Halo 5 New Weapon/Vehicle Ideas?

TheReach2134

Hi,

In This post I'd like to mark down some Ideas for some new Vehicles and Weapons.

For all UNSC, Covenant and Prometheans.

1.The Spectre, The Spectre in Halo 2 was one of my favourites. It was the equvilent to the UNSC Warthog. They should also make something like a Promethean version too.

2.Promethean Vehicles: Yes I know everyone wants them very bad. I want some too. Here are some Ideas I want about them.

• When you like get inside one itll like Transform and something like that. Like how the promethean weapons when you hold them for the first time in the game.
  • Do not make them spawn to much for as they may be overpowered as 343 may make them.

3. Bring back Dual Weilding of weapons. And bring back some of the main dual weild weapons such as SMG and Plasma Rifle.

4. In maps they should have more randmon oradance drops and maybe some random guns laying in the ground like in previous Halo's.

5. Maybe bring back Grenade Launcher from Halo Reach or even have it as a Warthog Turret type.

That is all my ideas. I will keep editing the forum as I may keep getting my own new ideas!

Feel free to leave your own ideas in the reply section too. May Halo 5 be a good one! :clap:

• Like 2

I say we get Promethean vehicles.

But not just generic run of the mill vehicles.

I think Prometheans should board vehicles, then rip out their cores from their backs and stuff them into the vehicle, which transforms the vehicle into a powered-up version of itself. At this point the Knight disintegrates. Ghosts with rear turrets and four frontal guns, Wraiths with Incineration Cannon blasts, Scorpions that fire orange/yellow Spartan Lasers without charging up, etc. And of course a 50% increase in vehicle health. A difficult fight on Legendary.

Then, to get a Promethean vehicle, you must board back, and then you rip out the core and take the driver's seat. Congratulations, you just earned pure epic.

And as for Multiplayer, just have them spawn as power vehicles. Rare, the kind of thing the two teams (Or in an FFA match, everyone) will fight over. 

• Like 3

The Spectre was a pretty awesome vehicle, but if I have to be honest, I understand why it didn't show up in Halo 3. The infinite boost coupled with the Plasma Cannon turret did make it overpowered. With the new gameplay mechanics, though, I think it would be fun if it made a comeback.

Promethean Vehicles I think sound awesome. Jump in, and it modifies its structure around your Spartan. A tank firing heavy Incineration Cannon shots, maybe with a Pulse Turret or something, would probably be my new favourite vehicle. The only trick is to balance them with other vehicles.

Dual-Wielding I kind of understand, although I have a slightly better idea. Have a variant of some loadout weapons (Plasma Pistol, Magnum, SMG, etc) where it's dual wield. More firepower, but longer to reload, less aiming, and no grenade-throwing capabilities. It'd probably be awesome, and dual Needlers would be the ultimate Campaign/Ops weapon.

• Like 3

How about a vehicle that can fire while boosting, is a one man (or alien, whatever) aircraft that is weak, but fast. It would be the opposite of the banshee, being slow and clunky. It would be great for fly bys and for helping the ground forces. Name it the Covenant Spirit and the UNSC Gryphon or Griffin

i think the forrunner vehicle should be somewhat like a STAG vehicle from the game saints row. i love those vehicles. i think that there should be a armor mod that is dual wielding. but it only works for plasma rifle, magnum, plasma pistil, and needler. then i want a new armor ability. its kind of like drop shield. its a shield that is also like a black hole in  a way. it deflects bullets and sucks things up limited to 4 feet. it launches the things it sucks up back out and all around you. like crates, guns, it only pushes vehicles like 3 feet or so. and it helps get people splatters and if people are too close it shoots them back a bit, it doesn't kill people if they get caught in it. it only takes their shield down. and the ability takes your shield down as well after you are done with it. when it gets vehicles it shoots them only 3 feet and it launches them fast enough to take down enemy shields. it only launches the ghost and mongoose farther because they are lighter.

What we all need is realism in the destruction of vehicles and damaged vehicles. Like when you shoot the front of a ghost, only the front should be damaged, and only where you`re shooting, so it`s not like when you shoot the front and the sides and back explode or crumple. Another thing is when you shoot off the side of a banshee or disable the fins on a ghost, that you have to fight for control, and boosting is harder to control, seeing as it`s only one side boosting. Lastly, you should be able to shoot out the tires on a warthog or mongoose, and when a warthog is disabled but not blown up, you should be able to detach it. You`re a freaking Spartan for goodness sakes, you can rip it off a puny little tripod, why not a mount? 

• Like 4

I like this Ideas.

