Favorite Sniper Weapon

SatanicBagels

Which is your favorite sniping weapon?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite sniping weapon?

• Sniper Rifle
    • Beam Rifle
    • Binary Rifle
  2. 2. If Gauss Hog Turret was a choice would you choose that?

• Yes
    • No

To put it simply... If you were in a match and you got to choose between the Sniper Rifle, the Beam Rifle, and the Binary Rifle in your ordinance drop, which one do you think you would pick?

For me it has to be the Binary Rifle. I love that it can kill in one-body shot instead of one head shot or two body shots. At the same time it is balanced by the beam that it produces when scoped in and a lower number of shots before needing to be reloaded.

This gun is perfect in that it allows you to trade the element of surprise and alerting enemies to your position in exchange for not needing to have as good of accuracy to kill someone.

:)

• Like 1

Beam Rifle, but I stopped when you called the Binary Rifle balanced.

It literally spits the only information that you need to effectively counter it at your enemies face. It also doesn't have a large enough clip size to to deal with large swarms of people trying to attack one location at once. If you can't take out the Binary Rifle after expending all of your energy and resources to do so then it is your own fault.

There have been grossly OP weapons since the beginning of Halo with no really effective way to counter it (aside from letting the user run out of ammo)... The Binary Rifle is not one of them. Also it's hard to consider the Binary Rifle OP when after going through all of the hardships and giving away your position using it, it can only get 6 kills AT BEST... Though this number would more likely get 3-4 kills.

i.e --- Not even a killing spree.

I think a Gauss cannon would be a legit heavy sniper in Halo 5. Make it 1sk like normal, shoulder mounted with a decent scope, and shots deplete shields as well as ammo. 1 shot depletes 1/2, so you get 2 shots like a binary rifle before you have to "reload" but your extra weakness for having a 1sk weapon is shield depletion rather than exposure. Could do more than copy binary rifle with it, but as I said my adoration for that gun is almost unhealthy.

I would pick the Binary Rifle because it's brain dead easy. If I were amazing at sniping though and made every shot a headshot, then I'd pick the Sniper Rifle because I'd be getting OSKs either way, but the Sniper Rifle has more ammo than the Binary Rifle.

I hate the Beam Rifle. For some reason, I can't hit anything with it. It feels like it doesn't have any aim assist or bullet magnetism.

Just call me one hour photo because I'm givin' out snapshots ALL DAY BABY! Lol. So yeah my vote goes to beam rifle.

To be honest though since you said sniper I snipe with binary. I never use the beam rifle to snipe with. I just hip fire it and go like that. It's good for roughly 5 to 10 kills for me when I get it.

The Beam Rifle is my all time favorite Halo weapon. It was savage in Halo 2 when it was first introduced. It is still savage today. The Sniper Rifle has always been and still is good. But it is generic. The Binary Rifle in my opinion is in a word, OVERRATED. The Beam Rifle is sleeker, speedier and more lethal than the Sniper Rifle and the Binary Rifle. The Beam Rifle doesn't need to be reloaded after a couple of shots and it is easy to keep from overheating. It is superior in zooming in and snapshooting to the Sniper Rifle and Beam Rifle. Seriously, who needs a Gauss Turret when you can use a Beam Rifle?