Discussion on Master Chief and the other SPARTAN soldiers

GoodGuysWearBlk

Hello everyone! I just finished the last episode of the FUD series, and the final moments were quite interesting to me. In the pelican on their way off of the planet, the SPARTAN soldiers (nix Master Chief of course,) remove their helmets to show very young faces. Now I read the first Halo novel but quite a few years ago. I do, however, seem to recall that the SPARTAN soldiers don't face the Covenant until a few years after their augmentation, and I remember their augmentation being around 15 or 16 years of age. Am I remembering wrong? I suppose it's possible that they weren't intentionally supposed to look young, I mean the main actors and actresses all look like they're still in grade school to me lol. How old are the SPARTAN soldiers supposed to be in this series?

Hello everyone! I just finished the last episode of the FUD series, and the final moments were quite interesting to me. In the pelican on their way off of the planet, the SPARTAN soldiers (nix Master Chief of course,) remove their helmets to show very young faces. Now I read the first Halo novel but quite a few years ago. I do, however, seem to recall that the SPARTAN soldiers don't face the Covenant until a few years after their augmentation, and I remember their augmentation being around 15 or 16 years of age. Am I remembering wrong? I suppose it's possible that they weren't intentionally supposed to look young, I mean the main actors and actresses all look like they're still in grade school to me lol. How old are the SPARTAN soldiers supposed to be in this series?

the Spartans received their augmentations at the age of 14, and a couple months afterwords recieved the Mark IV Mjolnir Armor
  • Like 1

Yeah they are pretty young during FuD, but its odd that Laskey looks UP to someone who is younger then him

Well... Keep in mind that "Respect" or "Awe" is not gained by age. Its gained by experence and Knowha. If you look at WW2 for instance, you would find that thire might be a 26 year old looking up to a 19 year old simply because the 19 year old is a vet and the other guy is a rookie. You could even take Medal of Honor recipients for example. Even Officers should salute an enlisted man with the Medal of Honor. it's not because hes older, its because he has done something DESERVING that respect.

sierra 117 got it right. They were 15. A good way to see that it was "after" they got there suits is that Sam would have been there instead of Fred. John, Kelly, and Sam made up a single spartan II team (and as far as we know they were the only ones there.)

• Like 1