I'm gonna throw this thread out there as a bit of a teaser as well as an invitation to anyone out there that still loves to play there daily Halo, but doesn't have many people left on their friend's list that plays Halo.  I'm making a gaming community called "Project Ascension" with a strong emphasis on Halo.  The community will deal work with our members to grow and expand for every type of gamer, from the casual Halo player, to the elite players.

We are set up to have a war-simulation event (And no, not a LARP) in which all our participating members form into teams and work to gain domination of a risk type board, with each territory being represented by an actual in-game map.  Alongside this, you can expect us to have a handful of gamenights each week ranging from any of the Halos, to other amazing multiplayer games. On top of the Campaign war simulations, and gamenights, we will also hold Tournaments, and days were we get together to simply work on achievements to help our members get that next step closer to 100% their games. 

Now that I'm done with the very rough explanation of what Project Ascension is, let me try provide some quick guidelines to the community:

1.)  We don't have an age range, We have met plenty of 14 year olds that have it much more together than some guys and gals in college.  We do however work to limit drama on the community to as small as we can.

2.) No, we do not require any changes to your gamertags, profiles, statuses, or anything like that.  It's dumb, and a waste of your time to do it, and a waste of my time to even think of asking you to do it.

3.)  We are an open community, if you are part of another community, we don't mind.  We are just restarting and we understand that other larger communities have a lot to offer as well.  We do appreciate monogamous members, but it's not like we are gonna chain you to the community.

4.) No, we don't demand that you attend every thing we do.  We do appreciate members conveying that they wanna join an event, but unless you convey you want to join in, you don't need to feel pressure to join.

Project Ascension already has pretty much everything we need to start up on a moment's notice, but due to our admins either being in college final's month, busy with a wedding around the corner, as well as other things in life demanding our attention, we won't be officially starting up for about a month and a half,  late May to early June to help remove the chronological math from that. 

With all of that said, myself, and the other admins do find ourselves enough spare time to jump on our xbox often enough to forge some fun maps, do matchmaking, and keep up with anyone that wants to join with us for some fun times.  If you feel like you wanna just jump on Halo and play with some decent guys feel free to send a friend request to gamertag:  Salvanous.

The site is TECHNICALLY up, but it's threads are potentially going to be wiped clean, and we are getting a new banner and site background, so it's kinda like going into a run down apartment, only for it to be going under renovation.  The site's flow will be relatively the same, but some key things are being changed around:

1.)  The branches of the community that work towards various goals (Animus, Nexus, Terminus)  are being more simplified, and made more of an additional thing to do alongside what the community offers, rather than have our members automatically placed into any of them.

2.)  We are dropping a few aspects of our community's content.  It's 95% fluff of what we are dropping, such as putting as much focus on working with other communities, a pre-established forging committee, and other aspects that simply aren't required.  We will very likely bring these back later, but we are cutting them out for now to work on focusing on more key elements to raising a new community and make the workload just a bit easier on all of us.

3.)  Various threads will be removed, or shifted to other locations.  In example, Nexus branch once used to also work as mini moderators, where now they won't be, and as such, we are moving moderator threads to another thread. (I'm simplifying this explanation just for the sake of not needing to write down 2 paragraph explanation)

With all that being said Banjo,  I'll send you a friend request and see if I can't drag you into a few matchmaking games, or into some custom games.  Recently made a few maps for the community, and we are always happy to bring new faces new material, or new matchmaking buddies. :)

On a side note as well, love your signature!

• 1 month later...

Project Ascension is up folks!  If you wanna take a look at what we are up to, check us out at www.projectascension.net.

We keep a weekly update on the front page, you can see what our events are in our calendar, as well as find more indepth information in the forums.