The Halo Council closes it's site.

logo.png

As some of you may be aware, The Halo Council has shut down it's website and left the community with a simple message. 

"It's been real.

We don’t have the same amount of time or dedication, so we see keeping this site open as a disservice to the community; a false hope. We’re sorry, we love you, and maybe we’ll be back. Until then, it’s been real. <3"

I had been on the site the day before and was unaware of any notice or statement eluding to their shut down, but had not read much on that visit. 

• Like 6

Now that is a surprise: it's not very often you see a site the size of THC shut down altogether, especially without warning. I feel sorry for the members there, it can't be nice to log in one day and suddenly discover everything you've written, every argument you've articulated, every discussion you've had suddenly no longer exists. I know the Halo series has taken a battering of late, but I honestly would have expected, at worst, a staff and ownership change rather than the whole site dying off. My sympathies to all of their ex-members and commiserations to the staff: it can't have been an easy decision to make.

• Like 1

THC wasn't very big.

it wasn't pulling in enough traffic to keep it going, simple.

And plus halo isn't as popular as it once was. So why continue to put in all that money for next to no sort of income from the site?

THC was initially the break off from MLG, in the sense that Gandhi, Bravo and people like that did it to create their own thing, and it did take off a little, but it couldn't remain consistent. This really shouldn't be a shock.

I wonder how Theorix feels.