Vulture and Locust from Halo Wars must quickly be added!

Flippant Sol

As you all know, the only vehicles worth using in Halo Wars was the Vultures, a pelican with roofed heat seeking missile ports, Machine guns and missile barrages, and the Locusts, mini scarabs that shot focus beams. Since Halo 4 is right around the corner, we need to act DOUBLE FAST! so let's be general, casual forum readers and let's tell them what we think about this!

First off, I would only recommend that a vulture is a neutral vehicle placed in the middle of the area, rather than every team is flying with millions of missiles at hand. And limit Locusts like wraiths, but keep them handy. Also, Locusts need to have a secondary firing option and overheating that opens the upper canopy and makes the driver vulnerable from behind.

A must feature for the vulture is that when a player ejects from it, the vulture must auto-pilot back to the landing zone. Otherwise players will be able to use the vultures large mass as an obstruction or a bridge or whatever. Also, the vulture is a one man vehicle. Even if these aren't forgeable, they will still be fascinating to the 1st person view.

In conclusion, this would be worth the game delay. But I'm making this thread for you guys, so what do you guys feel about adding more vehicles into Halo 4? :awesome:

As you all know, the only vehicles worth using in Halo Wars was the Vultures, a pelican with roofed heat seeking missile ports, Machine guns and missile barrages, and the Locusts, mini scarabs that shot focus beams. Since Halo 4 is right around the corner, we need to act DOUBLE FAST! so let's be general, casual forum readers and let's tell them what we think about this!

First off, I would only recommend that a vulture is a neutral vehicle placed in the middle of the area, rather than every team is flying with millions of missiles at hand. And limit Locusts like wraiths, but keep them handy. Also, Locusts need to have a secondary firing option and overheating that opens the upper canopy and makes the driver vulnerable from behind.

A must feature for the vulture is that when a player ejects from it, the vulture must auto-pilot back to the landing zone. Otherwise players will be able to use the vultures large mass as an obstruction or a bridge or whatever. Also, the vulture is a one man vehicle. Even if these aren't forgeable, they will still be fascinating to the 1st person view.

In conclusion, this would be worth the game delay. But I'm making this thread for you guys, so what do you guys feel about adding more vehicles into Halo 4? :awesome:

Uhh? WTF? The Locust idea is good becuase it is a fairly balanced vechicle and applying shields to a vechicle has not yet been done. so the overcharge ability should work like this: The vechicle itself is no more stronger than a warthog, but with the shield it has the 'resistance' of a typical Wraith. Much like Spartan/Elites shields, they are vunerable to plasma based weapons. The overcharge removes the shield and the resistence in now that of a Warthog, Shots from a Wraith or Scorpion or other anti-vechicle weaponry now deal damage appropriatly. As for your Vulture concept, no matter how you do it, a vechicle like that would be plain overpowered, It should not be there. Neither Should the Pelican (Another notable reason would be you cannot put Spartans in them Halo Wars anyway).

Also many of the other vechicles in Halo Wars were useful in certain situations. The Cobras, When fully upgraded could be locked down at strategic points en masse to take out entire swarms of enemy vechicles with piercing shot, and toss a couple of Spartans in them and killing Scarabs is a piece of cake. 5 Cobras with one occupied by a Spartan will decimate groups of enemies that outnumber them 3:1 and come out virtually unscathed and wipe out a full veteranary Scarab in about 6 seconds. Use them to guard lanes that lead to bases instead of the useless base turrets or get them to cover the middle of the map and use Aircraft to fly across them, blocking the enemy to their side while you can attack their bases (Best used with Anders).

Uhh? WTF? The Locust idea is good becuase it is a fairly balanced vechicle and applying shields to a vechicle has not yet been done. so the overcharge ability should work like this: The vechicle itself is no more stronger than a warthog, but with the shield it has the 'resistance' of a typical Wraith. Much like Spartan/Elites shields, they are vunerable to plasma based weapons. The overcharge removes the shield and the resistence in now that of a Warthog, Shots from a Wraith or Scorpion or other anti-vechicle weaponry now deal damage appropriatly. As for your Vulture concept, no matter how you do it, a vechicle like that would be plain overpowered, It should not be there. Neither Should the Pelican (Another notable reason would be you cannot put Spartans in them Halo Wars anyway).

