cr10_zpsdc2fe9c9.jpg

CRX1_zps4c848dda.png

Download

Crucifix is a mid scale 4v4-5v5 map with a four way central structure bearing the brunt of the battle. The four way central structure is where the name derived from. I originally created Crucifix on Ravine and moved it over to Forge Island for the Forge Island playlist map requests. With the new canvas I have been able to make some adjustments and have improved on the original design. With the inclusion of rocks, trees, and a flat terrain I have cleaned up the map visually as well as adding more cover/structure. 

All gametypes are supported. I would recommend CTF, KOTH, Extraction, and Slayer. I would say CTF is my favorite gametype on Crucifix with Slayer coming in a close second. 

Pictures:

cr10_zpsdc2fe9c9.jpg

cr11_zps86a80bbc.jpg

cr9_zps6b190608.jpg

cr8_zps7a8a2169.jpg

cr1_zpsb97f0c01.jpg

cr2_zps43304582.jpg

cr3_zpsae7e53be.jpg

cr4_zps01a502a1.jpg

cr5_zpsc2971e82.jpg

cr6_zps44c329c5.jpg

cr7_zpsb4c4634e.jpg

I would like to give a special thanks to all the forgers who helped me throughout the process of building Crucifix.

Alzarahn
AtlasIsShruggin
Blaq Cloud
Darkling Ninjas
Vert1g0
KingNick220
MythicFritz

RunNokyardRun
Warh0lic
Yemil
The Psycho Duck

Thank you for all of the helpful feedback guys, and thank you to everyone else who's been there testing the map with me. I appreciate it :)

• Like 1

It looks like Crucifix will make its way into the initial round of Forge Island maps! Let me know if you guys find any issues and I'll do my best to make any changes necessary.

hm................ .... . hm....... i wonder.

lack of verticality, map structure and movement options with very straight lines of sight. that could be a problem.

Its a two story arena style map with pathing connecting all four sides. What do you think is lacking in paths?

Line of sight hasn't been an issue in the past but Ill have plenty of chances to look into that come Monday.

i said movement options not paths, basically that means you fully commit to every area with no other option, you're paths down the sides are parallel to each other as well, they're accessed from the same location going in the same direction ending up at the same location, this makes the paths very redundant and movement very linear, extremely predictable and boring. the center structure lacks any options what to so ever, because its so enclosed all you can do while in there i just wait to die from a bombardment of grenades or try and run to the closest door and hope to get away....

you're lines of sight are awefull, they're so straight, there's no cross map lines of sight, no vertical lines of sight, no diagonal lines of sight... its all horizontal and straight, becuse your lines of sight are very one dimensional it lacks any sort of meta, this means that all your encounters are going to be the same, all the combat, strategies, decisions are going to be the same, nothing to learn and nothing to explore. add this a long with the lack of movement options creates a very frustrating bottle neck experience.

but, i've told you all this before back when it was on ravine...

I honestly just don't agree with you. What you're trying to complain about is what the map is designed around, fast gameplay and quick encounters. There are cross map lines of sight, as well as vertical. No line of sight issues that I've encountered.

I honestly just don't agree with you. What you're trying to complain about is what the map is designed around, fast gameplay and quick encounters. There are cross map lines of sight, as well as vertical. No line of sight issues that I've encountered.

fast gameplay doesn't mean trap people in areas of the map....

and when do you ever agree with me?

Not hard to escape when you have four exits. I don't always disagree with you, I'm just stating my reasons for design. Considering you generally tell me to "stop making sh** maps", its hard to agree with those kind of statements... 

........... i never said there weren't exits.... i said there are no movement options in the area, as in there  is nothing for you to use when you're in an area so your only option is to leave the area...

and yea, please stop making **** maps like this one.

Will do Haunted, thanks for the feedback. 

No one should ever listen to, reply to, or even acknowledge the existance of A Haunted Army.

Map is cool man. I played it in matchmaking. My only complaint is that several of the maps in the recently added Forge Island playlist are play very similar to each other. That's not your fault. Just something I noticed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys,

I made some updates to Crucifix based on what I experienced as well as feedback I've received. 

-Gold side has a bit more cover on top. Crates were removed from bottom of Gold and structural trick jumps were added. 

-Green/Gold halls were completely redone. Replaced the brace larges with bridge walls which added windows to the hallways as well as reduced the cluttered look. 

-opened up some space on the bottom floor of the map by removing some walkway structure and replacing with ramps. 

-Spaced rocks out as well as raised up a few rocks for cover on corners of the map. 

-Center room has walls jutting out further to help players get behind cover more quickly. 

The new updates are in my fileshare if you have any feedback. 

cxup1_zps456938af.jpg

cxup2_zps627ff227.jpg

cxup3_zps87677db7.jpg