Most hacked game EVER- 343i, patch this crap already

DN2012

Everywhere, everywhere I go, there is a stupid hacker. Using invincibility or unlimited ammo you name. I SEE IT EVERYWHERE. 343i needs o get their act together or i will never consider them as a "good developer". Give the game back to bungie, at least they knew what they were doing.

Im sorry you are having a bad experience playing halo 4 here are some tips when dealing with "Hackers"

Aviod the player- If you aviod them most likely you wont have to play with them again

Report the player- If you see someone cheating by all means report them, you are making halo a better place by doing so

Leave the game- if you feel that someone is cheating leave, no one will think less of you

I know the game is not fun when cheaters are in your game but by doing these things you are only making the game better for yourself and others

I've yet to experience this. I wish you were having a better experience though! Always report the player, but also keep in mind that the way the killcams are right now, someone who appears to be doing some sort of wallhack is probably playing legitimately and the killcam is just buggy.

Again, he isnt really mad at the hackers....he is mad at 343i for what he believes to be is faulty programming and a non existant banhammer.

You quite obviously are new to hacking in video games if you think Halo 4 is highly hackable and that Bungie had no fault or problems. The hacking issues you are facing are what is called "poking". Its the process of changing address offsets in memory and mapping their effect in real time. There is no counter measure for memory edits. Some offsets change, some dont. Trying to.detect them would lead to many false positives and end up hurting players more than it would help.

Please do a little research about such things before placing blame...

Again, he isnt really mad at the hackers....he is mad at 343i for what he believes to be is faulty programming and a non existant banhammer.

You quite obviously are new to hacking in video games if you think Halo 4 is highly hackable and that Bungie had no fault or problems. The hacking issues you are facing are what is called "poking". Its the process of changing address offsets in memory and mapping their effect in real time. There is no counter measure for memory edits. Some offsets change, some dont. Trying to.detect them would lead to many false positives and end up hurting players more than it would help.

interesting. I don't recall map exploits in reach.

Then you didn't play Reach, or you're just full of it. My money's on the latter.

Every other day they were dropping new soft kill zones all over every map to keep people from getting into nigh-unassailable high ground positions. I actually objected to it because I think soft kill zones are like duct tape, they save you some time but ultimately the thing is going to fall apart anyway.

They got SO bad about using soft kill zones in Reach that eventually you couldn't get on top of a pebble without "9 seconds to return to Battlefield." There may not have been super bouncing, but Reach's maps were horrible and the people "fixing" them were worse.

As for hackers, I haven't experienced anything like what the OP is describing. I HAVE experienced enough sudden lag that I've begun rethinking my long-time dismissal of "lag switch" talk, because it seems like after that sudden lag I'm always respawning instead of just coming back where I was.

Im certain the host does get a system state report from clients at match end and that the central servers get the report from host. At least some mem checks are done this way for sure.

You misunderstand. The only checks performed during post and pre matchmaking is to the map files themselves. This is why memory editing editing along with decompiled and modified xex's are hard to go about detecting. Certain parsed map data does keep the same offset address in memory, and also changes and differs per match for everyone. But yes a large majority of poked data is always at the same offset. Mostly data parsed from the mainmenu and shared map.files. all other data differs based on individual maps. Currently, memory addresses are not indivdually read over Live, and the ability to read and poke offsets is limited to the console only at this time.

If there was a way to poke other consoles over Live, then we wouldbsee a much larger issue with matchmaking. For instance, you could possibly see players purposely poking and changing loadouts, phywics etc, for enemy opponents. This is largely why reading memory is strictly locked down to the console itself, and not allowable over a Live environment.

I am seeing alot of aimbotting. I thought as much before based on the kill cam results, but wasn't sure since oddities can possibly be lag related, but I'm becoming pretty darned possitive about it. I just a moment ago had some very good examples i suppose i can share.

Was getting killed very quickly by a guy with Storm rifle. He managed to kill me when we both started firing at the same time and i maintained my aim very well while using Saw. I noticed later in a kill cam of another death by him how his stream of fire was behaving as compared to the reticule. Basicly it left his reticule to hit me perfectly, then realigned with his reticule when i went behind cover, then left it again when i came out and zipped to me perfectly, then went back to normal as soon as i died. That's just plain aim bott.

Next round i for some reason had no working option to leave the lobby, and thus ended up with this guy again. In one of his kill cams he double melees me while walking forward, as we were both runnin toward a rocket, and then throws a sticky grenade without having changed his path or aim, both being straight ahead. Thing is, since i had died from his second melee, the grenade decides to zip to THE EDGE of his screen at lightning fast magnetic speed and stick my teamate. Definite sticky grenade aimbott.

There is alot of hacking

Here are a list of known checks that both the MM initial server does. Certain things could have changed but at the time I am making this list, there is no new documentation on Live protocols regarding game content checking...

1. Map signature. Internal encryption hash to verify maps are signed and legit. This is done with a privateband public key-pair system, but it is not 100% verified to he used like Bungie did.

2. Engine version. This check ensures that the version or (patch) for the XeX file is the same version as the latest one according to Live.

