Shotgun in War Games loadouts?

Stealth Pilot

How are the damage levels between the Scattershot and Shotgun?

I.E what sets them apart?

I think the scattershot is more accurate but thats just my opinion.

well from what we have seen, the scattershot rounds seem to bounce off of nearby objects and it also looks to be semi auto. I think the faster rate of fire will make it more of a threat compared to the shotgun, but i think it looks less accurate

as confirmed months ago you cant spawn with any power weapons such as snipers rockets or swords.

yep, no big power weapons....but maybe the sword. In halo reach invasion, there were loadouts that spawned with a shot or a sword so i think it could be possible. But we havent seen the shotgun in any ordinance drops yet, so it will probably be unlockable

The gametype was named YOLO = You Only Live Once. it was a custome game. it wont be in War games. and yest its still a power weapon just watch the 8 sec video on it. its made for people who want to create gametypes or play shotty and snipe with your friends

• Like 1

The gametype was named YOLO = You Only Live Once. it was a custome game. it wont be in War games. and yest its still a power weapon just watch the 8 sec video on it. its made for people who want to create gametypes or play shotty and snipe with your friends

hopefully it is. I don't want shotgun spammers.

Maybe there was a game-type named YOLO that had shotguns in it but I don't think that is what is being debated. You can still add the shotgun as your primary weapon in the load-out creator. That means it is in other game-types (regular slayer) too.

Maybe there was a game-type named YOLO that had shotguns in it but I don't think that is what is being debated. You can still add the shotgun as your primary weapon in the load-out creator. That means it is in other game-types (regular slayer) too.

Yes in custom games. not in war games. if you want to play slayer in customs you can now start with any weapon you want like the shot gun. or play shotty snipes. and not to metnion it was from a early build because if you the AA meter is still the long line not the circle

Well seeing as Frankie said that as you level up you unlock other weapons, perks, packages, armor skins, weapon skins etc. I could see the shotgun being unlocked at a much later level to be included in the load outs. However, if they make it so that rocket launcher, sniper rifle etc. can also be unlocked as you level up than Halo 4 will have more aspects of Call of Duty than I was hoping for. If everyone can eventually start with RL, Sniper, Shotgun, power weapons in general, than the game will be unbalanced in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

I agree, I think that it will play the same role it has in previous games, with the exception of certain gametypes.

Well espcially seeing as the Needler is now considered a power weapon and only comes down in drops/ordinance, the shotgun will also be the case. Not only that, but a full list of what can be in your loadouts was released a while ago and the shotguns were not on there lol

I personally am excited for this. It will be hard to accomplish right away, but with a lot of tweaking and minor edits, 343i can make the matchmaking games feel a lot more fast paced than they were before by adding these weapons. Shotguns also have a downside with Promethean vision. There will not be as much camping as there was before with this new way to detect others.