Might just stop playing Halo

Noxus

I might end up Leaving the Halo franchise, not because it's declining, but because I don't find it fun to play anymore... It's really become more of a chore. I don't know... maybe it's due to my low skill or something. But I'm gonna think this over... what do you think though? Would it be better if I left Halo or should I push forward? I do wanna hear your opinions.

Games are supposed to be fun, if you're not having fun you should do something else that you enjoy. Free time is limited enough in life, so use it wisely.

A buddy of mine gets bored of games more quickly than me, and while this often annoys, I envied him when he said he was done with the Halo franchise before 4 came out. I wish I abandoned it that easily. Instead I stick around thinking I can make things better by informing people if nothing else.

• Like 1

I might end up Leaving the Halo franchise, not because it's declining, but because I don't find it fun to play anymore... It's really become more of a chore. I don't know... maybe it's due to my low skill or something. But I'm gonna think this over... what do you think though? Would it be better if I left Halo or should I push forward? I do wanna hear your opinions.

Keep halo going, i was like that with reach, and after a while, i couldn't stop playing it. :D

Curious, you mention leaving the franchise as opposed to not playing Halo 4. There is a difference there and wonder if you see it.

Curious, you mention leaving the franchise as opposed to not playing Halo 4. There is a difference there and wonder if you see it.

I don't exactly see what you mean by a difference but it's not just Halo 4. It's the series as a whole. Lately I haven't been having as much fun as I used to despite my loyalty to Halo. I do want to enjoy it more but its become more of a chore to play...

Perhaps it's not a farewell that you seek. More like a hiatus. Either way, follow your instincts and do what you must, Noxus.

Probably....I think I'm just being over the top about this and need a prolonged break.

Take a break? It's not going to be fun all of the time. depending on how I feel, I'll play a few games a day, and as soon as I get bored or start getting my @$$ kicked i stop playing or pop in another game.

No use in forcing yourself to play something that your not enjoying.

True... very, very true...

Op, this is actually a side effect of skill based matchmaking :) You almost exclusively meet people as good as yourself. This is not fun. At all. And this is also the very precise reason only a fragment of the Halo 3 pop spent their time in the ranked playlists back in those days. People don't realize it as they're all screaming for a new skill system and even more refined frustration, but you know... people are idiots.

Cod mix folks of all skill levels in matches, works better. You have your glory and your grief. More fun in the end.

Op, this is actually a side effect of skill based matchmaking :) You almost exclusively meet people as good as yourself. This is not fun. At all. And this is also the very precise reason only a fragment of the Halo 3 pop spent their time in the ranked playlists back in those days. People don't realize it as they're all screaming for a new skill system and even more refined frustration, but you know... people are idiots.

Cod mix folks of all skill levels in matches, works better. You have your glory and your grief. More fun in the end.

I do have a bit of a problem with this statement. I don't know about you, but I do prefer playing against people of similar skill. I don't want a game thats ridiculously easy but also not get utterly owned by the team/players. If someone is unable to at least be on par with similarly skilled players, that says something about their overall skill. There are such things as bad games which happens to all players at some point in time. But to be honest, I also kinda agree with those who are wanting a "new" skill system. In H3, you were not only ranked based on games but how well you did. More skilled players would be placed with other skill players for the most part. Same goes with the lesser skilled players. It's really about the skill balance of each game which (in my opinion) Reach and 4 lack. Control is also a candidate in this. Reach had an option to match you with seemingly similar skilled players. It didn't work all the time but the option was there giving the player control over what type of match they wanted. Halo 4 has none of that.

I'm getting off topic though. Really, Halo has become more of a chore to play and thus made it not fun, at least for now. Halo 3, Reach, and 4 just aren't fun at the moment. I love the series for many reasons and I think a break would be nice to regain my composure and try to make the Halo games fun once more. Who knows, I may get that urge to play a quick game to help with the restoration of that joy the games can bring. But for now, I think I will just take a break from the games for now. Looking back now, the series doesn't deserve to be deserted, especially by a long time fan. Halo has brought me hours of enjoyment and that's what I want out of the game. Enjoyment. I don't want to feel as if I'm forced to play the game. It's like reading a book for fun and reading it for an English class. The book isn't as enjoyable if you're have to read it for a good grade. Anyway, this has gone on long enough and I may have strayed off of the main topic once again. I do apologize for this lengthy piece of text.

Ingetbbored of multiplayers easily. Stay with the franchise for the story! Expanded universe, new campaigns, spartan ops! Stick with them, even if you don't play multiplayer.

Maybe it's just me who prefers campaign. I would've left halo years ago if not for the campaign and overall story.

Honestly the only reason why I started playing online was to play ME3's multiplayer due to it influencing the campaign. Beyond that I could live without having any multiplayer. I replay campaigns over and over again (not right in a row mind you) as they are enjoyable.

I struggle to comprehend what people would do if there were no multiplayer games out there...

That being said, if your not enjoying it then its not worth playing.

I was like this with Reach and Halo 4 as well. Took like a week break from Halo 4 and about 3 months from Reach and when I came back to them I found them more entertaining then I did the first time. Put Halo 4 down for a bit just because I was tired of rolling with randoms but, then once I came back I found a group of people to play with ad was glad I came back.

Ditching it as a whole may or may not be the case, like other people said you could just need a break. Playing one game over and over will get boring after a while. Go play another game for a bit and drop Halo for a couple of days and then come back. You might see the game differently.