I have only one Idea of my own.

It Is somewhat of a Covenant vehicle.

So I think It would be real cool If they made like a new vehicle 

but, when Grunts, Brutes and

Elites got onto It then It would

change Into an Covenant like vehicle.

So there would be like a human version of this vehicle

and then one for the Covenant.

Im not sure what It would be called.

I would like a UNSC weapon called the Lighter. It would fire just one cartridge that engulfes an area that size of a Regen Field in flames. A direct hit means certain death, while the area of effect is good or area of denial. It would be great to use against the Flood.

• Like 1

1. Yes.

2.YES.

3.Maybe. But they should bring back the Plasma Rifle as a load-out weapon also the Spiker should be a secondary weapon cause it's not so good. Other weapons:NO.

It would mean it's unfair for other players.

4.Yes.

5.NO. It didn't really feel like a Halo weapon more like a CoD weapon. But as a turret sounds pretty cool.

Very good post dude. Makes you think what you really do want not something that should randomly be plopped in the game.

Here are some ideas i dreamed up for halo 5

Halo 5 weapons and vehicles:

UNSC Vehicles:

-Warthog

•Gauss

•Rocket

•Chain Gun

-Mongoose

-Scorpion

-Mantis 

-Viper (Light assault aircraft)

•Equipped with heat seeking missiles and light machine gun

•Highly maneuverable (on the level of the banshee), weak armor

-Hornet

-Falcon

• Assault (has a front mounted chain gun which can be controlled by the pilot as well as two .50 cal door guns, can carry 2 passengers who can shoot their personal weapons)

• Light (door guns only, can carry 2 passengers who can shoot their personal weapons)

-Pelican (Heavy Transport aircraft) 

•Pilot controlled forward heavy auto cannon 

• equipped with  2 .50 caliber door guns on back. Can hold up to 8 personnel who can shoot their personal weapons

•contain two small arms racks in cargo area

UNSC weapons:

-Magnum

-SMG 

•can be used as a sidearm

-Battle Rifle

-DMR

-Assault rifle

-SSMG 

•the silenced SMG from ODST

-Frag grenade

-SAW 

•buffed H4 version

-Grenade Launcher 

•fires projectiles similar to the sticky detonator that will explode on contact or await detonation depending on firing mode(Utilizes a 3 round magazine)

-Spartan Laser 

•similar to the reach version

-Sniper Rifle 

-Rocket Launcher 

•Fires two types of rockets, Anti-personnel rockets (which appear green on your HUD) are unguided and deal high splash damage, while anti-vehicle rockets (blue on your HUD) track ALL vehicles and have high penetrative power, dealing twice the damage against vehicles.

-Railgun 

•Halo 4 version

-Heavy Railgun 

•One hit kill on ANYTHING, including pelicans(comes with 1 extra round and takes 5 seconds to charge and fire)

-Hyper Rifle

• 3 shot kill, low ROF

• battery operated, batter holds energy for 36 shots

• emits high intensity atom laser 

Detachable Turrets:

-Machine gun

-Flamethrower

Emplacements:

-Rocket Turret 

•Fires volleys of 4 rockets, rockets become guided when the operator enters first person mode and looks through the emplacements holographic optics. Range 1000m

-Gauss Turret

• Identical to the turret mounted on the back of a warthog

-Mortar Turret

•Starts with a target locator, the player who acquires the locator can use it to call in mortar fire anywhere on the map. 

• locator creates a red circle around its target and sticks to objects, including vehicles and personnel.

•Mortar fires 3 rounds volleys, each round yielding the power of 2 antipersonnel rockets.

Covenant Weapons:

-Plasma Pistol

-Plasma Rifle

-Storm Rifle

-Needler

-Needle Rifle

-Covenant Carbine

-Assault Carbine

• 5 shot kill, fires particle beam with extreme accuracy at extreme range

• low rate of fire 

-Beam Rifle

-Concussion rifle

-Fuel Rod Cannon

-Plasma Launcher 

• identical to the one in reach but with a longer range

-Energy Sword

-Plasma Grenade

Covenant Vehicles:

-Ghost (reach version)

-Banshee (reach version)

-Wraith

-Revenant 

-Spectre 

• holds 2 passengers, 1 gunner, 1 driver

• equipped with 1 dual barreled plasma cannon, the same as that of the banshee

-Phantom (Heavy troop transport)

• equipped with 1 forward rapid fire concussion cannon which is controlled by the pilot, as well as 2 door mounted light plasma cannons

• Capable of carrying 8 personnel who can fire their personnel weapons

•Contains 2 small arms crates in cargo area

Turrets:

