What is your favorite armor ability so far

Ember132

I have no idea what to choose, i want to try the new ones but i want to stay with the ones from reach.

The sentry seems really helpful but do you guys no if it stays in one place or does it follow you around and also how hard is it to destroy them if you can.

How long can Promethean vision stay on?

How long can the Hardlight Shield stay on and how strong is it?

I have no idea what to choose, i want to try the new ones but i want to stay with the ones from reach.

The sentry seems really helpful but do you guys no if it stays in one place or does it follow you around and also how hard is it to destroy them if you can.

How long can Promethean vision stay on?

How long can the Hardlight Shield stay on and how strong is it?

The sentry turret stays in it's spot. It isn't that hard to destroy and only stays for about...maybe 10-20 seconds?

Promethean Vision lasts about two or three seconds. It only sees through one wall, AFAIK. Maybe the range makes it seem that way...

The Hardlight Shield stays on for about five seconds. It is meant for a quick few seconds to evaluate the situation or protect a teammate more than anything else. I'm not sure how much fore it takes, but you melee right through it and explosions go through as well. It only blocks small arms fire.

• Like 1

To be honest, Im not thrilled with any of em. 90% of the time, I just walk around and almost never use em

Hmm, if you uses sprint in Halo: Reach, this may be the case. I didn't. I was a Jet Packer. Skilled too. :lol:

Jet Pack, even with only half juice, is my favorite. Though, I don't know the most useful until launch.

I was a sprinter or a jet packer mainly sprinting for my life :scooter: But i guess we wont know whats best til it does drop but its helpful now that we get sprint automatically so im probably gonna JET unless its no good and it seems like not many maps are good for it. BUT I LOVE IT DONT GET ME WRONG

The sentry turret stays in it's spot. It isn't that hard to destroy and only stays for about...maybe 10-20 seconds?

Promethean Vision lasts about two or three seconds. It only sees through one wall, AFAIK. Maybe the range makes it seem that way...

The Hardlight Shield stays on for about five seconds. It is meant for a quick few seconds to evaluate the situation or protect a teammate more than anything else. I'm not sure how much fore it takes, but you melee right through it and explosions go through as well. It only blocks small arms fire.

hard light shield is a second shield basicly, so you have about twice the life, an idea that might be good with it is as soon as the person see you, use it and get them to waste there ammo, then engage them with a full on fight, you with full ammo them with half of it, just an idea

but personly im like the turster pack, which looks good, and dont get me wrong im a jet pack guy too, but with the turster pack you can move more horizonal faster, and dodge granades, bullets, rockets, vehicle, or get closer in a hurry for a double beat down, see my play style is im getting in your face, and im going to beat the crap out of you, so turster lets me do that, plus the nice thing about it is that you can clear gaps you couldn't with sprint alone, so you can jump and turst around verical and horizontal if you know how to use it, the game hasn't come out yet and there still teaking but for now i wants the turster paack!

I will probably use thruster pack or hardlight shield. I only ever used sprint in Reach, so adding thruster pack to it would be sweet. Hardlight shield may be nice to evaluate the situation and stop a greande in front of me etc. If anything I will just use unlimited sprint

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely not a fan of armor abilities, they lessened my enjoyment of Reach. Playing against a squad of jet packers that just dominated maps was a frustrating experiente. I'm also worried about Camo being too good. But since it's part of the game, I guess I'd probably go with Hardlight shield.