Can't believe I am saying this but...

Destroyaaa

EDIT: Going back and reading some of the previous posts I've felt the need to add this little tidbit in here. If you look at the pure population numbers of who is still playing that was playing at launch... Halo 4 is not only not doing well, but it is doing terrible (compared to other Halos)... Basically what I am getting at is I don't see how that can be used as an argument.

The argument is that people were not satisfied with the game (online) so they do not play online?

Tdizzle they are talking about a True Skill rank not an exp rank that you get from just playing.

Will you guys give it a break? There's three factors that can simply answer why Halo 4 is not played as much as the other tittles, which are the following:

1) Preferences. People rather play other stuff nowadays, mostly Call of Duty if you ask me.

2) New management, new trilogy. C'mon, 343 are not magicians.

3) Lack of acceptance and/or open-mindedness.

Instead of being all sorry for not having the game the way y'all imagined it, just simply accept it the way it is, and hope the next one will improve. That, or just don't play it.

Will you guys give it a break? There's three factors that can simply answer why Halo 4 is not played as much as the other tittles, which are the following:

1) Preferences. People rather play other stuff nowadays, mostly Call of Duty if you ask me.

Instead of being all sorry for not having the game the way y'all imagined it, just simply accept it the way it is, and hope the next one will improve. That, or just don't play it.

That is the whole point we are making... people are not playing it and if I was in the development department this is an issue.

If people did not voice their issues with the current game how do you think the next one would come out?

You cant just hope it will be better.You have to state whats wrong and (if you can) a solution. Its been a couple years since Reach and a lot of people gave feedback and suggestions.

Those exact issues have always been issues... every Halo game has had issues online. I'm just happy they fixed it so that people who quite get replaced. People always have problems with one or two of the weapons... and people will always have problems with the matchmaking system, because it is inherently restrictive... and they always manage to bone it one way or another. In Reach I always hated how the objective BTB games were mixed in with TDM, and they fixed it.

Quite frankly, I think Halo 4 is great, a step in the right direction, and a ball to play. That is all.

Really? I failed to see any halo title past 1, have the downtime it had. Hell I would take halo 1's horrible (no network model) MM over halo 4's Azure's Short Bus service anyday. And let's not forget that Halo 4 has had more title updates and patches than any other Halo title. It was rushed, sloppy and filled with filler to get our hopes up. Any game that releases and has the developers saying stuff like "We will incorporate that down the line", shows the developer was rushed, or rushed it themselves. Either way, it's bad business.

Secondly, how is Halo 4 being 3rd ok? Did you fail to see that 4 different CoD titles are still in the top 20, yet only 2 Halo titles are? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that a 4 -2 loss for Halo. To make matters worse, 3 of those games are over a year old. And 3 of them beat Halo Reach. And I see everyones cry about favorite (Halo 3) isn't even on there. Halo 4 in the eyes of many gamers is a failure. Sales numbers and population do not outweigh how people feel and the voice they have put out there. People hate it, but still try to play it because it's Halo. I hate it, but I still play it because I like the idea of Spartan Ops. but my presence in the population doesn't mean it's a good game simply because I am there.

All that aside, I find it laughable that anyone can defend a game that has more patches than a ship full of pirates! It obvious that either 343i bit off more than they could chew, or Microsoft decided to push them to release it on the 360 instead of the next Xbox. Evidence of this can be found in the images and renders we were given beofre gameplay footage was officially released. A lot of the still images we were given are quite obviously and noticably in a much higher resolution and definition than what we actually got in-game. One image still comes to mind....the image of masterchief sitting badass style in the warthog with a glow along side him. The image just bursts out, and is alive with fine detail. yet in-game, that same detail in non-existent. I claim that microsoft changed the date, similar to what they did with bungie back with Halo 1. I think 343i was forced to rewrite the engine and downsample all their assets just to make it work for the 360, and the end result was the turd we got.

• Like 1

Really? I failed to see any halo title past 1, have the downtime it had. Hell I would take halo 1's horrible (no network model) MM over halo 4's Azure's Short Bus service anyday. And let's not forget that Halo 4 has had more title updates and patches than any other Halo title. It was rushed, sloppy and filled with filler to get our hopes up. Any game that releases and has the developers saying stuff like "We will incorporate that down the line", shows the developer was rushed, or rushed it themselves. Either way, it's bad business.

