What I wish they would improve and do in the future campaigns

Pinapple751

I was wondering why Halo 4 felt different from the other Halos when it dawned on me. There are so many aspects of the universe that are missing and too little being added to the current universe.

Where are the leftover brutes, flying bugs, scarabs,scary variations of flood , graveminds, floating talking spheres, and UNSC odsts? I know that it's set after Halo 3 but that is a lot to leave out. I feel a lack of explanation and no sense of closure to fill in what happened to all those things. I feel like we just forgot everything else once we found the prometheans to fight.

Also what I don't understand is why there is a lack of UNSC forces in Halo 4. I felt like for the size of the Infinity, you'd think you would see way more marines and Spartans helping chief, I'm looking for entire battalions that never show up. Seriously where are the marines with personalities like sgt Johnson, the Keyes, or Sgt forge from halo wars. The is almost no variation in the marine AIs. There are almost no female, asian, black, or Latino marines. They are all white males with white male voices.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I completely agree with what your saying about the marines and lack of UNCS forces, but The chiefs been asleep for years. And as far as leftover  brutes, flying bugs, scarabs,scary variations of flood , graveminds, floating talking spheres, and UNSC odsts, We've had a lot of halo games that had that. It was really time for something new. But once again, totaly agree with you as far as marines.

Read the books...and hes been gone for 4 years...just like Spartan-104 said...i dont know...so stop complaining...i think they did good...its there first time and we are not dealing with the Covenant in this game...we are dealing with something lesser than the covenant...

I agree with you but in my opinion, there is not a lot of marines because maybe when Infinity crashed in the planet, a couple of marines survived the accident. Maybe this is why there is not a lot of soliders.

exactly... :awesome:

• Like 1

Where are the leftover brutes, flying bugs, scarabs,scary variations of flood , graveminds, floating talking spheres, and UNSC odsts

Brutes were not a part of Jul 'Mdama's Remnant. Plus, they were nearly wiped out through fighting anything they saw. Including themselves.

Drones/ Y'anme probably left the Covenant or just returned to Palamok, not wanting anything to do with anything. 

Flood. Requiem (Most likely) did not have Flood containment facilities; therefore they were not in the game. A Gravemind took hundreds, if not thousands of years to fully develop to the levl of H2's GM. They will most likely not return for a while.

Monitors. The game was not set on a Halo, therefore no monitors.

ODST's (I make up my own explainings for these kind of holes) were deployed on a different part of the Infinity that the Master Chief and Crimson was not deployed on. Though Halo: The Flood shows how all the Marines you see in Combat Evolved were in fact ODST's, just wearing non-standard armour. So it is possible ODST's were encountered but not in their Helljumping armour?

Also what I don't understand is why there is a lack of UNSC forces in Halo 4. I felt like for the size of the Infinity, you'd think you would see way more marines and Spartans helping chief, I'm looking for entire battalions that never show up

A) The story was explicitly about Chief and Cortana. The story was not about the UNSC. Plus, they had a prescence in a few of the missions anyway becasue it wouldn't make sense in the first and last few missions.

B) Master Chief wasn't on Infinity for long; a day at best. Plus, simple game/ technology limitations block large battalions of hundred+ forces taking on the enemy like in Halo Wars or StarCraft. The Halo games have never been about large battalions, they were always about being part of the smaller teams. If you get what I'm saying. Halo 4 has had no more or less AI in any one location than the previous ones.

All in all, I'm getting a  'I want a Halo 3 campaign in fancy graphics" feeling for you, that the actual story doesn't matter as much. Meh, if you took time to think about the story or even read the EU Novels, yo might realise some of these?

• Like 4

All in all, I'm getting a  'I want a Halo 3 campaign in fancy graphics" feeling for you, that the actual story doesn't matter as much. Meh, if you took time to think about the story or even read the EU Novels, yo might realise some of these?

Halo 4 had major story flaws and that's what I disliked about it. I liked the missions, the environments, enemies, weapons, et cetera. There was just a lot left unexplained for anyone who doesn't read the novels.

Halo 4 had major story flaws and that's what I disliked about it. I liked the missions, the environments, enemies, weapons, et cetera. There was just a lot left unexplained for anyone who doesn't read the novels.

Read da novels.

In all seriousness, it's designed so people who read the novels feel like they're actually part of the story (most events never get a mention) and make people think "This is interesting, I may get a book and see how it goes."

Read da novels.

In all seriousness, it's designed so people who read the novels feel like they're actually part of the story (most events never get a mention) and make people think "This is interesting, I may get a book and see how it goes."

