Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

Something I've noticed. A lot of times I've noticed a warthog/ghost/banshee driving near and it wouldn't be making a sound. The sound of the vehicles would cut in after about 3 seconds of seeing them/ them running me over. It's really annoying cause I use the sound cues a lot to know when to get out of the way.

Anybody else experiencing this? My roommate noticed it too.

sometimes my connection might pause a second when voting for a map and, because i'm impatient, i spam the 'A' button. when it catches up, i've ended up inviting the first player in the lobby to a party -.-

my issue is, the service record always used to be at the top of the list when you select a player, therefore solving the 'Inviting Player to Party' problem ;)

can anyone tell me why I am an SR! and on a backup server and not able to play any games with friends??????? please help!!!

im currently having the same issue. None of my "local" friends are online so I dont know if its NY. But I have someone on my friends list from canada and he isnt having any issues.

I reached level 70 and haven't not received my access code for the other specializations. I heard if you played halo 4 online by Nov. 20th you would get a e-mail with a code for the other ones. Whether or not this is true i have no clue but was wondering if there is going to be e-mails sent out soon because it's less exciting when there is nothing to work towards and you get no more XP.

code will be received by December 30th

I'm having an insanely annoying problem. I'm unable to (or sometimes it takes 10 minutes) find a match when I'm in a party. I can quickly find a match when I am playing by myself, but when I get into a party, it never finds one.

My NAT is OPEN.

Any suggestions? I'm currently using a direct ethernet connection here at my University.

Stop All The Crying....

WoW i cant believe how many people are crying about the way the game is and that H2/H3 was so much more balanced....... [ the DMR is OP ...... The vehicles get taken down to easy... my Nads dont do as much damage ]..... and on and on and on so many people are crying for 343 to balance the game perhaps it is not the game that needs balancing but the way you are trying to play the game...

Face it people [ the one's that are crying ] those old dried up old school Halo game tactics you are trying to use are the ones that need a update... if you are good as you say or you think you are these thing that you are complaining can be solved... . THERE IS NO PART OF THIS GAME THAT IS SO UN-BALANCED THAT CANT BE BEAT WITH GOOD SOLID TACTICAL PLAYING PERIOD.

Update your Halo Skill-Set and stop wasting all that time crying.. its much more easy for you to change your play style than for 343 to keep making updates because people think that this Halo should play like all the other ones... This is H4 stop living in the past and...... Stop All The Crying

1. host migration and lag, it seems like it's not going to be fixed so i feel it should be moved to dedicated servers which shouldn't be a huge issue if the game is only on Xbox normally i wouldn't have an issue with this but it's more of an issue in halo 4 then ANY other game I've played

2. the maps aren't exactly the best and they get repetitive quickly with few of them being actually good. the maps also feel to promote camping over running around. this gets annoying in swat when people just sit on top of buildings with no radar to be seen by.

3. my last major problem is ordnance drops don't feel consistent with how the team is doing. what i mean by this is that a losing may still get **** while the winning team may get rockets, snipers, and spartan lasers which keeps the games less competitive and turns them more into a slaughter fest

Let me start off by saying I have been a very dedicated and loyal Halo fan since day one.

I appreciate that 343 has some big shoes to fill. The visual quality of Halo 4 is awesome and the nuances and additions to Halo 4 are growing on me as I become more comfortable with the game. I can't even begin to imagine the complexities behind building and maintaining a game like Halo 4 and because of that I have remained patient. However my patients are wearing thin and I am so saddened by the issues I have had with Halo 4 and the lack of customer support that I have finally reached out to this community. Seems as though the glory days of Halo are behind us.

Disappointment and frustration are quickly becoming the two words I use most to describe Halo 4.