Secondly, how is Halo 4 being 3rd ok? Did you fail to see that 4 different CoD titles are still in the top 20, yet only 2 Halo titles are? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that a 4 -2 loss for Halo. To make matters worse, 3 of those games are over a year old. And 3 of them beat Halo Reach. And I see everyones cry about favorite (Halo 3) isn't even on there. Halo 4 in the eyes of many gamers is a failure. Sales numbers and population do not outweigh how people feel and the voice they have put out there. People hate it, but still try to play it because it's Halo. I hate it, but I still play it because I like the idea of Spartan Ops. but my presence in the population doesn't mean it's a good game simply because I am there.

All that aside, I find it laughable that anyone can defend a game that has more patches than a ship full of pirates! It obvious that either 343i bit off more than they could chew, or Microsoft decided to push them to release it on the 360 instead of the next Xbox. Evidence of this can be found in the images and renders we were given beofre gameplay footage was officially released. A lot of the still images we were given are quite obviously and noticably in a much higher resolution and definition than what we actually got in-game. One image still comes to mind....the image of masterchief sitting badass style in the warthog with a glow along side him. The image just bursts out, and is alive with fine detail. yet in-game, that same detail in non-existent. I claim that microsoft changed the date, similar to what they did with bungie back with Halo 1. I think 343i was forced to rewrite the engine and downsample all their assets just to make it work for the 360, and the end result was the turd we got.

Very good post and I agree completely, do you know if 343i's PR department and developers look on this forum to see what we are discussing?

Any game that releases and has the developers saying stuff like "We will incorporate that down the line", shows the developer was rushed, or rushed it themselves. Either way, it's bad business.

You mean like... every AAA shooter imaginable?

Secondly, how is Halo 4 being 3rd ok? Did you fail to see that 4 different CoD titles are still in the top 20, yet only 2 Halo titles are? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that a 4 -2 loss for Halo.

Lol. Its common knowlege that Reach, halo 3 Halo 4 are the ONLY halo games currently operating their online service... so if your expecting 4 Halo games to be among the current ranks then... well... ahahaha.

Apples to Oranges. This is a ridiculous argument.

How is third NOT ok? The only two games ahead of it are video game staples. If you dont understand that, then tough.

To make matters worse, 3 of those games are over a year old. And 3 of them beat Halo Reach. And I see everyones cry about favorite (Halo 3) isn't even on there. Halo 4 in the eyes of many gamers is a failure. Sales numbers and population do not outweigh how people feel and the voice they have put out there. People hate it, but still try to play it because it's Halo. I hate it, but I still play it because I like the idea of Spartan Ops. but my presence in the population doesn't mean it's a good game simply because I am there.

So... what your saying, in a convoluted fashion, is that there are over a hundred thousand people playing Halo every day, and most of them hate it? I would hate to think your projecting your preconceived notions of the game onto players you'll never meet. that would be absurd....

Lots of people are playing, lots of people are having fun... shame you cant... Because the game has been patched?

Game looks pretty damn ***** to me, certainly an improvement over Reach. Isn't it always the case that pre-release teaser stills look as good as they possibly can... for obvious reasons.

Not to mention that 343i made it abundantly clear that Halo 4 was always intended to be released on the 360... as stipulated in the terms of their long-term deal with Microsoft.

Really, all you said was that the game is patched, people aren't playing it, and the graphics aren't everything you want them to be. Not a single argument to do with actual gameplay, which is where this game evidently shines. Perhaps if you spent more time playing it and less time complaining about it you might not hate it so much?

Basically, it doesn't matter anyway. The game has already been released. 343i can only do so much with patches, and in the end the overall foundation of the game will remain largely intact. They will not take your advice and make it exactly the game your looking for. So, if you really do despise it so much then why not give it up? or go back to Reach? Or Halo 3? You won't have anything to complain about (hopefully...), and the community certainly wont miss you.

Lol. Its common knowlege that Reach, halo 3 Halo 4 are the ONLY halo games currently operating their online service... so if your expecting 4 Halo games to be among the current ranks then... well... ahahaha.

How is third NOT ok? The only two games ahead of it are video game staples. If you dont understand that, then tough.

So... what your saying, in a convoluted fashion, is that there are over a hundred thousand people playing Halo every day, and most of them hate it? I would hate to think your projecting your preconceived notions of the game onto players you'll never meet. that would be absurd....

Lots of people are playing, lots of people are having fun... shame you cant... Because the game has been patched?