-Plasma turret

Emplacements:

-Plasma cannon shade

•Identical to the one in reach but with higher projectile speeds

-Fuel rod shade

• like the ones in the reach campaign 

• Firing homing fuel rods rounds that tracks land and air vehicles

Brute Weapons:

-Spiker

-Brute shot

-Mauler

-Brute plasma rifle (halo 2 version)

-Gravity hammer

-Napalm grenades (halo 3 version)

-Spike grenades 

Brute vehicles:

-Chopper

Armor abilities:

-Jetpack

-Thruster pack (buffed h4 version)

-Active Camo

-Evade

-Berserk 

• allows users a brief burst of extreme speed once their shields are removed (like the h2/h3 brutes)

-Regen Field

-Stability 

• allows player to remain scoped in while taking fire 

-Thermal 

• shows players and vehicles in bright red/white, terrain is darker blue. 

• Residual heat signatures will reveal enemies hiding around corners by slightly brightening the air next to the corner (YOU CANNOT SEE THROUGH WALLS)

Equipment:

-Anti vehicle Mine

•Fits into a slot on your HUD next to the grenade slots, destroys warthogs in one hit as well as personnel

-Bubble shield 

•remains active until destroyed

-EMP field 

•Immobilizes vehicles and SLOWY drains shields within a 20m radius 

You may notice that i left out forerunner weapons and vehicles, that is because (in my opinion) the forerunners are utterly boring and annoying to fight. 

I would love to see the brutes return as a sort of pirate like rouge faction in halo 5, possibly attempting to invade and take control of a weakened Sanghelios which we must defend alongside the arbiter. 

In addition, many of the vehicles i listed are only plausible if used in a 16 vs 16 or 32 vs 32 playlist (such as the pelican and phantom) which will hopefully be possible with the processing power of the next gen xbox.

• Like 3

What we all need is realism in the destruction of vehicles and damaged vehicles. Like when you shoot the front of a ghost, only the front should be damaged, and only where you`re shooting, so it`s not like when you shoot the front and the sides and back explode or crumple. Another thing is when you shoot off the side of a banshee or disable the fins on a ghost, that you have to fight for control, and boosting is harder to control, seeing as it`s only one side boosting. Lastly, you should be able to shoot out the tires on a warthog or mongoose, and when a warthog is disabled but not blown up, you should be able to detach it. You`re a freaking Spartan for goodness sakes, you can rip it off a puny little tripod, why not a mount? 

Gameplay purposes, Engine limitations, etc. The damage realism could be achieved, but making a messed up banshee hard to control is bad for MP gameplay. Halo 1's ghost had this in campaign and it was so aggravating. Reach had it too, I think. The mechanic was absolutely cool, but would ruin MP.

Edited by Ryu♥Hayabusa
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For my first post on this forum, I am going to suggest something me and my friend have been thinking of for quite some time.

As many may tell, you can see Halo 4 multiplayer is far more vanilla than the past three main Halo games, and has been stripped right back to the foundation and rebuilt. Which I find is a fantastic move.

But now, I think it's time 343i forged something more for Halo 5. These are some of my ideas for what can be included:

- Reintroduction of the UNSC Vulture and Lych as a drivable vehicle in a new 'heavy air-assault vehicle class. (would make for some brutal 32-player multiplayer battles)

- Introduction of the UNSC Sparrowhawk as a multiplayer vehicle. (UNSC counterpart of the Banshee)

- Use of the Mammoth in a map that would be the successor to Sandtrap.

• Like 4

For my first post on this forum, I am going to suggest something me and my friend have been thinking of for quite some time.

As many may tell, you can see Halo 4 multiplayer is far more vanilla than the past three main Halo games, and has been stripped right back to the foundation and rebuilt. Which I find is a fantastic move.

But now, I think it's time 343i forged something more for Halo 5. These are some of my ideas for what can be included:

- Reintroduction of the UNSC Vulture and Lych as a drivable vehicle in a new 'heavy air-assault vehicle class. (would make for some brutal 32-player multiplayer battles)

- Introduction of the UNSC Sparrowhawk as a multiplayer vehicle. (UNSC counterpart of the Banshee)

- Use of the Mammoth in a map that would be the successor to Sandtrap.

these are great ideas. i remember sand trap and the elephants. loved that game type. also i like the lych and vulture and sparrohawk ideas as well

• 4 weeks later...

It's quite simple bring back all weaponry from previous halo games.

