GT: TheBloodbath22

Suggested Player Count: 8 - 10

Supported Gametypes: Ricochet, CTF, Slayer

Initial Ordnance: Sniper x2 (135), Neutral Fuel Rod Cannon x1 (200)

Random Ordnance: Neutral Railgun x2, Neutral Saw x2, and 3 Plasmas x2

A Note:

Well hello fellow Cartographers. TheBloodbath22 here. It's really been a long while, since my submitting maps anywhere online for feedback proved utterly fruitless, leading to trolling, heckling, and truly nonconstructive comments. But a Ricochet forge contest brought me back from my slumber, as it is my new favorite gametype. I hope for a BTB version. Anyhow it's good to be back, for however momentarily, and I appreciate your reading and consideration!

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/9357bc1d-7908-434b-aa7a-2d5a3bc9ca40

DESCRIPTION:

Medium (?) sized competitive symmetrical arena on forge island canvas, shaped like an Hourglass. I aimed for a design that would smoothly balance between simplicity and unique gameplay. Straightforward, but flavorful. Cannons with delayed spawning, abundant ordnance, and more deliberately open spaces than cover favor communication and strategy. Teamwork is almost essential to thrive here, unlike many other designs. This is subjectively a plus.

Alas, some photographs!

post-66169-0-83135800-1380606693_thumb.jpg

post-66169-0-51985600-1380606705_thumb.jpg

post-66169-0-17396300-1380606725_thumb.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: The rear side walls have been removed for easier scoring from either end of the main bases.

post-66169-0-62333100-1380606768_thumb.jpg

And that's that! Thank you so much! I love sharing my work, though this time the map was created and designed strictly for Halowaypoint. I hope you all enjoy. I admit I am not really open to feedback here online anymore, this is more of a simple submission through and through. However! if anyone would like to establish mutual testing of any forges, I would be delighted. Best of luck in all your hard work! 

FRIEND TheBloodbath22 FOR MUTUAL FORGE TESTING!

Thanks, but I'm not really looking for feedback anymore. This is done and, clearly, submitted. But if any readers would like me to hop into their forges I'd be delighted. 

You should never NOT accept feedback. Even if this map's done, feedback will help your future maps be better.

Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

A few times. It started much worse, it's my first Ricochet map. Would you like to join a game here? I would also be delighted to check out any of yours, DessonTheMighty!

Hey I didn't know you posted here! Cool! Anyway, Zandril is correct, even when finished, feedback is very important, and necessary for future builds and adjustments. I have a map with 500+ downloads, but I am still going back and editing it, right now infact, to ensure it is absolutely perfect. I am doing this across all my maps, as I also plan on updating to have a Placed on map Equipment/Weapon variants of all maps. Zandril is a veteran forger and a widely respected forger here on 343.org. featured maps by THFE, his on promotion YouTube channel where he displays his and others maps. All feedback is good, and even a finished map can need updates, thats why you see "[insert map name]" v2.0 or such. The map looks good for a first draft man, you should always go back and edit a map until no-one can find anything left to edit. A good forger knows where he went wrong, and fixes it. A great forger listens to others feedback, and fixes it.

For example, in your second from last picture, which is the ramp I believe Zandril meant was to long, should be edited to have to sets of ramps, with a flat block platform (I would suggest 3x3 tall middle, 3x4 vertically down with x4 sides going down, on the south side of the 3x3 tall, then a 4x4 regular block on both sides of these two, to break the ramp up a bit and give a new level ti shoot from.

_ ___  _

I  II      II  I

I  II___II  I

I_II___II_I like this (birds eye view)

If you are willing to give this a map a good edit (If I can get a Trial membership, I will help you with it) Then I would be more than happy to showcase it on the page (link in my signature)

• Like 2