Map: Crossbow (Now with link!)
Fileshare Gamertag: Curly Parmesan
Canvas Map: Longbow
Supported Game Types: Dominion, Big Team Slayer, and Two Flag Heavy (or any CTF)
Best Game Type: Dominion
Intended Team Size: 12-16 players

Initial Ordnance:

Rocket Launcher x2

Sniper Rifle x2

2x pulse grenades x2

Gravity Hammer

Random Ordnance:

Fuel Rod Cannon x2

Incineration Cannon x2

Spartan Laser x2

Rocket Launcher

Objective Ordnance: Three per base, consisting mostly of Rockets, Spartan lasers, Sniper Rifles, Railguns, and Sticky Dets

Weapons on Map: None
Armor Abilities/Powerups on Map: None

Supported Vehicles:

Alpha and Charlie (4 total each)

Warthog

Gauss Hog

Mantis

Banshee

Bravo (4 total)

Warthog x2

Rocket Hog

Banshee

Around Map

Mongoose x4

Warthog x2

Neutral Scorpion

Budget: 7990/10000

Screenshots:

post-30016-0-11013800-1360533037_thumb.png
Overview (Note: Banshees and Bravo vehicles are unmarked, but they are represented)

post-30016-0-53043900-1360454250_thumb.jpg
Charlie

post-30016-0-15979200-1360454257_thumb.jpg
Charlie Fortified

post-30016-0-54000000-1360454260_thumb.jpg
Bravo

post-30016-0-98112800-1360454263_thumb.jpg
Bravo Fortified

post-30016-0-47127800-1360454268_thumb.jpg
Alpha

post-30016-0-14424600-1360454272_thumb.jpg
Alpha Fortified

Map Description: Crossbow harkens back to the older days of Halo 3 of playing Standoff Heavy, Sandtrap Heavy, and Avalanche Heavy by bringing intense vehicle play and long sightlines to your Halo 4 experience. It utilizes the default Dominion gametype and is watertight. There's a teleport system behind Red and Blue garage as a form of Alpha Charlie movement option outside of Bravo control. Red an Blue garages have been blocked off, but have a mongoose and warthog beside them. All bases have two turrets, 3 entrances with shields, and 2 entrances with no shields. NOTE: There is no dynamic lighting on non-forge world maps. All objective drops are Human themed. Finally, spawning is tight with respawn zones and anti-respawn zones.

All feed back is welcome, and I hope you enjoy Crossbow.

Edited by Curly Parmesan

I think you should take the basic design of the side bases and place them on a different map such as impact or erosion. The problem that I see with this map is that their is only one flanking route from A to C. And you must be like hey Exile has this same linear set up. Well Exile had two flanking routes that allowed for flexibility around the map. Not only that but if you do put it on a forge map, it will also show creativity with the different pallet. I'm not saying this is bad just that it won't really work. If you do plan to do this just don't copy and paste.

Thanks for the feedback. It's a good idea to recreate the entire layout on a forgemap, but I really wanted to utilize the amazing vehicle tracks and so-far unused outside bases on Longbow. And there's actually a few ways to get from A to C (exactly how many ways to get from Longbow's A to C plus a new one.) You have two teleporters, the far back path, the path closest to B, and I also opened up the cave that goes through the rock. It's really about the same amount of freedom that you have in the Original Longbow's Dominion or Meltdown's Dominion.

Thanks for the feedback. It's a good idea to recreate the entire layout on a forgemap, but I really wanted to utilize the amazing vehicle tracks and so-far unused outside bases on Longbow. And there's actually a few ways to get from A to C (exactly how many ways to get from Longbow's A to C plus a new one.) You have two teleporters, the far back path, the path closest to B, and I also opened up the cave that goes through the rock. It's really about the same amount of freedom that you have in the Original Longbow's Dominion or Meltdown's Dominion.

Actually, It doesn't matter about the teleporters or the caves. The side bases are backed up against the wall in a concave shape. If you use that teleporter, you still got to go the same way you would have to go without it. It was different with the original bases cause the entrances to the base are more accesible. But I never really go to go inside those bases alot, all I know is that the bases are really nice. I do understand the effort you took to integrate all the spawns, drops, and objective lables.

This is not realty what im looking for. I'm looking for original dominion forge maps, not reworkings of the matchmaking set.

Okiedokie, good to know. At least it was a great experience in gametype labels and overall dominion practice.

Actually, It doesn't matter about the teleporters or the caves. The side bases are backed up against the wall in a concave shape. If you use that teleporter, you still got to go the same way you would have to go without it. It was different with the original bases cause the entrances to the base are more accesible. But I never really go to go inside those bases alot, all I know is that the bases are really nice. I do understand the effort you took to integrate all the spawns, drops, and objective lables.

I see what you're saying, it definetely is a bit cramped when it comes to entrance angles (although I do slightly disagree, example Meltdown Dominion). I imagine most people would run directly at either of them from the Bravo area instead of heading through either of the caves. But I'll definitely use your advice when it comes to my next Dominion map.

Thanks for your time guys.

• Like 1