I do not understand the business or entertainment value behind the move to limited XP during a 24 hour period and once you have reached level 70. I have the opportunity right now to play a lot and I was looking forward to it. 343 is telling some of the most dedicated Halo fans that our dedication is not appreciated and our long term enjoyment of this type of entertainment doesn't matter. How does it makes sense to neglect and penalize the most dedicated and loyal to the franchise? Why would I want to keep playing the game and get nothing in return? My XP from commendations and challenges evaporate so it feels like it is illogical to continue to play now with my friends as I am wasting the time and XP. For those who say "Why care about the XP?" I say "If It didn't add to the enjoyment and experience of online play, then why have it in the first place?" Clearly there is a rewarding feeling behind levels and and there is a huge emphasis in Halo 4 on gaining XP.

After two new routers, one new xbox and 4 hours on the phone with Xbox tech support (as 343 didn't offer any) I have yet to determine why during almost every game I play online I get booted from my live party mid-match and then sit waiting on the "starting game" screen while everyone else is playing still. It's not the same as when everyone gets frozen because someone dropped out of the game as I will die multiple times during the freeze by the time I return to the game.

Why is my DNF count so high. I don't quite mid-match ever?

Why would I want to be dropped into a match that is almost over? Regardless of if I'm on the winning or loosing team. I'd rather wait for a game to start from the beginning.

Why let players back out of matchmaking once they see the maps and they don't like them? This is just increasing the amount of people dropping and increasing the need for random players to join games mid match as well as causing games to load with only people on one team.

I purchased the limited edition and still only have two specializations.

Last but not least in the venting of my frustration, what purpose would my friends or anyone else have to want to level up if at the end is so easy to reach and there isn't anything you can do to further your online career once it's obtained?

Though I feel this message may never reach the eyes of those who should be reading it. I hope at least that others can read this and feel as though they aren't the only ones that feel insulted and abandoned by 343.

Good day and have fun.

Hmm, I am having the same trouble as a fellow above,

Cannot access the Halo 4 servers. Various friends on my list are able to though. My connection to xbox live is fine, I just cannot access War Games or Spartan Ops.

Additionally, my friends can see me online and attempt to invite me, but when I accept the invite it says I can't join the party and I'm also shown as SR1 when I am actually SR43 . On my Spartan Hub it shows me as being SR1, but on the small header at the top that displays stats it says SR43. O.o

This problem has persisted since around 9:30 am pacific (nov 26th). I have tried my profile on my other xbox, and I cannot connect there either, whereas friends can connect just fine from my machines. I have access to xbox live and have successfully downloaded a few things today and have open NAT, so I do not believe it to be internet related.

Not sure what I can do personally to help the situation, so please give me a hand here?

Thanks!

I found it irritating that guests spawn with only a AR and pistol, basically giving them no long range option. Please consider giving them at least a battle rifle instead of the AR.

Guests are able to spawn with any loadout they see fit, with any weapon included that the host profile has unlocked. You just need to set it up, by pressing start on Player 2's controller.

Hmm, I am having the same trouble as a fellow above,

Not sure what I can do personally to help the situation, so please give me a hand here?

Thanks!

Although I'm not actually sure, there's been a lot of instances with people and this same problem, and the answer from the people in the know is generally 'you are running on a back-up server/ the servers are being updated'

If you've checked, it isn't your Internet.

There isn't obviously anything you can do about this, other than reset your Xbox and cross your fingers.

Hope I was handy!

Let me start off by saying I have been a very dedicated and loyal Halo fan since day one.

I appreciate that 343 has some big shoes to fill. The visual quality of Halo 4 is awesome and the nuances and additions to Halo 4 are growing on me as I become more comfortable with the game. I can't even begin to imagine the complexities behind building and maintaining a game like Halo 4 and because of that I have remained patient. However my patients are wearing thin and I am so saddened by the issues I have had with Halo 4 and the lack of customer support that I have finally reached out to this community. Seems as though the glory days of Halo are behind us.

Disappointment and frustration are quickly becoming the two words I use most to describe Halo 4.

