire. He looked around he could see, rubble and fires all around the atrium. The last thing he remembered was being blown back by a missile while protecting the…

“Ambassador?” Bnus called out, as he remembered what he was doing last.

Bnus partially regained his vision as he looked around, and there lay the ambassadors body to his left, behind a small overturned desk. Bnus and crept over to the body and felt his pulse, he felt nothing. The ambassador was unfortunately dead. Bnus heard the gunfire getting closer, he looked over the desk. He saw protector bots fighting a losing battle against men in black amour wielding suppressors. Bnus felt something touch his shoulder as he watched the battle.

…. Bnus  body dropped onto the ground…..

Edited by Caboose the Ace

Looks interesting. Curious to see what's happening next. I understand you may be busy, but I'd personally recommend having the Chapters longer, even if that means you can't get as many out. It's more efficient and harder to get lost when you have very few long chapters. They'll keep us entertained and on track. Nice work.

• Like 2

Glad you asked. :)

Characters are slowly being added in with more and more characters.

Butch and Ardent are the only ones so far.... don't worry lots are coming in the next chapter and after that many more.

Every character that has been created appears one way or another in the plot. :)

The characters planned to appear next chapter/ mentioned are.....

Caboose ( me )
Ledgend
Axilus prime
Connor kenway
Spartan
Rex Kowalski

Yoshi or Halogeek

( I am currently deciding stuff about your roles and who ever I decide gets the role shall be in the next chapter )

Don't worry to both still will be in it anyway.

• Like 1

I finally got a new chapter out. :)

Chapter five : Omega Team

The first shots were fired but Ardent and Butch were one step ahead. They dived behind the bar and found some decent cover from the bullets. The bar was a massive oval shape that was near the exit, so it gave them plenty of opportunities to escape. The armed men took a risky course of action and vaulted over the balcony and started aggressively taking ground from the few citizens that had taken a stand behind overturned chairs and tables.

Ardent fired his magnum and got a few good shots on one of them before delivering a killing blow with his second magnum. Butch and the Bartender were pinned down, occasionally firing shotgun shells with their automatic shotguns, halting the advance of their new found enemy.

“There is just too many of them” Ardent commented as he killed another one of advancing troopers.

Several more troops started  jumping over the balcony backing up the overwhelming troops already there.

“Too, right, we cannot hold out forever” Butch replied as he fired off a few more bullets onto unsuspecting foes.

The enemy started getting smart and used tables of shields, quickly overwhelming the remaining opposition.

“I say we make a break for it, we stand no chance where we are” Ardent proposed.

Butch and the bartender both looked at Ardent and nodded.

“Three, two, one” Butch counted before jumping out of cover and ran for the exist, flanked by Ardent and the Bartender. The Bartender was shot in the back and killed as they ran, two bullets were fired at Ardent but his armour protected him from damage as the pair escaped Pulse.

“Pursue them, don’t give up” The leader ordered, as his troops ran past him.

“This is Black Eagle, moving into mission location, Omega Team stand by” Black eagle announced over the intercom. She flew the stealth Pelican towards the Hub avoiding the deadly air battles between the Military and the Terrorists that were attacking the building.

Omega Team were the top team in the Knights. The Knights were a secret branch of the 343 military that only the moderators knew about. They had no restrictions to the law like the Military had, or the police. They were given a mission and information on the objective, nothing more, nothing less, they could achieve it the way they saw fit. They had some of the best weaponry around, prototype equipment and armour. They reported, only to Redstarocket himself.

Caboose sat in the cramped seating area of the pelican performing some maintenance on his sniper rifle with only a small dim light to perform over. Ledgend and Connor were busy playing a heated game of cards, and Spartan sat quietly in the corner, eager to begin the mission. The cockpit door opened and a man in red and blue armour walked out. This was the captain of Omega Team, Axilus prime.

“Attention, captain on deck!” Spartan sprang up instantly and saluted Axilus. Moments later Ledgend, Caboose and Connor all did the same.

Axilus stood proudly with his hands behind his back and replied. “At ease, men”

Caboose, Ledgend, Connor and Spartan all returned to sitting on their seats as Axilus walked to the small window of the Pelican and back.

“As you all know, the Hub, the crown jewels of 343 city has come under attack. Ambassador Yoshi recently sent this audio message to Redstarocket pleading for assistance, so we all have a job to do, rescue the ambassador”

Prime finished speaking and walked back into the cockpit and pressed the intercom button and played back the message.

“This is Dedicated member ambassador Yoshi, level ten has come under fire, heavy civilian casualties! Rex my body guard and I am trapped in my office with several armed men outside. I don’t know how long we can hold out, the door is being hacked we nee….” The sound of gunfire could then be heard followed by loud explosions before the message stopped…..

Ledgend smiled as he put on his helmet and grabbed his shotgun “Look at the time, *** kicking oclock”

• Like 3

Oh now stuff's going down. "a*s kicking oclock"...nice.