Also many of the other vechicles in Halo Wars were useful in certain situations. The Cobras, When fully upgraded could be locked down at strategic points en masse to take out entire swarms of enemy vechicles with piercing shot, and toss a couple of Spartans in them and killing Scarabs is a piece of cake. 5 Cobras with one occupied by a Spartan will decimate groups of enemies that outnumber them 3:1 and come out virtually unscathed and wipe out a full veteranary Scarab in about 6 seconds. Use them to guard lanes that lead to bases instead of the useless base turrets or get them to cover the middle of the map and use Aircraft to fly across them, blocking the enemy to their side while you can attack their bases (Best used with Anders).

Why chu hate on deh pelican? D: It's like a big flying bus. Doesn't has overpowered missiles like deh vulture.

Why chu hate on deh pelican? D: It's like a big flying bus. Doesn't has overpowered missiles like deh vulture.

I have nothing against the Pelican, and i respect that many people have coveted it's appearce in online matchmaking but if it were to be included it should be resrticted to 32v32 playlists only. And the Vulture is not a people carrier, it is not used like that, it is a full assualt aircraft. In Halo Wars Pelicans were only available to the player when transporting units in skirmish matchs as a equivelent to the leader teleporter for the Covenant.
  • Like 1

I have nothing against the Pelican, and i respect that many people have coveted it's appearce in online matchmaking but if it were to be included it should be resrticted to 32v32 playlists only. And the Vulture is not a people carrier, it is not used like that, it is a full assualt aircraft. In Halo Wars Pelicans were only available to the player when transporting units in skirmish matchs as a equivelent to the leader teleporter for the Covenant.

i agree wit chur point about overkill of deh vultures and i wasnt saying the vultures were a ppl carrier i was simply pointing out the fact that the pelicans r generally noncombatant vehicles unless they have the missile pods mounted on the wings like in halo 3, so if a pelican was added it would simply be an epic transport and a really cool movie prop >:3 i am happy to see u wants deh pelican too :D however i must disagree on 32v32 only because then ppl would rarely see it and we all have been waiting for a long time to fly a legitamate pelican that people could climb inside of and walk around in~ just hoping we all live to see that day :(

i agree wit chur point about overkill of deh vultures and i wasnt saying the vultures were a ppl carrier i was simply pointing out the fact that the pelicans r generally noncombatant vehicles unless they have the missile pods mounted on the wings like in halo 3, so if a pelican was added it would simply be an epic transport and a really cool movie prop >:3 i am happy to see u wants deh pelican too :D however i must disagree on 32v32 only because then ppl would rarely see it and we all have been waiting for a long time to fly a legitamate pelican that people could climb inside of and walk around in~ just hoping we all live to see that day :(

Fair enough. And i wasn't saying you said that it was a people carrier i was just stating it for futute viewers.

Though I like the idea of additional vehicles in the Halo MM setting, the only logical placement of the two mentioned would be in BTB. Though the Vulture and Locuct would be a nice addition, not gonna happen in H4 unless already written in the script, sorry. Halo 4's release is right around the corner so 343 is trying to get things wrapped up and work out the kinks (if any) so they can deliver an exceptional final product.

I personally look to see more advanced vehicles in H5 and 6, hopefully the addition of Forerunner vehicles but for Halo 4, I think we've seen the bulk of what will be offered and would NOT want a delay so vehicles can be added.

Hurry November 6!! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I agree with Choot'em, a delay for the pelican and culture etc to be in the game would nt be the way to go.

We already know that there are 2 more vehicles not shown yet. Frankie and BS Angel said that there are two more vehicles that will surprise everyone when Halo 4 launches. So perhaps it is the pelican in BTB, but I have a feeling it will be 2 Promethean vehicles.

• Like 1

I can honestly say that I don't see this happening. I can see it happening in Campaign, but definitely not Multiplayer. It's simply too OP. The Vulture and Locust are considered powerful even on Halo Wars, and in that game Scorpions and Wraiths are basically considered the vehicle version of cannon fodder. The Scorpion and Wraith are difficult to take out in Multiplayer, so the Locust and Vulture would be next to impossible for infantry to take out. Even if they spawned in one for each team, once one team prevails basically everyone else on the map becomes cannon fodder for the Locust/Vulture. You thought Banshee bombers were annoying? HA!