Game looks pretty damn ***** to me, certainly an improvement over Reach. Isn't it always the case that pre-release teaser stills look as good as they possibly can... for obvious reasons.

Not to mention that 343i made it abundantly clear that Halo 4 was always intended to be released on the 360... as stipulated in the terms of their long-term deal with Microsoft.

Really, all you said was that the game is patched, people aren't playing it, and the graphics aren't everything you want them to be. Not a single argument to do with actual gameplay, which is where this game evidently shines. Perhaps if you spent more time playing it and less time complaining about it you might not hate it so much?

Basically, it doesn't matter anyway. The game has already been released. 343i can only do so much with patches, and in the end the overall foundation of the game will remain largely intact. They will not take your advice and make it exactly the game your looking for. So, if you really do despise it so much then why not give it up? or go back to Reach? Or Halo 3? You won't have anything to complain about (hopefully...), and the community certainly wont miss you.

the majority of the community has already quit halo 4. people are upset we bough a unfinshed game bro if you fail to even see that then i don't know if your post are even serious.

Had i known halo 4 be like this i don't think i would have bough it just to play it for 2 weeks then never touch it again and instead wait for 343 to fix the game that should have been out release date the majority feels this way sir. after 2months the game has droped in price halo 3 was the same price for a good year. haha

http://www.digitalsp...charts.html?rss

Looks to me like Halo is doing just fine...

Sure, if you compare it to its own numbers immediately after launch its not going to look great... but compared to every other game on XBOX LIVE, Halo 4 i currently the third most played game.

And considering the trends in that chart you posted, those numbers are easily sustainable.

Apparently, not everyone is feeling betrayed... or whatever.

Everyone keeps spouting the same things yet they do not mention the % sales to current players, this is what matters as it shows the decline in the game. The sales figures were great but it had nothing to do with 343 it was the brand name and bungies hard work that sold H4, now however in my opinion th elegacy has been tarred somewhat, more by either negligence/inability/stupidity or whatever you want to call it.

Lets be honest all they added to H4 was some things they stole from CoD, they may have changed em a bit but thats about it.

They reduced playlists/gametypes, took out the traditional ranking system, the current ranking system is meaningless it about time played with few only a few points separating winner and loser. They also removed the heart of the game which was locking down maps and controlling them, with ordinance this is pointless and thus we have a new play style.

They have less vehicles, maps etc. than previous Halo's, they have made promises time and again only for the date to come and nothing be delivered. So far they have been a shambles when dealing with this game.

343 and their inability to get it right are killing Halo and many have left and may never come back (many diehard fans that is), a lot of people returned for the jan 21st update only to find that nothing really changed and they have left again. Its sad to see as a fan of the games but it is happening nonetheless without no real effort to stop it.

Even as much as I've been on both sides of criticism about these games I never was so stupid as to think the people criticizing it were just failing to open their minds.

I don't remember why I got on the Halo 3 forums, but I know the pattern I followed with Halo: Reach and Halo 4 was as follows: I got on the forums to voice a complaint, ended up spending a surprising amount of time defending the game against a bunch of people who were complaining about the other things, and overall ended up feeling silly for defending the game because after a while I didn't want to play it any more than they did.

People have things they want from their games, they aren't always reasonable and their complaints are rarely well thought-out, but more than anything they want to have fun playing a game that isn't doing it for them. That's not narrow-minded. That's just the opposite. They're open to change, they even start bargaining like it's a stage of grief ("You can keep the boltshot as it is, but can we please just get our shields back a bit sooner?").

I wanted to love Halo: Reach and Halo 4, but the multiplayer in both games was an overall inferior product. That's the most important part of the game for me, which is fortunate for Halo 4 because the campaign sucks and Spartan Ops matchmaking gives problematic lag about every other game.

I don't have an iron-clad idea of exactly how the game should work, but I know I don't like the way it works now, and I also know that it's not due to my inflexibility that I wasn't happy with new features of the game. I don't think copying another product and then selling it for the same price is smart business, and I especially don't like finding out that I bought the generic version at the price I would have paid for the name brand. This is not name brand Halo, and this is not name brand Call of Duty, it's a generic version of both. It's like I got a watch with a TV in it, and it's neither a good TV nor a good watch.

They took the game in the wrong direction, they made stupid business decisions and degraded the quality of their product. That's not me being close-minded, that's a quantifiable fact. In Halo: Reach they just did a bad job because the guy directing the game wasn't typically in charge of multiplayer. In Halo 4 they succeeded in their goals, but their goals were lousy.

