Camo Campers.

AnimalDenWinter

Recently I've been playing domination. Normaly Im the one starts dominating first but then i get assasinated by a camo camping

noob from behind who had been sitting there the whole time! This has happened to me alot of times now its starting to get annoying. 

I've used Active Camoflauge before its pretty good when your running away but it must really annoy gamers on online match made games.

On online halo games youre meant to have a great experience of the game. Although this armour ability is good it may make gamers go rage.

Once when i was using camo i killed this guy 7 times in a row then he joined my party with my friends and started swearing at me with a really 

loud voice.

I hope this prevents some people to use camo i dont mind if you still do but it does annoy experienced gamers alot.

My most aggressive loadout class to date utilizes active Camo.

Battle Rifle

Magnum

Frags

Active Camo

Mobility

Dexterity

As you can see, it is not your typical Camo camping class. This class is meant to actually hit the enemy hard and fast and disappearing when you are in trouble like a ghost. Camo is used to make clean insertions and exits, rather than "holding a position", which is the classical approach to the armor ability. It doesn't feature a DMR or a BoltShot as this class was designed for Midrange engagements on small maps, particularly.

So in conclusion, I think Active Camo has legitimate tactics that can be ran with it aside from just camping. That is just the way most people tend to play.

I honestly don't bother with camo much anymore. It eliminates the element of surprise due to its effect on radar. A perfect example of why I don't use camo much anymore is because of what happened the last time I played a 5v5 game of CTF on Ragnarock.

I just respawned at my base (Water fall side) after being shot off the back of a mongoose by a binary rifle (it looked hilarious). Before respawning I equipped my Ghost load out (Stealth + Active camo) and made my way up to the cave on the right side of the base. While making my way there I noticed two red dots on my map moving toward the cave, so I crouched down, moved inside, and pressed myself up against a corner and hid. I then waited for the first enemy to pass me, after which I assassinated the teamate tagging along behind him. Ironically the one I assassinated had been the same enemy that shot me with a binary rifle and he still had it on him. My guess is that the first enemy didn't pay attention to his radar, because after he jumped down off of the cliff into the water near my base he hid behind a rock that kept him out of view from anyone inside the base, but made it all to easy for me to blow him away with the binary.

Moral of the story? Don't shoot me with a binary rifle because I will unintentionally find you and kill you ^_^

I only use active camo. I love using it to sneak into bases and killing half the enemy team because they are to stupid to see the distortion. Sometimes I camp with it but rarely. The one time I did camp with it was during dominion when I was the only person guarding the middle base.

Camo campers have been around since the beginning, it's not something new to complain about.  Long time veterans know better than most, that you always lob a nade around a corner before blindly going around and getting stomped.  Same can be said for those who visually know what to look for from playing A LOT.  It is kinda hard to miss the visual distortion of camo...

• Like 1

Camo campers have been around since the beginning, it's not something new to complain about.  Long time veterans know better than most, that you always lob a nade around a corner before blindly going around and getting stomped.  Same can be said for those who visually know what to look for from playing A LOT.  It is kinda hard to miss the visual distortion of camo...

i can tell depending on the lighting and what i have on me plus i go blindly in there but i first put pv on and look around to see if the camo dude is trying to run before i find him :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, there are counters to this armor ability, but I think it needs to get the boot. Most players know how to correctly use this ability, especially if they are sniping or trying to escape an opponent. But when players just wait behind a corner and pull out their boltshot for half a game, that is unacceptable. being able to put this ability in a class is a privilege, and it is getting abused. I think it would be best that this ability were converted into a power up like in halo 3, and the radar distortion would be gone

• Like 2

Recently I've been playing domination. Normaly Im the one starts dominating first but then i get assasinated by a camo camping

noob from behind who had been sitting there the whole time! This has happened to me alot of times now its starting to get annoying. 

I've used Active Camoflauge before its pretty good when your running away but it must really annoy gamers on online match made games.

On online halo games youre meant to have a great experience of the game. Although this armour ability is good it may make gamers go rage.

Once when i was using camo i killed this guy 7 times in a row then he joined my party with my friends and started swearing at me with a really 

loud voice.

I hope this prevents some people to use camo i dont mind if you still do but it does annoy experienced gamers alot.

I just use Forerunner vision before entering buildings and other potential camo campers. You just have to change your tactics depending on the situation. For me I usually get the kill on campers, even when I don't employ Forerunner vision, because they usually camp out in the same spot, so I just nade the crap out of them, use forerunner vision to watch them die or move, than persue for the kill. Also, heavy weapons like rockets and fuel rods come in really handy for forcing campers out of their holes.

CV

loud voice.

Being assassinated by someone who has active camo on is your own fault lol you should have seen them on your radar. Also running away with camo doesnt help because it fades when you're in motion. 

I only use active camo when im trying to get specific kills with specific weapons for commendations. In my personal opinion it's ONLY good in big team battle, since you're further away from everyone and it lets you find targets to shoot without being shot at. No one scopes distant hills to try and find invisible people, so you're pretty much 99% invisible to anyone.

In my personal opinion it's ONLY good in big team battle, since you're further away from everyone and it lets you find targets to shoot without being shot at. No one scopes distant hills to try and find invisible people, so you're pretty much 99% invisible to anyone.

Have you never camo camped in dominion with a boltshot? :D