Yes even the brute stuff- if they can add a Grav-hammer they can sure as hell add the other brute weapons

Also if MP is a "simulation within a simulation" again then there's a viable excuse

Oh and equipment from Halo 3 I miss that stuff

• Like 1

I think that the loadout weapons should have 3 or 4 different ones eg 3/4 UNSC automatics, precision and sidearms, and the same with covey, promethean and maybe return of brute weapons as well.

the snipers could have two variations as well, like the beam rifle and focus rifle for the coveys

here's some ideas:

UNSC:

Shredder - resembles the assault rifle from halo 1 but stockier and shorter

Wrecker - 3 barrels that fire at the same time, mid damage full auto but low fire rate doe slightly higher damage than the BR when all 3 hit

Menace - Precision weapon single fire, high damage but lower fire rate than DMR, longer barrel, accurate but loses it quickly

(un-named) - side arm, 16 rounds full auto, very high fire rate heavily loses accuracy but capable of killing in 12 bullets

Ripper - sniper, 1 round, rail based fire style but can hold the trigger for longer (still limited)

Usable katana - speaks for itself, has own assassinations

COVENANT: (they already have three automatics like the repeater, plasma and storm)

(un-named) - precision, plasma based, flight delay but high shield damage semi auto with a slower fire rate than the carbine

(un-named) - side arm, needle based, 3 needles in soft flesh (shield needs to be down) for supercombine but it would take one and a half clips to take down shields.

PROMETHEAN:

Duster - side arm 6 rounds, produces a small flame that gradually drains enemy shields, 5 out of 6 can kill, can be charged like the boltshot but drains entire clip and produces a larger flame that can continue past an enemy and hit those behind up to a certain distance, killing closer ones instantly and heavily damaging others

Line up - crossbow shaped, fires a horizontal line of hard light, deals high damage but high reload time, if the entire line hits a single person they disintegrate

Buzzer - small but heavy classed weapon, one round, launches a ball similar to one from the incinerator cannon but homes, slow flight and easily avoided, instant kill, if hits a surface a large shield depleting explosion forms

Slicer - gauntlet that forms around the arm with a small light blade (similar to the blades on the prometheans) 2 hit kill has its own assassinations

let me know if you like them and if you think of any names for my un-named ones let me know :3

reply your ideas as well, lets see how creative this community is :)

My weapon ideas:

Human:

1) spartan rifle -- shoots red lasers like the original spartan laser, but not as powerful. Shoots like like the assault rifle but doesn't look like the assault rifle. Would be a custom load out

2) revolver -- basically a modern day revolver but future looking. Six round magazine. Would be a custom load out

3) Gauss sniper -- self explanatory. A gauss shooting sniper, but no magazines. Would be ordinance

4) bolt action sniper -- self explanatory, ordinance

5) Devastator or DVR -- two round burst, low recoil, low fire rate, high damage, load out

Human guns to bring back into MP that have been in previous titles and in Halo 4

1) silenced SMG and or regular SMG -- custom load outs

2) grenade launcher -- ordinance

3) missile pod -- a turret

4) flame thrower -- a turret

5) battle rifle -- custom load out

6) dmr -- custom load out

7) assault rifle -- custom load out

8. Rocket launcher -- ordinance

9) rail gun -- ordinance

10) frag grenades

11) sniper rifle -- ordinance

12) SAW -- ordinance

13) shotgun -- ordinance

14) magnum -- load out

15) rocket turret

16) gauss turret

17) LMG turret

New covenant guns for upcoming halo:

1) needle launcher -- ordinance. A rocket launcher needle launcher. The needle would be huge.

2) plasma LMG -- ordinance.

Other covenant guns to return:

Plasma pistol

Plasma grenades

Plasma rifle

Storm rifle

Covenant carbine

Needler

Fuel rod gun

Concussion rifle

Needle rifle

Energy sword

Gravity hammer

Forerunner new weapons:

Vanquish LMG -- not my idea but look it up. Would be ordinance

Slip space grenade -- like the slip space nuke in reach but grenade size. Custom load out

Dark rifle -- shoots dark light. Doesn't look anything like the light rifle, but it is a single shot kind of weapon.

Promethean sword -- ordinance. Used for melee purposes

Forerunner sniper -- another forerunner sniper. It is three round burst, but the shots are fast. Ordinance

Other forerunner weapons to return:

Incineration cannon -- ordinance

Suppressor -- load out

Light rifle -- load out

Pulse grenade -- load out

Binary rifle -- ordinance

Scatter shot -- ordinance

Bolt shot -- load out

Flood weapons:

Flood tentacle -- ordinance. For melee and can convert enemy dead corpse into a flood in any game mode and the infection can spread if the dead body infects another guy.

• Like 2