I do not understand the business or entertainment value behind the move to limited XP during a 24 hour period and once you have reached level 70. I have the opportunity right now to play a lot and I was looking forward to it. 343 is telling some of the most dedicated Halo fans that our dedication is not appreciated and our long term enjoyment of this type of entertainment doesn't matter. How does it makes sense to neglect and penalize the most dedicated and loyal to the franchise? Why would I want to keep playing the game and get nothing in return? My XP from commendations and challenges evaporate so it feels like it is illogical to continue to play now with my friends as I am wasting the time and XP. For those who say "Why care about the XP?" I say "If It didn't add to the enjoyment and experience of online play, then why have it in the first place?" Clearly there is a rewarding feeling behind levels and and there is a huge emphasis in Halo 4 on gaining XP.

After two new routers, one new xbox and 4 hours on the phone with Xbox tech support (as 343 didn't offer any) I have yet to determine why during almost every game I play online I get booted from my live party mid-match and then sit waiting on the "starting game" screen while everyone else is playing still. It's not the same as when everyone gets frozen because someone dropped out of the game as I will die multiple times during the freeze by the time I return to the game.

Why is my DNF count so high. I don't quite mid-match ever?

Why would I want to be dropped into a match that is almost over? Regardless of if I'm on the winning or loosing team. I'd rather wait for a game to start from the beginning.

Why let players back out of matchmaking once they see the maps and they don't like them? This is just increasing the amount of people dropping and increasing the need for random players to join games mid match as well as causing games to load with only people on one team.

I purchased the limited edition and still only have two specializations.

Last but not least in the venting of my frustration, what purpose would my friends or anyone else have to want to level up if at the end is so easy to reach and there isn't anything you can do to further your online career once it's obtained?

Though I feel this message may never reach the eyes of those who should be reading it. I hope at least that others can read this and feel as though they aren't the only ones that feel insulted and abandoned by 343.

Good day and have fun.

You're unfortunately close to the mark.

I have ' a little more patience' however, and will reserve my judgment until later on next year, when all of our discussions and theirs will, hopefully, have ironed out and buffed what is still, a glorious way to spend your time here on Earth.

I have to say that there are way too many issues with Match-making. Here are a few me and my friends have had problems with:

-Lag. I know the game just came out, but this game, at the moment is laggier than any other game I currently own, including Halo Reach and Battlefield 3, etc.

-Whoever the host is has a BIG, very noticeable advantage. Sometimes, I can literally lose a fight against an assault rifle while I'm using a SAW, point blank (and my bullets are connecting, even in the replay theater) Some shots get lost in the void and simply don't count as hitting my opponent. (A.K.A. This game has very poor hit detection)

-I'm tired of going full speed in my ghost and SMASHING into someone, and instead of them getting splattered, my ghost flips over them like they were made of stone and they shoot me in the face.

-The DMR is too powerful compared to other weapons. Since EVERYONE uses it, games become a long-range camp fest.

-Ordinances are ruining competitive play. They need to be toned down BIGTIME. It's so frustrating playing Slayer and you and your friends get Needlers and the other team gets a sniper and an incineration cannon, totally and senselessly turning the tides of the game.

-The Warthog does not have enough armor -- even with the Operator Specialization, they explode immediately because A.) there are too many power weapons being shot at it, especially lasers-- which are now a common weapon because of ordinances, or someone throws a couple plasma grenades on them (which everyone has because of the load out system) and the warthog blows to bits. Compare this to how hard it is to kill a tank or a Mech and it just doesn't make sense.

-Flood: On this gametype, if you are against the flood, you have to shoot them with your shotgun a good 3 seconds before they even swing or you both die even though you obviously shot them first.

-Instant Respawn makes no sense. A few times, I've killed someone and they re-spawned in range to shoot me with their DMR before I even had time to recharge my shield. I mean, really? :/

There are even more bugs/problems than that, but I won't go into them right now. I have visited the Halo Waypoint forums and I noticed that under the "Issues being investigated" thread, people have posted 200 PAGES full of complaints about the bugs in the infinity multiplayer.. It seems that there is absolutely no response on those forums from 343 industries, so they don't know where to turn for help. It's really disappointing and I hope these issues can be resolved. Thanks for reading.

