Seperate playlist without grenades.

Wafl stoopidgir

i think i can call myself a veteren to halo as i've been playing them since they've been out. Matchmaking has always been a huge part of it especially around Halo 3 (My all time favorite). Halo has always had a pretty balanced multiplayer and i usually have very few issues with them. Except one thing. Grenades. Now i understand thats its part of war and battle, whatever, and its a huge part of the game. Someone runs behind cover you throw grenades to get him. i understand. But when you get into a firefight with someone and your charging at them, you expect them to shoot back right? Well not in Halo 4. With the new loadout system a vast majority of players all have plasma grenades and will just throw grenades hopeing to stick because they dont want to fight back. or they'll see you coming on the radar and will toss all they have at the entryway having some 12 grenades coming at you and getting killed before you have a chance to fight, let alone see the enemy.

Now don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying they're overpowered or that they should be taken out of the game. you cant do that. What i'm saying is that a playlist like good ole regular infinity slayer would be great if there was no grenades flying around. It would give players a chance to actually show their marksmanship skills. Some feedback would be nice. Let me know what all you think. Lets get this going!

(One more thing: What's up with spawning with only 1 Pulse grenade)

I can attest to the the grenades in the doorway thing. Sometimes in Oddball I'm going to try and kill the ball carrier and the opposing team throws

an unbelieveable amount of grenades to cover the entryway. I find it best to just wait until they are all done exploding by at least a good 2 seconds.

I hate grenades more than anyone but taking them out of the game would be wrong. Removing the explosives perk would be a start. They could also do away with explosions blowing up grenades. Most grenade deaths come from people throwing 3 grenades in a hallway, the first explosion blowing up, pushing the next grenade closer toward you and blowing up before it normally would, and then comes in the 3rd grenade to do the same. 3 grenade explosions in less than a second and if they have a teammate around, it's just nade spam city. I feel like grenades are so damn inconsistent. It's not about shooting people 5 times, it's about hitting them with the smallest amount of nade possible and then 2 shotting them.

Here's a good video to show what I mean if you aren't aware:

I personally think grenades are as important to the core gameplay of Halo as the shooting, so I don't think wishing for a seperate playlist just without grenades is as legitimate as, say, wishing for one without armor abilites. If you purely want shooting, the closest thing is SWAT, in which "marksman skills" matter even more there because you have no shield.

Also, I don't think it's that bad with the grenade spamming and I don't have the impression that the "bigger explosion"-perk gives you that much additional damage (although it would be nice for someone to test that out). But I agree that you shouldn't be able to carry more than 2 grenades.

I also agree with the Plasma grenades - what the hell were they thinking? It's not that bad in Team Slayer, but in Big Team Battle? I use them myself all the time, but they make the game really imbalanced. Especially when you're able to spawn with a Plasma Pistol in addition to that. The Vehicles are already quite a bit weaker than in previous games and with my PP+Grenade Combo I'm able to destory every Warthog/ Ghost etc. that crosses my path, where in previous games I had to run away or get the Power Weapons. Spartan Laser, Bazooka etc. aren't even necessary anymore.

Where is the classic playlist we were promised before launch??

I agree with the grenade pick up idea. I think that would be great considering there would be only a set amount of grenades on the map and players would have to choose their throws more carefully. To Mr. X though, I understand what your saying and i agree with you that no you can't take them out of the game. what would a war game be without grenades? but as for team swat, it doesnt feel like halo to me. its who sees who first basicly wins. one shot kill for basicly everybody. as i said before, a playlist like infinity slayer but without grenades would be great. that way you still get the feel of halo(ish) just without the constant throwing of grenades from everyone who sees you. Grenades have become second nature to many players and its just instinct the throw them as soon as they see someone. this shouldnt be.