3. Map size. Rather than check a map for every data field and tag referrence, the system instead ensures that nothing inside the map file was added or subtracted. That is to say that floats, enum32, enum16, enum8 or flag masks are not checked as this would take 10-15 minutes just to.decompress a map into raw format, then check it.

4. Internal Map Name. As silly as it sounds, if you rename the map internally, which is the field right after the header data, it throws things off.

Now #4 is done when normally loading resources into memory. No additional time or processes is neded for this check. Almosht all of the above checks are completed during the pairing process in MM before host is handed. This is the main problem with the host system of mm. During this time, anyone with modifications to the fields I listed, will have those effects show in game. Not all effects are visible to all players since not all players have the same modifications. But anything that syncsblike.scripts, player positions, internal text, etc... will all show.

The map exploits aren't anything to do with hackers, they are just glitches in the map that 343i was unaware of prior to the release of the game. Glitches like these are usually found and fixed prior to the release of the game, a lot of times by community beta play. 343i didn't however have time to release an open beta, they had to have the game released by holiday season. Plain and simple. Community and potential sales demanded that the game be available for the holidays. If I say so myself they have fixed everything that NEEDS fixingPERIOD

I am seeing alot of aimbotting. I thought as much before based on the kill cam results, but wasn't sure since oddities can possibly be lag related, but I'm becoming pretty darned possitive about it. I just a moment ago had some very good examples i suppose i can share.

Was getting killed very quickly by a guy with Storm rifle. He managed to kill me when we both started firing at the same time and i maintained my aim very well while using Saw. I noticed later in a kill cam of another death by him how his stream of fire was behaving as compared to the reticule. Basicly it left his reticule to hit me perfectly, then realigned with his reticule when i went behind cover, then left it again when i came out and zipped to me perfectly, then went back to normal as soon as i died. That's just plain aim bott.

Next round i for some reason had no working option to leave the lobby, and thus ended up with this guy again. In one of his kill cams he double melees me while walking forward, as we were both runnin toward a rocket, and then throws a sticky grenade without having changed his path or aim, both being straight ahead. Thing is, since i had died from his second melee, the grenade decides to zip to THE EDGE of his screen at lightning fast magnetic speed and stick my teamate. Definite sticky grenade aimbott.

There is alot of hacking

Dude..... You must be the ONLY person in the world that isn't aware of this but ..... The kill cam IS NOT accurate at all. If you watch it and complain about how he missed every shot, you're a fool. The opposing players watch you do the SAME EXACT thing in their kill cam. Kill cam has a ways to come before it can be trusted.

Dude..... You must be the ONLY person in the world that isn't aware of this but ..... The kill cam IS NOT accurate at all. If you watch it and complain about how he missed every shot, you're a fool. The opposing players watch you do the SAME EXACT thing in their kill cam. Kill cam has a ways to come before it can be trusted.

i realize the kill cam is very flawed as far as showing things accurately, and thats why i was giving it the benifit of the doubt for quite awhile. but some cases of what i'm seeing just stands out as not being due to kill cam fail. i'm well aware of how it behaves, but i still feel alot of the cases are hack related. its not like im calling hacks on everyone who kills me. the majority of the time the reticule does not line up on the kill cam i know, but what i see in some cases goes far beyond that

Ive actually seen a few hacks in the last week or so. Started playing oddball on Haven and had the entire enemy team spawn with snipes and rockets. I ran for the ball and boom rocketed so i just quit.

There are definately people with hacks out there but that was the worst ive seen.

Exile had a Scorpion that couldnt get EMP'd or blown up. My brother empd that thing 3 times and it never stopped. I stuck it with 3 plasmas as I use extra grenades on my loadout. It killed me so I called in a spartan laser from ordinance, shot it 3 times then said screw this and quit.

• Like 1

Oh they are out there, trust me on that one. But due to the hacks or memory edits only working on JTAG or dev kits, the population and chance of seeing any of them is 1 in a million for most of us. The hacks being described in the various threads I have seen are legit actual hacks that I can right now apply to my XeX or MM game, so don't go off about saying how they don't exist simply because you have not encountered them. Chances are, that many of you have encountered them, but just don't know it.

For those who don't believe, go do a quick search for altered Alteration source code tweaks, and Halo 4 offset changes...you'll find plenty of documented laid out offset changes mapped, as well as a few apps to apply those mods. Again folks, think and research before you speak about a subject matter.....

I haven't encountered a single thing in game that I couldn't explain through simple lag, or a perk.

Most people crying about infinite ammo are just playing against people with the ammo perk. It gives you a TON more ammo for things like the rocket launcher and incineration cannon.

Also twinreaper, listen to what you're saying. Most of us have experianced hackers in our games, but we didn't notice? So the hackers were manipulating the game to have no effect? I've been in other halos that were being hacked, and let me tell you, that **** is noticable. If people are hacking halo 4 in the ways you describe, then they can go ahead and keep on doing it as far as I'm concerned, because it seems to have no gameplay effect whatsoever on my games. Or maybe I'm just "lucky".