Island Domination

Jack Of Harts

Here's my map:

fw6teu.jpg

This is a Dominion map I made on Forge Island. It is my first Dominion map I ever made. I added natural terrain on the bottom just to make it look better. The awesome decorative turrets you see on the bases weren't made by me. They were made by my friend Scott, who's not on this forum. He also made the Charlie base. Another forum member also made some enhancements, his username is SpartanKIL. His enhancements included a hidden shade turret, Objective Drops and made some adjustments to make it better. I added a hidden armoury. It doesn't have any power weapons, just ammo for your loadout weapons. I have had a few playtesters, and they enjoyed it.

Download link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/jxzaw/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=91c70fc7-2ec7-4842-8869-d304f8f522ec

If the link doesn't work, download this from my fileshare. Gamertag: JXZAW

• Like 1

Well, it definitely looks very polished up. Was most of it made by magnets, though? Because it seems like it was.

At first glance, I can see an issue already - ground level. There...practically isn't a point of it. There's 3 bridges going down, but why? There's already a bridge in the middle we can use to run to B and the enemy spawn and just massacre everyone, and that's the way to win.

If it were me, I would've just built this map on top of the sea or in mid-air, because the ground level is kind of a big...flat....useless thing.

I think if you're gonna make another dom map on the flat surface, you should base the map around vehicle gameplay.

um-mm lots of issues here

1. bravo is completely disconnected from the rest of the map and does not appear structurally sound, its practically floating 50 feet in the air

2. extremely open sight-lines with no transitional cover for players

3. red and blue teleporters seem to indiscriminately murder players, while green goes across to the map to nowhere.

4. most of your initial and re-spawns are facing walls.

5. no base re-spawn zones on map(this will cause players to spawn randomly)

6. warthog pads facing a wall

7. awkward super steep ramps will make it impossible for players to move/fight for bravo

8. hidden armories are never acceptable

9. wtf shade turret

um-mm lots of issues here

1. bravo is completely disconnected from the rest of the map and does not appear structurally sound, its practically floating 50 feet in the air

2. extremely open sight-lines with no transitional cover for players

3. red and blue teleporters seem to indiscriminately murder players, while green goes across to the map to nowhere.

4. most of your initial and re-spawns are facing walls.

5. no base re-spawn zones on map(this will cause players to spawn randomly)

6. warthog pads facing a wall

7. awkward super steep ramps will make it impossible for players to move/fight for bravo

8. hidden armories are never acceptable

9. wtf shade turret

1. I connected it up, using ramps and the other two bases connect to it, also. "floating 50 feet up into the air" So, if I add some tall blocks beneath it, would that fix this problem?

2. That's what I placed the rocks for.

3. Huh? The red one should lead to the hidden armoury, and the other two should lead to the water and kill the players. I will delete them and the armoury if you think I should.

4, 5 and 6. Okay, I'll fix these when I next go on.

7. Should I replace them with Gravity lifts?

8. Okay, I'll get rid of that.

9. What's wrong with the Shade turret?

Thanks for your advice. If I fix these problems, would you consider this a decent map?

Well, it definitely looks very polished up. Was most of it made by magnets, though? Because it seems like it was.

At first glance, I can see an issue already - ground level. There...practically isn't a point of it. There's 3 bridges going down, but why? There's already a bridge in the middle we can use to run to B and the enemy spawn and just massacre everyone, and that's the way to win.

If it were me, I would've just built this map on top of the sea or in mid-air, because the ground level is kind of a big...flat....useless thing.

I think if you're gonna make another dom map on the flat surface, you should base the map around vehicle gameplay.

Yeah, it was mostly made using magnets. Also, the ground level isn't useless, it can be used for tactical gameplay. If the other team holds B, is being heavily defended, and you can't get to C without crossing B, then you won't be able to really get anywhere outside of your own base. It's mainly used to give the map more space. Otherwise, the map would be way too small. So, it's mainly used as an alternative route to C. Also, I did add vehicles.

1. I connected it up, using ramps and the other two bases connect to it, also. "floating 50 feet up into the air" So, if I add some tall blocks beneath it, would that fix this problem?

2. That's what I placed the rocks for.

3. Huh? The red one should lead to the hidden armoury, and the other two should lead to the water and kill the players. I will delete them and the armoury if you think I should.

4, 5 and 6. Okay, I'll fix these when I next go on.

7. Should I replace them with Gravity lifts?

8. Okay, I'll get rid of that.

9. What's wrong with the Shade turret?

Thanks for your advice. If I fix these problems, would you consider this a decent map?

For 1, uh, no. I don't think its an aesthetic issue as much as it is an - nobodyisevergonnagetB - issue. The best way of adding to it is create more routes to B from A and C, which provide cover. (Also, there needs to be cover on the bridge in the middle.)

For 2, it looks like the rocks are all at the bottom of the map, on the flat area. Meaning that you want ground gameplay. But then.....

Yeah, it was mostly made using magnets. Also, the ground level isn't useless, it can be used for tactical gameplay. If the other team holds B, is being heavily defended, and you can't get to C without crossing B, then you won't be able to really get anywhere outside of your own base. It's mainly used to give the map more space. Otherwise, the map would be way too small. So, it's mainly used as an alternative route to C. Also, I did add vehicles.

There's a bunch of trees, which from the side looks a bit weird, and while rocks are ok, there's still about 3/4 of the big islands flat area that isn't used - where the 3 bridges lead.

For 1, uh, no. I don't think its an aesthetic issue as much as it is an - nobodyisevergonnagetB - issue. The best way of adding to it is create more routes to B from A and C, which provide cover. (Also, there needs to be cover on the bridge in the middle.)

For 2, it looks like the rocks are all at the bottom of the map, on the flat area. Meaning that you want ground gameplay. But then.....

There's a bunch of trees, which from the side looks a bit weird, and while rocks are ok, there's still about 3/4 of the big islands flat area that isn't used - where the 3 bridges lead.

Well, they're mainly used to get to the base from the ground level. Also, the two bases connect to B, how else could I connect them? Of course people are going to go for B, it's the central base! Most of the flat land is used as an alternate route from A to C or vice versa. Also, the "Read before posting" thread said that the bases need at least three entrances, so if I deleted the ramps, I wouldn't meet all the requirements.

vgielu.jpg

There were some problems with my original map, as AbleSir Thomas pointed out.

New version includes:

1. No more teleporters, armoury and shade turrets.

2. Base and respawn zones.

3. Better spawn and vehicle pad placing.

4. A Gravity lift going up to Bravo, from the ground allowing easier access.

If there are still any problems, please let me know.

Gamertag: JXZAW. Download link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/jxzaw/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=b1672a7a-299a-4630-b856-0abffb08dc5d

• Like 1