2820774-gallery-2.jpg

The patch for the rank reset glitch.

Read below for more details

Source:

Halo Waypoint

Halo 4 is officially here! Thank you to everybody who celebrated the occasion at one of our launch events, and we hope you’re enjoying the game. We have been overwhelmed at the response, and we’re grateful for your continued support.

As you can imagine, there are a tremendous number of new players connecting to Halo 4 right now. We’re aware that some users are experiencing occasional issues connecting to the Halo 4 services, and we are currently narrowing down possible solutions. We will be providing regular updates across all our channels, so stay tuned to the following places for the latest information:

Halo Waypoint Twitter

Halo 4 Facebook

Halo Waypoint Forums

Please report issues in this thread. Thank you for your patience, and we’ll continue working around the clock until the situation has been resolved.

3PM Update

We are narrowing down possible solutions. While we continue to investigate, we are aware of issues impacting the following server-side functions:

Spartan Rank (typically drops to 1)

• Spartan Ops

• File Share

• Service Record

• Commendations

• Challenges

• Custom Loadouts

• Armor Unlocks

Once you are able to connect to the server again, you will need to recreate your custom loadouts but your armor and SR should return to their normal state. We apologize for the inconvenience, and many thanks for your continued patience.

6PM Update

We’ve seen improvement and are still closely monitoring the situation. We'll provide another update this evening. Thank you for your patience.

This post has been promoted to an article

• 2 weeks later...

While the Halo 4 Update did fix major issues, I still have a few problems with the game. One thing to remember, these points are minute. They only suggest a few minor changes to help out with game play. Consider this post to be something only to consider. I am no gaming expert and these points are opinionated. These points are as follows:

Post-Run Reticles

Running is a huge advancement in Halo 4. It definitely speeds up the game play, which can either be seen as good or bad. Lucky for you, my goal is to bring something else into light. Have you ever noticed that for a second after you stop sprinting, you can't fire? Not only can you not fire, you have no reticle. This makes the purpose of sprinting effectively null. If the intended effect of sprinting is to speed up the game, then this issue completely rejects the intent. I propose a constant reticle, no matter if your sprinting or stationary. Though, I do not know if 343 did this intentionally If this was intentional, then so be it.

No stopping power

Another issue that I believe should be addressed is the lack of stopping power. I.e. not being able to slow someone down while they are running at you, with a sword, or a boltshot. I don't know about you, but I would stagger alittle bit if I was shot.

Pre-Game Time

Probably one of the most minute points I will be making will be about the time before the game starts. Each playlist has a description shown before the game begins. For capture the flag, for instance, that time to read the discription is not enough to read the entire entry. Granted, we all pretty much know what CTF is, I just find it as a simple thing to fix. Increase the time that the description is on the screen.

Black Screen

With all multiplayer games, there are black screens, or scoreboards.This in and of itself isn't the problem. The problem lies with the time proceeding the black screen or scoreboards. Simply put, there isn't any. As soon as the black screen disappears, we're back in the action. I propose a three (3) second count down before the game resumes. This would allow players to be prepared for combat.

Choosing a Loadout

In the beginning, there was a loadout. A this is a simple timing issue similar to the Pre-Game Time. After the description is shown on the screen, players have only three (3) seconds to choose a loadout. After those three (3) seconds, you're stuck with what you spawned with until you kill someone and take their weapon. The problem that I have with this is not having enough time to scroll down to my fifth (5th) loadout option. This is becoming increasingly frusterating. Simply add a second of the misc time in the pre-game time to choosing a loadout.

Not Spawn with the right Loadouts

This has happened to me multiple times. I will have a BR as a starting weapon and spawn with a DMR. When I go to change my loadout back to my BR loadout, it is already selected, as if it was the one chosen during the previous spawning. This may be an infrequent occurrence, but it does happen to me quite a lot.

Spawning Issues (no surprise)

Multiple times, an enemy player has spawned directly infront of me, giving the opposing player only a few seconds to respond. Though I know all games will have this issue. This is definately something that I do not really expect to change as it happens in all multiplayer games. So, don't think you've thought of everything 343.

Like I said, I am no critique. I am a gamer. These are just little things that I have found in matchmaking. Have a good day!