So I just encountered something I've never seen before in any of the Halos. I started a big team match on exile. The countdown started at 0 and remained there with red team overlay still up. I could only see one teammate and he wasn't moving. I was able to move around with the start game overlay still up. I walked across the map and noticed the banshee was moving/glitching around and soon the warthogs were too. Eventually my shields went down and I died, unable to respawn. I honestly have never seen this before in any online game. I uploaded the video of it on my fileshare if you want to watch it. It's quite funny/slightly creepy and called "GLITCHED MATCH" Gamertag is xBTGxRockr09

Cannot access the Halo 4 servers. Various friends on my list are able to though. My connection to xbox live is fine, I just cannot access War Games or Spartan Ops.

I am also having the same problem, it's exactly what happened at launch! This is a joke. It says I'm SR 1 when I'm SR64! and won't let me play spartan ops and also for matchmaking puts me with other people in the same situation! My connection is fine! Sort it out! Haven't seen any mention of someone looking into this!

I am experiencing many issues with the War Games challenges and some Player Commendations. Several challenges are complete although I really didn't earn them. For example, one of the daily challenges today is to earn 4 killing spree medals in a single match. The closest I got was when I earned two Killing Sprees, a Killing Frenzy, and a Wingman medal (a total of three KILLING spree medals). Why did I complete the challenge if I only earned three killing spree medals instead of four? Does that mean assist sprees also count or does the Killing Frenzy count as two (which is illogical since you earn the Killing Spree for the first 5 kills anyway) towards the challenge? Regardless, the challenges need to be described much more clearly and somebody needs to check for typos. A challenge in week two was to complete a spartan ops mission on legendary, but the name of the mission wasn't correct. The challenge implied that it was in episode two, but it was really in episode one and that wasn't specified in the challenge's description. I also never earned the weekly challenge in War Games that required the player to earn 18 regicides in a single match, but it was awarded to me. the most regicides I got was about 10. Again, why was I awarded the challenge? What disappoints me the most, however, is the fact that I had 17 kills and 0 deaths in a game of CTF on Ragnarok yet I wasn't awarded a Perfection. Again, if Perfections are only awarded for slayer gametypes, then that needs to be specified. The description of the Perfection Commendation is as follows: Complete a match without dying and get at least 15 kills. Why didn't I earn the Commendation and what is wrong with the record system? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Additional food for thought:

Why is it that every time I play well, there is a player that sends harassing or hateful comments? I play tactically and utilize absolutely anything to give me the upper hand in matches (i.e. Wraith, plasma pistol, sniper rifle- I've even been criticized for crouching too much). It seems as if any time I play tactically as opposed to "RAMBO: RUN, GUN, & GIT 'R DONE" style (apparently the way everybody HAS to play the game), people complain about me, send hateful messages, and, I'm assuming, file negative complaints and reviews. I'm pretty sure the game has this variety of options (vehicles, weapons, abilities, etc.) for the very reason I use them, to play tactically. My favorite motto is the U.S. Marine Corps' "Improvise, adapt, and overcome!" It seems like people who are incapable of following that motto just try to harass those who take it to heart. Why can't we all just get along and not worry about the way others play the game? There is no one way the game needs to be played. It's a matter of preference, not restriction.

Thanks,

o PWN MY PWNY o

So when are these server issues gonna be fixed?? It's been 2 days and it still says halo 4 servers are unavailable please try again later. This is total BS I've been on a subserver for 2 days. I've tried every fix mentioned on the forums such as deleting my profile, clearing my cache, restarting my router ect... Nothing works and to add insult to injury i can use other xbox live profiles and they work fine. I called Xbox live bc 343 is so full of fail they can't even talk to their customers and they said "well you've tried everything nothing else you can do" FIX THIS 343 bc you are really discouraging me from buying anything you ever make in the future.