• Like 1

the majority of the community has already quit halo 4. people are upset we bough a unfinshed game bro if you fail to even see that then i don't know if your post are even serious.

Had i known halo 4 be like this i don't think i would have bough it just to play it for 2 weeks then never touch it again and instead wait for 343 to fix the game that should have been out release date the majority feels this way sir. after 2months the game has droped in price halo 3 was the same price for a good year. haha

Well put. This game sold all those copies because it had the name "Halo", which was known to be a great franchise. I too, played the game for 2 weeks and have moved on till it gets updated. This game was pretty much a scam. I tried very hard to like it, but its just lacking too much of what I used to love in Halo. When everyone on these forums didn't like what they were seeing I told them to give it a chance and embrace the new changes. Some of those changes I liked, some I didn't, and some are completely unacceptable. I cannot remember a previous Halo title where I thought a feature was outright wrong, except not having a ranking system in Reach.

That being said, anyone here can enjoy this game. If you do happen to enjoy this game, thats great, but you must be either easy to appease or have not played Halo 2 or 3.

Well put. This game sold all those copies because it had the name "Halo", which was known to be a great franchise. I too, played the game for 2 weeks and have moved on till it gets updated. This game was pretty much a scam. I tried very hard to like it, but its just lacking too much of what I used to love in Halo. When everyone on these forums didn't like what they were seeing I told them to give it a chance and embrace the new changes. Some of those changes I liked, some I didn't, and some are completely unacceptable. I cannot remember a previous Halo title where I thought a feature was outright wrong, except not having a ranking system in Reach.

That being said, anyone here can enjoy this game. If you do happen to enjoy this game, thats great, but you must be either easy to appease or have not played Halo 2 or 3.

I am leaving the rest of this thread alone because my views are already fairly well known on the forums but the highlighted section in your post is something I have serious issue with.

How dare you believe you can presume to know what I or anybody else has or has not played. How dare you presume to know what we enjoy and what we dont. Our enjoyment does not hinge upon what you find to be a good game or not. We all have different reasons for liking or disliking a game. It is not a matter of being "appeased" it is a matter of personal enjoyment.

Now then since you dont seem to be contributing anything further towards constructive criticism of this game nor have enjoyed it I suggest that you just stop playing all together and not bother posting threads like this. It only adds issues. More importantly its insults like this that occure due to threads like these which are not needed period.

And yes that goes for everybody who disagrees with the OP as well. No need to insult that person because they dont enjoy the game or have posted as such. Also, no I am not insulting you, but I am upset with what you posted.

• Like 1

I am leaving the rest of this thread alone because my views are already fairly well known on the forums but the highlighted section in your post is something I have serious issue with.

How dare you believe you can presume to know what I or anybody else has or has not played. How dare you presume to know what we enjoy and what we dont. Our enjoyment does not hinge upon what you find to be a good game or not. We all have different reasons for liking or disliking a game. It is not a matter of being "appeased" it is a matter of personal enjoyment.

Now then since you dont seem to be contributing anything further towards constructive criticism of this game nor have enjoyed it I suggest that you just stop playing all together and not bother posting threads like this. It only adds issues. More importantly its insults like this that occure due to threads like these which are not needed period.

And yes that goes for everybody who disagrees with the OP as well. No need to insult that person because they dont enjoy the game or have posted as such. Also, no I am not insulting you, but I am upset with what you posted.

Please, tell me then, have you played previous halo titles? What do you enjoy so much about Halo 4 that you have to defend it like this? I didn't mean to insult anyone, if you think I want to hate Halo 4 then your wrong, I clearly said I wanted to like this game and I still might even start playing this game once the next update comes out.

See, I can look smart and quote people too. Does it feel good to be an idiot and actually go on record saying Halo 4 looks and plays better than Reach? Since your sooooo smart and obviously a great judge of raphics processing, can you explain to me how a game 1 engine version higher than Reach, than can have graphics post-processing and shader templates that by far, are worse resolution and texture mip mapping than Halo 3? Graphically halo 4 fails to be even a small leap above Halo 3. You can't defend this, the proof is in the resolution of the individual bitmap files, and a quick comparison of save game films from both games side by side, shows the lack of graphical improvement a title 5 years in the making should have. And let's not talk about lighting....

