[Spoiler] Need hope for halo 5

CortanaLover

Please tell me Cortana will be in halo 5, partnered back up with chief.

I've been playing the series since I was around 6 or 7, right when it first came out.

I can't stand the thought of losing cortana! You can't have a halo game without the inseparable pair of characters. I almost just wanna quit halo now. I love halo 4, but its makin me all depressed.

Please keep cortana :(

• Like 2

343 can make cortana pop out of Chief's butt if they wanted to.

Making assumptions will only lead to disappointment.

There was no proof of her death, just saying.

+ They could easily make another Cortana model AI.

And possibly build off the fact that the AI gathers memories of the old Cortana

Vamphaery uses Hope Attack on Cortana Lover

She could have been indexed by the Librarian. She could be part of the "domain" now (see the novels) and as Chief has now been evolved by the Forerunners, he may be able to communicate with her. She could have digitized Chief with the Forerunner tech when she saved him (most people say it was a hard light shell or the light bridge, but I'm not so sure) and then reversed it with her own programming to rematerialized him. His data stream and hers could thus be merged, and she may literally be a part of his being now. There are plenty of possibilities.

It's super effective!

P.S. The ending genuinely affected me on some deep, profound level too. Something a game has never quite done to this degree. Probably because, while I wasn't as young as you when Halo CE came out (I was about 19 or 20,) I was young enough that my life was totally different then, and the Halo series is one of the few constants that has evolved with me through the course of my adult life. And for it to change so radically really kicked off some sort of realization of how much my own life has changed, and it made me deeply depressed for a day or two there.

• Like 1

I feel like I'm one of the few people who think they did a good job on the ending; Emotionaly satifying yet bittersweet, makes you yearn for more,to see what happens next. She may be dead, she may not be dead, we won't know 'til the next Halo game.

Oh, no. The ending was amazing. I think most people (except for those who have said they wish there was a final battle rather than what essentially amounted to a QTE) liked the ending. It's just...

we're in mourning and want to keep hope alive :'( lol

I don't think they will, or ever did plan to kill off Cortana. If they were going to they would of made sure it was final and it clearly isn't when you see some of the better and very possible theories out there suggesting how she could have survived. Therefore the only logical explanation into doing it is they wanted to "humanize" the Chief. Which looks like it could open up a very interesting storyline for the coming games. Also I have to say that as they made Halo 4 so epic I really don't see them screwing up and killing Cortana, which would put so many people off the forthcoming games especially as you'll need the new Xbox.

However on a more negative note, Halo 5 is supposed to be a much 'darker' game and although this pretty much guarantees the return of Cortana, she may as previously suggested be on the wrong side or in a diar situation.

Moving on, even if 343 got it wrong initially and planned to kill of Cortana, surely after the opinions of the majority of the fan base have been voiced they will realise and change their plans.

Just an additional thought, I don't want to wait until Halo 5 so I'd like something to happen in Spartan Ops regarding Cortana, which in my opinion it's incredibly likely that you'll at least a clue to her whereabouts as Crimson team.

Finally, I know I've mentioned it already but does anyone know if there's anything behind the terminals on Anniversary linked to Cortana... Saying she's alive. I read a comment on YouTube about it?

If they do bring her back it will ruin that moment between them at the end of Halo 4 and make it seem as though nothing happened whatsoever.

Besides I thought Halsey was in prison or something.

The only familar character we should be seenig is the Chief in Halo 5 though there are the following posibilities:

1.The Arbiter returning(Unlikely)

2.Lord Hood Returning(Unlikely)

3.Ship Master Rtas Vadamee Returning(Very Unlikely)

4.2401 Penitant Tangent returning(Equally Likely due to brief mention of a human outpost near Installation 05)

I think cortanna death is apart of evolving MC personality, I think Lansky will try and get the chief to relise that he's a human and not a war machine, plus i think at first MC will struggle with Cortonna with out her he loses half if personality, especaily his human side ironically, so I guess Halo 5 will be about MC rediscovering his own individualalty which sounds like a great open sub story line to Halo 5 I can't wait.

I think cortanna death is apart of evolving MC personality, I think Lansky will try and get the chief to relise that he's a human and not a war machine, plus i think at first MC will struggle with Cortonna with out her he loses half if personality, especaily his human side ironically, so I guess Halo 5 will be about MC rediscovering his own individualalty which sounds like a great open sub story line to Halo 5 I can't wait.

meh, I agree that would be a great way for the story to go but I still need cortana back at some point in halo 5/6 or i will have to go to 343 industries myself and complain until they give in and add her back or I will have to somehow buy the rights to a halo game just to add her back (I would, don't doubt me)

If they do bring her back it will ruin that moment between them at the end of Halo 4 and make it seem as though nothing happened whatsoever.

Besides I thought Halsey was in prison or something.

The only familar character we should be seenig is the Chief in Halo 5 though there are the following posibilities:

1.The Arbiter returning(Unlikely)

2.Lord Hood Returning(Unlikely)

3.Ship Master Rtas Vadamee Returning(Very Unlikely)

4.2401 Penitant Tangent returning(Equally Likely due to brief mention of a human outpost near Installation 05)

I would be fine with him having another companion throughout halo 5 but at some point maybe in the end they need to bring her back, I mean if they put it at the end it would keep the feeling of the moment at the end of halo 4 but satisfy many of the fans... :halo:

• Like 1

P.S. The ending genuinely affected me on some deep, profound level too. Something a game has never quite done to this degree. Probably because, while I wasn't as young as you when Halo CE came out (I was about 19 or 20,) I was young enough that my life was totally different then, and the Halo series is one of the few constants that has evolved with me through the course of my adult life. And for it to change so radically really kicked off some sort of realization of how much my own life has changed, and it made me deeply depressed for a day or two there.

Wow, my exact feelings, same here. I was about 13 when Halo: CE came out though.