Can someone give me some DMR tips?

dawgz59

I was good with the BR in Halo 3, but i SUCK with the DMR. I thought that once I figured out the bloom things would get better, but they haven't. In Halo 3 I never had to zoom in to kill people from long distance, but I can't do it in Reach, yet I go to the theater and watch myself get killed over and over again from long distance and the other guy isn't zooming in. Does anyone have any tips to help me out? It would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

4 shots to the body, 1 to the head. I think this is the correct combination.... I can come out alive from DMR duals easily, sometimes against 3 other people. You just need to practice staefing and shooting at the body and head.

If you cant use the DMR, the Needle Rifle is always helpfull, Quicker fireing, Bigger clip, And only a few extra rounds to take down a sheild. and once the shield is down its a garentied 3 more hits till he is dead.

WELL I never liked the DMR but it just takes some getting used to. Ill just give u some stuff I know

1. Make sure you have a good line of fire (reticule on the enemy)

2. When shooting an enemy, shoot them in the chest and when their shield is down go for the headshot.

3. Shoot faster so you can get more shots before bloon sets in and if really close, just go in for a melee.

4. I use the when trying to kill at long distance. But when you crouch it reduces bloom by alot and it really makes a difference.

5. When fighting never reload it, just switch to you secondary if needed.

6. Im sure if most people do this but the moving side to side thing and jumping is still a good way to dodge enemy fire and get shots in to them while closer up.

I hope some of this is useful for you :)

Just keep a steady hand while combining strafing and jumping, but also steady hand on your reticle thumb too. But most importantly, pace yourself. More times than I can count I've killed people with 5 shots when they take about a whole clip. Don't take too long, but if you fire at a steady pace, your bloom will never get too big and you'll do fine. After you drop their shields, if you got some shields left, really take your time and just get that headshot. I play quite a bit of swat and BTB so I'm pretty familiar with a DMR.

• 3 weeks later...

I had trouble with the DMR when I first started. But like the person above me, I play mostly Swat. And Swat is what made me get better. I don't even notice the bloom. When I first started play Swat, I hated it. But my husband and his friends all wanted to play it. Then I discovered this neat little trick right in the settings. I decided to try my luck with auto centering. Its great for learning to get head shots. Once I got that one, I was doing so much better. Then a couple weeks later, I realized something about the auto centering. Its almost perfectly aligned with the wall liner. Or whatever you want to call it. And its almost on all the maps except for forge made maps. So I took off the auto centering and tested it out, at first it was hard, because I was swinging around too fast compared to what I was. But soon after that, I got the hang of it. So now when I go into a normal slayer game, its not so hard to get head shots. :)

I have no idea why people are saying body shots, when that is the worst way of learning. When firing at the body and you quickly go to aim at the head, you can either be too late in the aim or miss it entirely. You should always be aiming at the head with any single firing rifles/handguns.

As SEC Archangel and Zelda said above me, play SWAT, and play it a lot. It significantly improves you head shot aim and efficiency of shooting, that is, not wasting shots. When in voting, don't pick magnums, as that's a waste of a game, though that can help with head shots, but you want to play with the DMR not that.

When voting in matchmaking for a map, try picking either Countdown or Sword Base. Countdown has many close quarter areas that put you under the pump, which can make some players panic and not aim well, if you get this under control, aiming will not be a problem. As for sword base, there are many long sited areas, so that improves long range accuracy.

When you get your aim sorted out, you should be very well prepared for the other playlists, while being very good, and able to take down a lot of enemies.

• Like 1