Gameplay wise, it's the same. You move, you jump, you sprint...wow. Aside from that, every game in the Halo franchise has had basic standard movements that have not changed in much way concerning the base biped movements and global constraints. But, it does feel a lot different than the previous titles in terms of jumping and overall movements. This might be due to a psycological thing, with buttons layouts, but noone can say that for sure. it's either different at core settings, or it's the players...that much is certain.

Apples to oranges? Are you a complete moron? Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Wars, Halo Reach, Halo CEA, and Halo 4 are all playable over Live. I count 6 Halo titles there. Common knowledge? I think you have some very uncommon knowledge. And yes, if Halo is still popular and such a great franchise, then we should still see more Halo games in the top 10. Yes halo has competition, but if the newer halo is such a success, then why is it falling behind? Why do the sales % to population not equal out even at any given point? Explain that please?

Conveluted fashion? Please, take a look around at all the Halo themed forums and count how many people are not happy with Halo 4. It's not hard to see that number of complainers, and look at the population, and quite obviously conclude that people are still playing it basically because it is Halo, or becuase they found a limited part of the title to actually enjoy. Unless you can properly counteract this thought with actual numbers or a headcount of your own....don't try to defend against it. There is a reason why I post here, and post what i do. i ACTUALLY TAKE THE TIME to research what i post before I do it. I don't come in whilly nilly and just throw around words to sound smart, or to try to deflect from my own shortcomings in the proof or concept game. Nothing I have said is untrue or unfounded. if there is something, then by all means, be man enough to call it our properly and show actual proof. Using big words and just saying it is wrong for no reaosn is just going to make you look silly.

And to counter your other words, I do play it. I have played it up till SR-46 and yet I cannot enjoy it. I don't want anything to be changed to my liking, but I DO want a game that a majority of the community can love and enjoy together...and quite obviously this isn't it. Maybe if you took a little time to get to know who I am, and read soem of my other posts, you would know that I am a supporter of 343i and I do actually defend them for what happened with halo 4. Do or don't...but here is a link to another post I made about it...

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/23934-shedding-some-light-on-the-franchise/

I go into very large detail and back it up with VidOC proof of what I am saying. if you really think that halo 4 is awesome, wll then that is awesome. I don't fault you for what you like. But I will fault you for is ridiculous claims about the technology used, the result of gameplay versus population and the end result of a product. These are things that cannot be described or boasted about without exact proof. Anything else is just opinion.

Lastly...what are talking about with "The community certaintly won't miss me"? Did I miss soemthing? Dio you really think I am here because I give a rats *** how the community views me? Please dude, I got better things to do than think about how an internet or Live service product views me. I reserve that for actual people I know and meet in REAL life. Lmao just wow...... But I guess complacent players like you would be missed? Just take what they give you, sit down and shut up, and don't voice a wrong when you see it? Sounds to me like your one of the same idiots in this country that lead to the outright detramental changes and reform that our government have brought on us in the past 4 years. maybe you should just go gaming with Obama and leave us alone over here....

• Like 1

Most of the reason why halo 4 was even succesfull in the first place was because it had the name halo Yes. I bough it for this sole reason i felt i needed to do no research on this game because it had halo. Me and my friends agree had this game been named anything other then halo we would have been satified with are product instead were just forced back into playing all these other games Hoping for a game to mimic the experience halo 3 bough.. I spent over 250 usd on halo related items. My xbox broke 3-4 halo 3 disc and i kept buying more and more that was a Game now. i bough halo odst just for the halo 3 multiplayer disc but turned out that campaign was cool to me I honestly never touched a cod game untill after reach came out because all i needed was halo i use to spend 5-8 hours on halo just getting better because it was fun and fair and was done right. now people run around like morons getting kills over and over with no true goal now. i go postive in this game i'm not at all bad at halo 4 but the games one big turn off to me and many gamers. i'd think when you make a game you listen to your fans i guess they used the wrong website when looking at what there fans wanted LOL

Apples to oranges? Are you a complete moron? Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Wars, Halo Reach, Halo CEA, and Halo 4 are all playable over Live. I count 6 Halo titles there. Common knowledge? I think you have some very uncommon knowledge. And yes, if Halo is still popular and such a great franchise, then we should still see more Halo games in the top 10. Yes halo has competition, but if the newer halo is such a success, then why is it falling behind? Why do the sales % to population not equal out even at any given point? Explain that please?

I am just going to address this paragraph.