Looking real forward to Chapter 6. Take all the time you need to produce long quality pieces. Keep it up.

Note: If you have time, check over your work to make sure there are no spelling or grammar mistakes. In the first paragraph it says "exist" at one point when I think you mean "exit".

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Butch and the Bartender were pinned down, occasionally firing shotgun bullets with their automatic shotguns, halting the advance of their new found enemy.

Unless they're firing Slugs (In which case, slugs would be the appropriate word) You should use Shells. Shotguns use Shells, not bullets.

Other than that, pretty good.

• Like 2

Chapter six : Trapped

Omega team prepared for the mission that was soon upon them. Guns were loaded, armour was put on, and one liners were said as the hatch on the back of the Pelican opened and its cloaking device deactivated.

The terrorists inside did not even notice what was outside the window, until it was too late. Ledgend charged out the Pelican and broke though the glass as he fired off several highly explosive Railgun rounds onto the first Terrorist he could see.

“Hey, ********! I got a present for ya !” Ledgend shouted as he killed every last terrorist in sight.

Prime disembarked from the Pelican to find Ledgend finishing off the last Terrorist by throwing some C7 at him.

The Terrorist vaulted over a bench as the C7 flew in front of him and landed on the floor. The Terrorist rolled behind a small bench for cover as Ledgend pressed the trigger detonated the C7. The Terrorist came out of cover quickly and kept running towards the embassy complex.

Prime shook his head in disagreement as the rest of Omega team exited the Pelican.

“What the hell was that?” Prime asked as he walked over to Ledgend

“Wait for it, wait for it, now!” Ledgend pointed out as the C7 explosion weakened a massive chunk of the wall that landed on and crushed the Terrorist.

“Hrrrm, interesting, at least he is creative” Prime noted, whilst he drew his pistol and scouted the area for more hostiles.

"Try to avoid so much damage next time" Prime suggested to Ledgend.

"Noted" Ledgend acknowledged

“I prefer to keep things clean” Caboose chimed in.

“But, clean is no fun” Ledgend attempted to point out to Caboose.

“It is if you do it right” Connor joined the conversation, quickly agreeing with Caboose, while simultaneously lifting his Katana out of its holster.

“Okay then lets settle this, we count our kills see what kills more during the mission” Caboose suggested.

“Your on, Just be prepared for a total *** kicking” Ledgend happily reloaded his Railgun as he walked off.

“Yep, from me” Caboose muttered as he glared at Ledgend.

Prime gave the heads up for the Pelican to fly off before signaling the team to head towards the embassy complex.

Butch and Ardent rushed into the loading bay and sealed the door behind them.

Butch took a minute to rest as he sat down against a cargo crate.

“Hello, anyone else in here” Ardent shouted.

The loading bay was completely dead silent; Ardents echoing voice was the only thing that could be heard.

“You’re wasting your breath Ardent, no one else is here” Butch said as Ardent sat beside him.

“We need to get out of here” Ardent reminded Butch. “Those guys won’t give up easy”

“I suppose I should go look around” Ardent then started walking off, around the loading bay as Butch continued to rest.

“So much for a rest” Butch shouted.

“Someone has to save our skins” Ardent shouted back as he looked around the loading bay for a way out.

The entire bay has large and small crates scattered all around it, almost like a maze. Ardent decided climbed on top of a few crates until he got high enough that he could see around the whole bay.

“Were screwed” Ardent bluntly stated as he started to climb down.

“What do you mean by that?” Butch questioned.

“There is no way out. apart from where we came in”

“Well then lets go back out there” Butch suggested

“Yep, but you forgot there are all those Terrorists out there. just around the corner”

“Then we fight our way though” Butch sat up and grabbed his shotgun off his back.

“That is godamm suicide” Ardent replied back as he finished climbing down and walked towards the exit to meet Butch.

Butch remained silent as he waited for Ardent to rejoin him. “Well, I suppose there is no other way, I have had worse situations” Ardent reconsidered.

“Good”, Butch said as he got to work reopening the door.

( Not much happens with Butch and Ardent this chapter but next chapter some serious stuff happens to then. :) )

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 2

I agree with Boss, a little longer Chapters. I understand it's hard for the writer to keep producing Chapters, especially when they're busy, but I'd personally wait longer if necessary for a longer chapter.

What I'd like to see? Well it's all up to the writer to decide what'll happen next. I don't think the readers should interfere with the story. If I could make a suggestion though, I'd say more detail on the combat. Use detailed descriptive sentences to explain what the combat is like. Whenever I'm watching combat footage, like some scenes from Red vs Blue or an action scene from a movie for example, I like to rewind and replay moments to see how the combat plays out. Like how people escape a hold or take out their enemy. Try watching some Martial Arts footage to help write about how someone deals with the terrorists in this series. The Halo books do a good job at that, considering you've read them, you should know what I mean.

• Like 1