Halo 4 Custom Loadouts for online strategy...

Flippant Sol

For those of you who think this is a rip-off another topic, you are wrong. This thread is intended to share strategies that will be born from the new custom loadouts. But these custom loadouts need to be unique, so let's see what my primary loadout will consist of:

1. Primary Weapon: Designated Marksman Rifle (w/ Custom Skin)

2. Secondary Weapon: Storm Rifle (Firepower)

3. Grenade Type: Plasma/Sticky Grenade

4. Armor Ability: Hardlight Shield

5. Tactical Package: Firepower

6. Support Upgrade: Mobility

7. Go-to Ordnance: Needler

8. Thumbstick Layout: Default

9. Button Layout: Boxer

10. Look Sensitivity: 5

Now you are probably sitting in your spinning office chair wondering, Why did you include that useless stuff on there? Because It isn't. Sensitivity of One increases Sniping ability. Sensitivity of Ten increases your Turn-around ability. Boxer increases your control with melee weapons. Needler is a choice of Nostalgia, and Stick layout is common sense. So on with my strategy.

Okay, so the DMR is for obviously, DMR duels, but what is the Storm Rifle for? Up close and personal moments. Run at someone, activate Hardlight, get up in their face and unload. And if I come short with my duels, I can always use my stickies , or mobility to get out of the way. So I wanna hear your loadout and strategy, so we can analyze this and learn for other good strategies. If I receive camping strategies, I will criticize, so yeah.

• Like 1

1. Carbine- My favorite and also good for all ranges.

2. Storm Rifle- Kills quickly, good for those close range engagements.

3. Pulse Grenade- helps with vehicles, enemies, and also seems the best.

4. Thruster Pack/Jet Pack- Thruster Pack for non-vertical maps. Jet Pack for maps it's useful on.

5. Firepower

6. Explosives- Just to help with those pesky nades.

7. Binary Rifle- One shot kill.

8. Default

9. Recon- My best layout.

10. 7

• Primary:Light Rifle
  • Secondary:BR/Carbine
  • Grenade Type:Pulse Grenade
  • Armor Ability:Promethean Vision or Hard Light shield
  • Tactical Package:Firepower
  • Support Upgrade:Mobility
  • Go To Ordnancy:Saw(If possible otherwise needler.)
  • Thumbstick Layout:Default
  • Button Layout:Bumper Jumper
  • Senstitivity:3-5

• Battle Rifle/Carbine (depends on the map)
  • Boltshot for situations that get to close and i need to get away and i can hide and blast them with it.
  • Plasma Grenade for sticking people and it has about the same AOE as a Frag grenade.
  • Armor Ability will be Thruster Pack, so i can evade danger such as: Grenades, multiple enemies or i can use it to close the distance.
  • Support Upgrade has to be Wetworks, it's the best.
  • Tactical Package would have to be explosives.
  • Go to Ordnance would be the Rockets/Inceneration Cannon.
  • Default thumbstick
  • Recon
  • 3 Sensitivity

1. Primary Weapon: Designated Marksman Rifle (with Custom Skin)
  2. Secondary Weapon: Battle Rifle (with Custom Skin)
  3. Grenade Type: Plasma/Sticky Grenade
  4. Armor Ability: Active Camouflage
  5. Tactical Package: Firepower Package
  6. Support Upgrade: Awareness
  7. Go-to Ordnance: Sniper Rifle
  8. Thumbstick Layout: Default
  9. Button Layout: Default and/or Recon
  10. Look Sensitivity: 1 and/or 2

[edit] Forgot the rest of the OP lol

The main stratergy to this is sniping. DMR for the long range shoot offs, while a Battle Rifle to take solid shots at a short/medium range if need be. The plasma grenades are for short range protection, and for vehicles only.

Active camo is obvious, to not be seen while sniping, the firepower allows me to hold the DMR and BR at the same time in one loadout. And awareness helps me snipe and watch my back.

Look sensitivity stays on 1 for Team Snipers, and games with me holding a sniper. While 2 is for SWAT. I will not go any higher than 2.

I could have sworn that Frankie said that the Ordinance Drops varied depending on the maps and gametype. We do not get to choose them. other than that,

Carbine/BR

Boltshot

Plasma Grenade or EMP

Thruster Pack

Shielding

Dexterity

(move fast, hit hard, and recharge)

• 4 weeks later...