• Like 1

I can honestly say that I don't see this happening. I can see it happening in Campaign, but definitely not Multiplayer. It's simply too OP. The Vulture and Locust are considered powerful even on Halo Wars, and in that game Scorpions and Wraiths are basically considered the vehicle version of cannon fodder. The Scorpion and Wraith are difficult to take out in Multiplayer, so the Locust and Vulture would be next to impossible for infantry to take out. Even if they spawned in one for each team, once one team prevails basically everyone else on the map becomes cannon fodder for the Locust/Vulture. You thought Banshee bombers were annoying? HA!

if you read my post you would see how it could be made not OP. also scorpions are far from cannon fodder, neither are wraiths the game is perfectaly balanced, you just need to know how to use them.

Quickly be added? So you want 343 to rush something to put it into the game? Hell no, lol.

What happens when you rush someting? It turns out ****. So i don't want them to rush anything but small details. And especially not the addition of 2 new vehicles.

I agree with you but i was simply stating how the locust would be balanced and why the Vulture not should be included. But if they were to be in halo 5 and/or 6 then my balancing seems pretty good, i think. I didn't include damage output, I will do that now. They base beam (no overcharge) would be about the strength as a warthog turret. with the overcharge it would be 1.8x stronger, and the will last as long as your shiels take to drain, including damage shield drain this should be, without taking damage be 10 seconds. Also shield recharge time should take 1.8x the length of the base spartan recharge rate, simply becuase the shields are stronger, the recharge rate should be the same speed.

if you read my post you would see how it could be made not OP. also scorpions are far from cannon fodder, neither are wraiths the game is perfectaly balanced, you just need to know how to use them.

You are right, I did not read your post as I was talking directly to the OP. As for your second point, they are good at the beginning of a match, but unless you spend the time to upgrade them to their max then they are not worth it and can be taken out quite quickly by a single vulture.

Now, onto your post.

What you are talking about here basically makes the Locust useless so what would be the point in adding it?

Let me explain. The Locust's weapon is a beam of light that fires similar to that of the Focus Rifle and Scarab Gun (H2 Easter Egg). The Focus Rifle isn't known for being good against moving targets, and that's when it's fully mobile. A Locust would have inherit difficulties tracking it's targets, and would only be useful against other vehicles, unless you crank the beam up to a .5 second kill, which would turn it into a spray and pray vehicle.

Not to mention that apparently a plasma pistol overcharge would take down it's shields, making it a one shot for a tank or a two shot for rockets. Also, if you don't have the Overcharge thing there, it still makes it at least a three shot using a tank, and 3-4 shot using rockets.

That's only if the shield does not regenerate. You would have to weaken the main weapon to allow the tank enough time to fire those three-four shots before getting destroyed itself, or else the Locust becomes the primary vehicle of the map. If the Locust can take out a tank before it gets taken out, then all it would have to do is move far enough away that it won't be grenaded and wait for it's shield's to recharge.

On the other hand, due to it's massive size and lack of maneuverability, it would be taken out rather quickly by infantry using Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades, or by Rockets. You would have to make it OP to make it worthwhile to even use because of how large it is.

Not to mention that Locusts are considerably larger than Wraiths, so they would either have to be shrank down, or only available in gigantic maps.

Honestly, in a routine 8v8 BTB I don't see it working out. The only way it could be balanced is in a match with enough players that it could be a strong vehicle, but still be taken out. Perhaps in a 16v16 BTB, but I don't see Halo doing a match-up that large without dedicated servers.

I see where you're coming from but if you read a post i made just before your one iv'e just qouted i've listed how the damage output should be, and how it would work. And you have to bear in mind i was only speculating. Perhaps, due the shields, you could make the locust require 2 plasma pistol overcharges to emp it. The staight line of the beam has this advantage over the other vechicles. It would be able aim fairly acurately at range, due to the fact the beam is wider in diameter. Also you could add a small (and i mean small) AOE to the area where the beam meets a surface. Say the same AOE as the Grenade Luancher from reach. Also, by adding a little 'torgue' to the beam so it forces its targets backrads slowly to keep anys from getting close enougth to stick it from the front. Also, your point about the scorpian deafting it easily would rely on a drivers skill, and knowing not to use overcharge when staring down a scorpion or wraith. and as i said the shiels would be susceptible to plasma, covenent weapons, so it could me made to be very slightly more resistent to the scorpion blast.

Sorry about the quote part, the quoting was messing about. so i had to scrap it.

Its beam would not be an unfair advantage, just a way to keep itself away from other, vechicular threats.

• 3 weeks later...