ODST, Halo Wars, Anniversary. Those three, while yes they are playable on Live wouldn't show up in a top list for a few reasons. Halo Wars (lots of fun, IMO) never had a real big online population. It's an RTS on a console and not traditionally something that would do well in terms of online numbers. Yes it has Halo in the title, but what numbers did other RTS games have on the 360? ODST - the multiplayer (not the 2nd disc) only consisted of co-op campaign and Firefight with friends only - no matchmaking so again the numbers wouldn't be nearly has high as a game with a full MP setup. Playing the 2nd disc would just show up as Halo 3 players. Anniversary - the maps were all under Reach's MP so anyone playing the maps included with Anniversary would be included in Reach's numbers. The campaign was max. 2 player co-op.

It would be hard to compare those 3 games to CoD games that (although they are yearly releases) all have dedicated FPS multiplayer included with each title. CoD really became big online with COD4, which released the same year as Halo 3.

In regard to Halo 4 falling behind. Competition is part of it, but it could be people aren't enjoying the game as much as older titles, sure.

Personally I am enjoying the game a lot, but it could be because I usually play with a good group. Good in terms of we all have mics, have played together on Live for a while and are mostly easy going. We are not a "pro group" by any stretch. We all like Halo and so far are liking Halo 4. It doesn't mean we don't have complaints though.

See, I can look smart and quote people too.

evidently, you cannot.

Does it feel good to be an idiot and actually go on record saying Halo 4 looks and plays better than Reach? Since your sooooo smart and obviously a great judge of raphics processing, can you explain to me how a game 1 engine version higher than Reach, than can have graphics post-processing and shader templates that by far, are worse resolution and texture mip mapping than Halo 3? Graphically halo 4 fails to be even a small leap above Halo 3. You can't defend this, the proof is in the resolution of the individual bitmap files, and a quick comparison of save game films from both games side by side, shows the lack of graphical improvement a title 5 years in the making should have. And let's not talk about lighting....

Lol, i know enough to know when your talking out your @ss. Individual bitmap files? I assume then you have modded your box, set up an FTP server, and are actively comparing the individual bitmap files on a PC? Otherwise... you can't compare the files at all...

I've played both games thoroughly. Reach is undoubtably better looking then Halo 3. Not by a huge measure, but this is the same console, same hardware, and basically the same engine, so... I'm not sure exactly what you were expecting. Game looks good. period.

Gameplay wise, it's the same. You move, you jump, you sprint...wow. Aside from that, every game in the Halo franchise has had basic standard movements that have not changed in much way concerning the base biped movements and global constraints. But, it does feel a lot different than the previous titles in terms of jumping and overall movements. This might be due to a psycological thing, with buttons layouts, but noone can say that for sure. it's either different at core settings, or it's the players...that much is certain.

Erm... actually people CAN say for sure. Of course the gameplay is essentially the same... its the weight of player movement and darker/more rigid aesthetic that make it feel a bit more solid as far as shooting/moving mechanics.

In any case, I have always enjoyed the gameplay of Halo titles, and nothing has changed in any considerable way... so what exactly are you complaining about? The game plays well and is fun, nuff said.

OST's online suite IS HALO 3. Halo Wars was produced by a different, and now defunct studio, is an RTS, and by any and all qualifications is not a core HALO game... so for you to keep it on that list is grasping at straws. Apples to oranges... remember? :P

Halo CEA is not an online game... its a remake of the campaign.

I still count 3 online halo FPSs...... comparing them to the 6 identical COD FPS's is moronic. Besides, COD is a staple in the video game industry... of course more people are gonna play it?

Conveluted fashion? Please, take a look around at all the Halo themed forums and count how many people are not happy with Halo 4. It's not hard to see that number of complainers, and look at the population, and quite obviously conclude that people are still playing it basically because it is Halo, or becuase they found a limited part of the title to actually enjoy. Unless you can properly counteract this thought with actual numbers or a headcount of your own....don't try to defend against it. There is a reason why I post here, and post what i do. i ACTUALLY TAKE THE TIME to research what i post before I do it. I don't come in whilly nilly and just throw around words to sound smart, or to try to deflect from my own shortcomings in the proof or concept game. Nothing I have said is untrue or unfounded. if there is something, then by all means, be man enough to call it our properly and show actual proof. Using big words and just saying it is wrong for no reaosn is just going to make you look silly.