Primary: Battle Rifle

Secondary: Plasma Pistol

Grenade: Plasma

Armour Ability: Promethean Vision

Tactical Packages: Fast track at first then Resupply once i'm a higher level.

Support upgrade: Explosives

Go to ordinance: Fuel rod

stick layout: Default

Button Layout: Recon

Look sensitivity: 5-7

Strategy: Battle rifle for the Mid-Long range battles. I used to be good be not amazing in Halo 3 with Battle rifle, then in Reach I got good with the DMR. The Halo 4 BR will be a combination of both and I plan on using it. A charged plasma pistol combined with a melee is a good surprise extreme close combat kill. Combined with Promethean vision i will be able to charge before they know i'm there then get a surprise melee. The Plasma pistol also works on vehicles to stop or slow them enough so you can sticky them, Its probably my best skill. For mid range combat the Sticky's, Plasma pistol and Battle rifle all work well.

I will use Fast track to unlock everything I want then switch to Resupply. Resupply is essential to the anti weapon and short range strategy. I'm good at sticking and with a constant supply of grenades I will be able to do severe damage. Explosives is a useful skill for everyone. i personally find this the easiest to incorporate into my style of play without having to develop any new skills.

Recon is my favourite controller layout and I have been using it for 2 years and the similar Halo 3 default for 7. My sensitivity will vary. In a larger map where I am shooting over a long distance i will have 5, on a more close combat map I will use 7.

Primary: BR

Secondary: Boltshot

Grenade: Frag

Armor Ability: Thruster Pack

Tactical Package: Mobility

Support Upgrade: Dexterity

While similar to Talgeese's loadout it plays slightly differently. The BR is for mid-range fights and is generally a good weapon. The Boltshot is for when an enemy gets too close for comfort and can be useful in many combat situations. Since this class is more suited for 1v1 fights i have frags as my grenade of choice but they can be used to send vehicles of balance if needed. Thruster Pack is imo one of the better armor abilities and can be used to avoid enemy fire and to close distance when sprint isn't enough. I chose mobility instead of shielding as it fits more into the shoot and loot (Borderlands) kind of gameplay I am looking for allowing me to have unlimited sprint unless i am shot while sprinting. Dexterity is for faster reload time and weapon switchin action :). Button layouts and sensitivity will be chosen after launch.

Primary: DMR

Secondary: Pistol

Grenade: Frag

Armor Ability: Thruster Pack

Tactical Package: Mobility

Support Upgrade: Dexterity

Look Sensitivity: 7-8

I don't see how you guys can play with such low sensitivity :P Id feel like I couldn't even aim. I also think it is easier to snipe when you can aim quicker (just my opinion obviously though)

My Strategy = Get into the fights quick and lay down consistent fire (with my faster reload) I play extremely fast paced and will use the thruster pack to compliment my playstyle by getting in and out of situations a tad quicker. Also I will use the thruster pack to strafe you fellas with 1-2 sensitivity :P. I will be that annoying player with top shots fired everygame being all over the map (quickly with mobility and in ideal places to lay out mid-longer range shots with dmr would be ideal).

if only i could decide on an armor ability.....

i'm just waiting to see which one i find to be the best for me. In reach, i always used sprint, which is now a default, so i get to pick another goodie

How to you like to play in Halo Reach and Halo 3? Fast and on offense, or are you more of an assister and defender?

• 4 months later...

Want to get easy plasma pistol kills? heres your loadout and some tips!

Tactic, tips: Play regicide (small maps, no teamates who killsteals), Tip 1: "The killsteal tactic": hunt for other players who are having a 1v1 fight after the fight pop a few shots with the PP on the winner who have no shield = easy kill Tip 2:  "The avarage tactic":  take the shield down with your primary and shoot a little more, switch fast to plasma pistol and there you have a easy kill, Tip 3: Use plasma pistol, two shots melee one shot, Kill! Tip 4: AFKs? hunt for them, learn the spawns on the maps, afks are always easy kills! but spare your ammo use Tip 3 to kill them!

