[Competitive] Override

Hoeloe

Hey. So, I posted this a little while ago on RUL, but I thought I might as well post it here as well. I don't get much opportunity to showcase my Forge creations, and I'm quite pleased with how this one turned out.

Map Name: Override

Gametype: Compatible with all but Grifball, best for Slayer or KOTH

Map Creator: The Proloe

Recommended Player Count: 4-8

Description: A 2-way symmetrical map built on Impact. The map is small/medium sized, and should work for team games, as well as free for all. It's not really designed for games such as Capture the Flag, but has support for them. Makes use of confined corridors and long sightlines, while retaining ample cover. One of my first real attempts at building something that looks good as well as functions.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hoeloe42

There's not much on there related to Halo, but it's there if you want it.

Screenshots:

2hOEPEO.jpgeKhKoHP.jpg

Ew9hhJg.jpgv73VXKM.jpg

Video:

And that's everything. I hope at least someone plays this. It's on my fileshare if anyone wishes to download it.

post-64516-0-91660800-1360191606_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like it. I was searching around for maps that I can convert to another game type created by THFE. I found your map and it looks like it could do some good for a conversion but I need/want your permission before I download it, destroy it and resubmit it. The game type you'll want to download is NZ_Survival by Anepicpotatoe. A few test maps to get a feel of what I'm shooting for are NZ_Insanity, by the game type creator, NZ_Boiled Flesh and NZ_Relay, both by me (Howard5657). NZ_Relay is actually Impact's Relay only converted into the style of maps I'm trying to create. If I can convert your map I'd be more than happy to help get it featured some how.

Howard out

P.S. I will be sure to "Recommend" your map to my friends list.

Anytime. You've done me a great favor. I have no problem with leading people to the original map. Which I went and downloaded because I wanted to get a good look at it and it looks as if it carries all game types. I'm a big fan of making maps competitive all game type enabled. Props. I also downloaded the other that you had in there. Sadly I couldn't do anything to if but it looks great.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/25965-nz-maps/