Community Forge Project - Idea Discussion

Sikslik7

I like the idea but trying to figure out how this works. Do I submit a map that I created and then the community makes changes to it or will the set of maps be co-forged? :)

Typically we want to try and start each map from scratch, however, many of us have older maps that were never finished or were coforged, and they can be submitted and continued to be forged by the community.

• Like 1

So you get together as a group, hash out ideas (while in Forge), then begin forging the project? Are "zones" assigned to participants forging?

Sorry for asking a ton of questions but want to be sure of the details! I am interested, lol! :)

Pretty much you forge what you want to forge, with other members. Many of us also create designs in sketch up on agreed upon map features (ie dominion map in a space station, focusing of a zero gravity area and long hallways). Typically one or two members will create a generic design outside of forge and slowly put together a basic layout in forge. Then multiple members will go in a finish off the majority of the map in a few sessions, which occur whenever they can get together. The main point is to get multiple people involved in each map we make, and it works quite well.

• Like 2

Hey SikSlik! I see you have a nice looking forging thread going on  :laughing:. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is JC and I am the Founder of a community known as Friday Night Customs. Our community centers around Forgers and Custom Gamers. We provide map testing lobbies as well as gamenights every Friday night to showcase what our community has created. We record highlights of our gamenights and post them to our Youtube Channel. 

I have seen throughout this thread that you are a very passionate Forger. I thought it would be great if you were to join our community or at least join in one Friday night to see how we operate. We usually host an average of 3 to 4 lobbies every Friday, each of them hosted by our communities administrators and moderators. Maybe you can stop by one night and showcase some of your maps and even join in on the community if you are interested. 

If you need to get into contact with me I recommend that you message my GT: PRV JCs or post it on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/FridayNightCustoms and just ask for me. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, I hope to hear from you soon.

The same goes to any other Forgers and Custom Gamers, if you are interested in joining, all you have to do is "Like" our Facebook page so that you can keep posted on our news, updates, and gamenights.

Thanks again to all those who took the time to read this, I hope to hear from ya'll soon, until then, Happy Forgin'  B)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

8. small map meant for 2v2's. Forerunner themed

Bam!

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/31044-xenos/

Seriously though, I suggest a competitive map for any number of players. We'll build it on Ravine. 'Cause Ravine is pretty. :)

• 5 months later...