primary: Automatic (I preffer using storm rifle since you dont have to reload, and it doesnt kill immidietly after the shield is down, plus it has a good range)

secondary: plasma pistol ofcourse (NEVER CHARGE IT)

grenade: Pulse grenade becouse if you run into trouble throw the nade at your enemy, their shield will be down but it wont kill them and then you can get a easy PP kill

armor ability: I used hologram since you can always fool your enemy one second or two it will give you enough time to kill and win the enemy, hologram is also a life saver if your shield is down hide and send out a hologram, then hit your enemy from the back

tactical package: Mobility, most players will run away when you have dropped their shield, you need to be able to catch them before it regenerates!

support upgrade: ordnance priority, (or ammo) you will run out of ammo pretty soon, its a good idea to hunt for power weapon commendations too

Look at my file share "how to get Plasma pistol kills gameplay", watch and learn!

gt: Sangheili 25

1. Primary: Battle Rifle

2. Secondary: Magnum

3. Grenade: Frag

4. Armour Ability: Thruster Pack

5. Tactical Package: Shielding

6. Support Upgrade: Stealth

7. Go-to Ordnance: Damage Boost

8. Thumbstick Layout: Default - Normal aiming

9. Button Layout: Bumper Jumper

10. Look Sensitivity: 7

Loadout Strategy: While I love using automatic weapons, there's no doubt that precision weapons offer quick and efficient kills.  For me the Battle Rifle offers the best of both worlds. With its three-round burst I get the feeling of an assault rifle type weapon, with the accuracy and headshot capabilities of a precision rifle. My preferred range of battle is somewhere between close and medium range, and the Battle Rifle excels in each of these. If I find myself out of ammunition or I otherwise suspect the Battle Rifle might not be the better weapon to use in a situation, I can resort to my magnum. Not only does it feature a scope and the ability to headshot an enemy, but it also has a pretty quick, and fairly accurate, ROF in close ranges. I'm completely capable of spamming that trigger and following up with a melee to finish them off.

The frag grenades, while they may seem rather traditional, I've chosen for very specific reasons. First of all they're good at bouncing, and this is especially useful if I want to either discourage someone from following me when my shields are low, or I'm trying to flush someone out of cover. This also ties into my choice of armour ability and tactical package. The Thruster Pack allows me to quickly dodge behind nearby cover when I'm under fire from an unknown enemy and need to locate their position, or if I'm in a tight spot and need to get out of there. It's also very useful for performing shortcuts around maps more easily, and even taking some that only the Thruster Pack allows for. 

With shielding I can more quickly get back into a fight after taking cover and also launch a counter assault on a pursuing enemy much more easily if they try to follow me. With my Thrusters I can more easily slip behind cover, toss a couple of frag grenades to discourage them from following me, and by the time they decide to make a push, my shields have begun to recharge and will have regenerated to a larger degree than if I were using anything other than shielding. It really does help give me a better chance in those kinds of situations. As for Stealth, it allows me to be a little more sneaky in my approach. Whenever I see someone using PV, usually my teammates are nearby, and so the guy using PV will get a more inaccurate reading on the threat level they and their team are facing up against at the moment. It's also great if I happen upon one or two guys nearby, and one activates PV. Neither player will know I'm there, and whoever comes through that doorway or lift first is in for one heck of a surprise. A quick frag toss and burst from the BR, and they're down for the count. Afterwards their teammate might try to run off, or get psyched out, giving me a slight edge if I choose to engage.

The reason I choose Damage Boost is because it offers me an incredible boost in firepower without any risk of the enemy team getting any extra power weapons. I can call it down, get a few kills, and if I die it simply vanishes. Not that I don't try to stay alive! XD I stick with the default thumbstick layout simply because that's what feels best for me. I've not tried other layouts and I have no interest in doing so. They'd probably do more harm than good for me. Ever since I tried out Bumper Jumper back in Halo 3, it's always been my go-to button layout. I love the fact that I can jump AND continue to aim, shoot, and melee without having to do some weird claw-type hand... stuff. I've tried a lot of sensitivities. When I originally played Halo 3 I stuck with 3 or 4 and I always did rather poorly. Once I bumped that up to 5, I started seeing an improvement, and so I kept bumping it higher and higher until I found the highest sensitivity that I could perform consistently well with. Six makes the game feel a tad sluggish, and eight can sometimes be too unwieldy, so seven happens to be my sweet spot.