Perhaps because people who enjoy the game are playing it, while people who hate the game are online ranting about how its not Halo 3....

And to counter your other words, I do play it. I have played it up till SR-46 and yet I cannot enjoy it. I don't want anything to be changed to my liking, but I DO want a game that a majority of the community can love and enjoy together...and quite obviously this isn't it. Maybe if you took a little time to get to know who I am, and read soem of my other posts, you would know that I am a supporter of 343i and I do actually defend them for what happened with halo 4. Do or don't...but here is a link to another post I made about it...

http://www.343indust...-the-franchise/

I go into very large detail and back it up with VidOC proof of what I am saying. if you really think that halo 4 is awesome, wll then that is awesome. I don't fault you for what you like. But I will fault you for is ridiculous claims about the technology used, the result of gameplay versus population and the end result of a product. These are things that cannot be described or boasted about without exact proof. Anything else is just opinion.

There are a million good reasons why the population isnt what YOU expect it to be... and nobody cares. 80k players at high time on a regular day, 7.6m copies sold. Thats about 1 percent of the community online every day, probably 3-5% over the course of the day. If COD sold 11.6m Xbox copies, and has a high time of about 200,000 every day (probably generous), then thats 1.7% of the population at peak time, and probably more like 5% over the course of the day. So, compared to what many are considering the most popular game of all time, I would say that HALO is holding its own. Especially with exponentially more AAA shooters that it has to compete with when compared to Halo 3, which was basically on its own at release.

So, people are playing, lots of people, and I suspect that they dont sit there hating the experiance while they play... Numbers are certainly not an issue. 3rd most played on XBL, only behind minecraft and Blackops2... explain to me how thats a bad thing, again?

Lastly...what are talking about with "The community certaintly won't miss me"? Did I miss soemthing? Dio you really think I am here because I give a rats *** how the community views me? Please dude, I got better things to do than think about how an internet or Live service product views me. I reserve that for actual people I know and meet in REAL life. Lmao just wow...... But I guess complacent players like you would be missed? Just take what they give you, sit down and shut up, and don't voice a wrong when you see it?

What I mean is, the community is big enough that it wont be sad that one player who spends his time complaining about a perfectly good game stops playing. The community will not miss you, and it doesnt care what you think about what it thinks... about what you think.

Sounds to me like your one of the same idiots in this country that lead to the outright detramental changes and reform that our government have brought on us in the past 4 years. maybe you should just go gaming with Obama and leave us alone over here....

Lol. Im Canadian, *******. Take your shallow political diatribe and kindly shove it in the usual place.

It's not that I don't support people that have suggestions to make, it's just that I don't like how people just jump into straight conclusion without hearing or knowing what others think about it or what they have to say. If someone has a suggestion or an argument to present, they must introduce it and talk about it in a well organized matter, not just assume that everyone is siding with their subject.

I think I've also said, that if they didn't like the game they shouldn't play it. That's strictly optional (and personal), and up to the player. There is nothing anyone of us can do about that.

Judging from your poor explanation about reading bitmap files..you quite clearly are out of your league here. Leave that stuff to the pros and Tech Gurus. And no, it doesnt take a moddified xbox to gain access to, and decrypt map files. It takes a tag console to PLAY the modded content.

You saying people are not complaining about a game whileplaying is purely YOUR opinion..show me actual proof. Proof of the general discontent can be seen everywhere here, and on Waypoint. That is proof that a large number of players are not happy. And why should they be? Everyones view on whether a title is good or not personally, depends on that individual and what he/she expects. It is only after a large number of the same complaints are made, that you or 343i can logically sit and say "Hey, we might have a problem". ODST is co-op and Firefight and has nothing to do with Halo 3 by itself. So I am unsure what you are saying there. All this is aside from the OP. Ifyou care to continue trying to win a pointless internet posting battle go right ahead.

Destroyer, I can see the points you are trying to make. It is sad they removed, or for a better term, (Shipped without) the game without staple and popular options that made the previous games so much fun. I just heard that Apri i s when they plan to release the skill system. Sorry but most players, including yourself, that's 6 months too late. Same goes with Grifball. We couldn't even share Grifball maps properly, or any other map for that matter. I'm not sure who exactly is to blame for the whole mess thus far, but one thing is clear. If 343i wants to continue making profitable titles for Halo, they need a change somewhere in the development team or pipeline. Hey...at least we have Crysis 3 and Colonial Marines to look forward to!