Well that doesn't work for anyone who isn't a hardcore fan, who doesn't go on forums to talk about the game, but still want a decent story.

Well that doesn't work for anyone who isn't a hardcore fan, who doesn't go on forums to talk about the game, but still want a decent story.

The way I see it, if you care about the story enough to complain about it, you should at least attempt to get some knowledge about the lore. The fact 4 feels fit in with the books rather than a random thing on it's own is one of its best features.

What used to make halo so great is that its story was a roller-coaster ride. Each level building in tension and suspense and revealing surprising twists while creating new questions as it answers them. The (Original trilogy and ODST) felt like a adventure through space with a robotic man we knew nothing about in a universe that was brand new to us. It was something that we loved for its story, but hated at the same time for its cliffhanger endings, always leaving us wanting... More.

If 343i could somehow make Halo 5 like it was New. They have to create a story with a twist on a existing character (Master Chief/Cortana/Arbiter/Etc.) and have the location be in somewhere we have never been or seen or even heard of before... An unknown secret, shrouded in a blanket of eerie fog as thick as soup, in a deep, dark, crevasse on a strange alien world, in a foreign land, in a dark lonely sector of uncharted, unexplored space...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I was wondering why Halo 4 felt different from the other Halos when it dawned on me. There are so many aspects of the universe that are missing and too little being added to the current universe.

Where are the leftover brutes, flying bugs, scarabs,scary variations of flood , graveminds, floating talking spheres, and UNSC odsts? I know that it's set after Halo 3 but that is a lot to leave out. I feel a lack of explanation and no sense of closure to fill in what happened to all those things. I feel like we just forgot everything else once we found the prometheans to fight.

Also what I don't understand is why there is a lack of UNSC forces in Halo 4. I felt like for the size of the Infinity, you'd think you would see way more marines and Spartans helping chief, I'm looking for entire battalions that never show up. Seriously where are the marines with personalities like sgt Johnson, the Keyes, or Sgt forge from halo wars. The is almost no variation in the marine AIs. There are almost no female, asian, black, or Latino marines. They are all white males with white male voices.

While I do agree about the lack of variation in marines but the rest honestly feels like somebody asking for the same ol' Halo games, whilst I do love the old Halo's (I go back and play them all the time!), there are reasons for why they took out things and added new ones:

- The Brutes were whipped out by the elites after Halo 3 (most of them). The surviving Brutes wouldn't want ANYTHING to do with the Elites.

- You have to remember, this is the last of the covenant, they're really just pirates and/or terrorists. They'd only be about 10% of the power they once had which explains: No Scarabs, and no Drones.

- This is a shield world to survive the Halo arrays fire: You wouldn't wear body armor just so you can stab yourself in the neck. So there would obviously be no flood.

- and as for odst. Having the ODST's there would have been a great misuse of resources, they already have so many Spartan 4's. Not to mention that most (if not all) S-4's ARE augmented ODSTs so there would be a lack of ODSTs (who are still ODSTs).

- also for:No Marines: You must remember this is a research and exploration vessel, NOT a military vessel. It was ment for a few purposes.

1) Explore

2) Research

3) Training S4's

4) (and from what I have heard) finding John-117

which wouldn't require much military help seeing as how they weren't expecting what they found (the prometheans and Pirates). And if that's not enough there are a lot of points for it effecting gameplay already said by others.

- Also there are memorable characters: Dr. Halsey (in the Spartan Ops), Laskey and even the spartan 4 ranking officer (sorry, her name slips my mind at the moment).

So in the end;

There is a reason for why all the things explained were put in and taken out.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Here's the thing:

For me, the most important part of halo has ALWAYS been the characters. There are many small things and some big things I would have changed about the campaign, but especially for me, a veteran halo fan since the first game came out, the character development has been essential, and only Master Chief and Cortana developed as characters, which I'm not saying is bad at all, in fact, the work 343 did developing those two blew my mind, they were developed to perfection and excelled in that part of the campaign, but my problem was with Lasky and Palmer. I mean, remember Sgt. Johnson and Miranda Keyes, how incredible they were and how moved we were when they sacrificed themselves. I wouldn't feel the same about these characters at all. Nobody can replace side characters like Sgt. Johnson, Keyes, etc. but they can create new characters to try and bring that emotion back. I think if 343 made a campaign with the same gameplay as Halo 4 with improvements, new character development could make halo 4 the net best campaign in the series. Think about this and respond please to this forum. 343 needs to hear us.