What Gun Is the Best for killing knights?

PublicAlliance

Anything automatic is amazing against their shields but you have to pop them fast otherwise they just warp away and recharge. Another alright one is the Lightrifle. Might sound weird but shots to the face with this thing are nasty and as an added plus on higher difficulties they tend to drop more ammo for you so you nearly run around with a full reserve after a fight with them.

Binary Rifle is OP on everything and so is the Incineration Cannon. I dont recomend any CQC with them as they tend to have a super melee that just wrecks me but if forced than the Scattershot is the way to go.

With tilt on, the only thing that phases the Knights shields is the supressor. Even 5 scattershots to the face barely take the shields down with tilt. Excessive launcher damage also works, but isn't viable for multiple knights. (the fuelrod gun works wonders on them for the ammo you can usually aquire from nearby grunts)

They're actually very similar tactically to Elites but with a few new tricks. You still have to pop their shields and land some headshots. What you want are variations on the good ol' noob combo.

At a distance I preferred railgun + headshot weapon.

Up close I preferred the same things you'd always want up close.

At mid-range I was fond of packing a scattershot or shotgun, but engaging first with my DMR or lightrifle. When they go to tele-charge you for melee, you step back (Prepare to lose your shields) and blast them with the CQB weapon. That worked every time, you just have to keep your nerve.

What you DON'T want to do if you can avoid it is spend a lot of ammo from your headshot weapon dropping their shields. It might work, but you're just expending way too many rounds. You want to either bait them into range of your nastier weapon or you want to create some kind of combo. You also don't want to engage them from too far away because if they teleport behind cover all your work will be for nothing. You want to be mid-to-close range or you want a technique that will kill them well before they have a chance to escape (like a binary rifle)

I didn't waste a lot of time telling you how the launcher weapons and sniper rifles own them, because that's not very helpful. Railguns are pretty common throughout the campaign, as are scattershots, plasma pistols, and mid-range headshot weapons. So with the common easy to get weapons, you want to either vary the noob combo or bait them into a CQB insta-kill weapon. Also remember that either I'm a bad shot or their heads act just a little differently, because I think the average amount of headshots it took me after popping their shields was 3.

Needlers are also awesome against them, they teleport away after the first supercombine explosion, but the second supercombine seems to take less needles and they often just warp 10-20 feet behind their last position. The result is a hilarious multiple-supercombine explosion smack down where they try to run away but just keep blowing up.

• Like 1

On Legendary mode automatic weapons such as the supressor, machine gun, etc are practically worthless against them (especially battle wagons). You want to always take out the watchers first then just hammer away at them with the DMR, Lightrifle, etc. The best option is the scattershot but they aren't exactly easy to get close to.

Knights seem gullible to me, I use holo and then knife. Works well. Incineration cannon to the face is still a one shot (in my exp). However, AR charging and melee also has worked. I guess its just about being smart against them. No definitive answer, just assassinate (hits to back in general) when you can. Thats the only real reliable weapon ive seen and a tactic me and my friends use.

UPDATE: Scatter shot was my legendary goto weapon on the last lvl. It and incineration are kings of knightly death.

In terms of power weapons, everything works pretty well: the most common ones you have access to are the Scattershot and the Railgun, as I remember, and they're both devastating, especially if followed up with melees or precision weaponry.

As for the stuff you're likely to be carrying, the absolute best you can do is the Boltshot: its overcharge is devastating and you still have headshot capabilities to deal with the Crawlers who're likely to be swarming around.

I've found precision weapons are often too weak to be worth using, as on Legendary it's often around a full clip to down one Knight, and considering how little ammunition you get they just aren't cost-effective: and while an Assault Rifle has something like seven spare magazines, a Battle Rifle gets three, so using up an entire magazine on one opponent is a lot more worrying for precision weapons. Plus, Knights have very little health under their shields, so the time saved getting a headshot isn't worth the extra time needed to lower them in the first place.

So overall, I guess I'd recommend people grab a Boltshot as fast as they can, and then either the Suppressor or the Lightrifle based on personal preference: Suppressor if you want an extra punch against Knights, Lightrifle if you want it against the other Prometheans.

I like the Suppressor or the Saw. But best weapon overall to kill Knights with is the Incineration Cannon. :) In my opinion at least.

RaptorUnbound, the incineration canon is usedull yes... But i mean from the lenght of a wathog straight. And if you used an incineration cannon it will kill the knight......................... and you. But good point.

They're actually very similar tactically to Elites but with a few new tricks. You still have to pop their shields and land some headshots. What you want are variations on the good ol' noob combo.

At a distance I preferred railgun + headshot weapon.

Up close I preferred the same things you'd always want up close.

At mid-range I was fond of packing a scattershot or shotgun, but engaging first with my DMR or lightrifle. When they go to tele-charge you for melee, you step back (Prepare to lose your shields) and blast them with the CQB weapon. That worked every time, you just have to keep your nerve.

What you DON'T want to do if you can avoid it is spend a lot of ammo from your headshot weapon dropping their shields. It might work, but you're just expending way too many rounds. You want to either bait them into range of your nastier weapon or you want to create some kind of combo. You also don't want to engage them from too far away because if they teleport behind cover all your work will be for nothing. You want to be mid-to-close range or you want a technique that will kill them well before they have a chance to escape (like a binary rifle)

I didn't waste a lot of time telling you how the launcher weapons and sniper rifles own them, because that's not very helpful. Railguns are pretty common throughout the campaign, as are scattershots, plasma pistols, and mid-range headshot weapons. So with the common easy to get weapons, you want to either vary the noob combo or bait them into a CQB insta-kill weapon. Also remember that either I'm a bad shot or their heads act just a little differently, because I think the average amount of headshots it took me after popping their shields was 3.

Needlers are also awesome against them, they teleport away after the first supercombine explosion, but the second supercombine seems to take less needles and they often just warp 10-20 feet behind their last position. The result is a hilarious multiple-supercombine explosion smack down where they try to run away but just keep blowing up.

With mythic and Tilt skull on the needler does nothing to a knight, 5 super combines and they would still be standing lol.

It is amazing how the plasma pistol has remained, to this day after a decade, one of the most devastating weapons to an enemy.

Pretty much this. Charge er up. A few headshots and move on. If you don't have a DMR BR Carbine you should be able to find a lightrifle. Any variation will do. Just warm em up with one juiced clap from your PP. lol. That sounded funny after I read it back. Juiced clap from your PP. haha. Works like a charm.

Now I will say that even though I suggested the plasma gun I rarely use it. Learning to be a good shot with precision weapons and when to find cover makes you all the better War Games player. Give it a try if you are just starting, just start working on quick shots to the face and you will eventually get faster/more accurate and knights are a breeze, even on Legendary. Although the battle wagon is a pain due to the area effect of their incineration cannon.