Halo: Reach Ending Linked With Reclaimer Trilogy?

Forerunner Reclaimer

WARNING! (Halo: Reach Spoiler! For those who havn't played it)

So I had this thought the other day while playing the reach campaign, and at the end of the Halo: Reach we see a spartan's helment (your spartan's helment) in the ground. While the camera zooms out we see at the bottom of the screen "Planet Reach, July 7 2589" with a type of UNSC/Forerunner ship with blue lights. Also Dr. Halsey says that with noble six's courage "we can rebuild", so with the date that we are given in Halo 4 which takes place in 2557, the UNSC/Forerunner ship seen in the end and Dr. Halsey's words.. do you guys think that maybe the end of the Reclaimer Trilogy will have something to do with Forerunners or Humans going back to reach to give life to the planet and everything ending in peace? Maybe even the UNSC Infinity going to reach? (If it survives during Halo 5 and 6)

Please leave your thoughts and comments on what you think! If you are confused on what I tried to explain please tell me! :)

We already know that the infinity will be alive for the begining of halo 5 because they use it in spartan ops which takes place 6 months after the campaign and it is very unlikely that they would kill it in spartan ops because then MP would technically be uncannonicallisherish (that is a new word)

That ship is not the Infinity because they don't look anything like each other. But yeah, I could see that ship appearing at the end of Halo 6. The ending also confirms that Halsey survives the events of the reclaimer trilogy, and the kilo-five trilogy

• Like 1

That ship is not the Infinity because they don't look anything like each other. But yeah, I could see that ship appearing at the end of Halo 6. The ending also confirms that Halsey survives the events of the reclaimer trilogy, and the kilo-five trilogy

An appearence of Dr. Halsey in the trilogy? That would be very exciting to see...

• Like 1

how come the reach date is later than the halo 4 date if reach was first?

That date that appears at the end of the game is after the halo 4 a couple years ahead actually... and yes Reach did take place before Halo 4, before Halo CE.. that date that appears in the end of the game maybe just gives us a hint about something thats coming up in the trilogy (the whole point of this topic) or maybe just to show how reach changed after it got glassed. But im thinking more of that it gives us a hint about something ;)

maybe it will have something to do with spartan ops. The first season takes place like 4 months after the halo 4 ending, but maybe season 2 will involve making a return to reach or something

You have a good ideia there but think about it, spartan ops is actually 6 months after the halo 4 ending so it might take place in the year 2558 or maybe goes till 2559 we never know cause it is a war that they are going into at the end of halo 4 they already gave us that. So maybe this ship we see in Reach might be linked with halo 5 or 6, maybe they'll continue spartan ops in the future games like u said they will be connected in some way.. who knows ;)

It an ok theory, but i doubt the Forerunners are helping humanity, more likely the Elites give reach back to Earth. Allowing them too rebuild a joint UNSC/Elite group or something.........

Howcome you think the Forerunners won't help humanity? I thought that Forerunners and humans had like a huge relationship.. aha

wait wait wait!! hold up everything!! :excl:

bungie made the end of halo reach. They probably had no idea that 343 industries would take over halo and make any sort of sequel. I dont think they would end up connecting in any way because the two companies wouldnt have communicated when making the ending for halo reach. Its possible that 343 could base some of their story off of where bungie ended, but its not that likely

I think the ship would just appear at the end of Halo 6, just as a kind of Easter egg towards bungie, but I don't think it'll be significant to the story of the trilogy. And they confirmed that the players will be getting to go to war AROUND the ending.

>If Halsey appears in the Reclaimer Trilogy, DAYUM she would be old...

>As for the Reach cutscene, imagine a really old John (since it's 2589) walking in the peaceful planes of Reach, and he goes to visit maybe Dr. Halsey's grave, then he meets up with Lasky (Who I think will play a very important role as a substitue for Johnson) IDK. Halo 6 should have a very emotional ending...

• Like 1

wait wait wait!! hold up everything!! :excl:

bungie made the end of halo reach. They probably had no idea that 343 industries would take over halo and make any sort of sequel. I dont think they would end up connecting in any way because the two companies wouldnt have communicated when making the ending for halo reach. Its possible that 343 could base some of their story off of where bungie ended, but its not that likely

Well 343 industries is basically made up of ex. Bungie workers so they probably set this all up.. they know what they are doing ;)

>As for the Reach cutscene, imagine a really old John (since it's 2589) walking in the peaceful planes of Reach, and he goes to visit maybe Dr. Halsey's grave, then he meets up with Lasky (Who I think will play a very important role as a substitue for Johnson) IDK. Halo 6 should have a very emotional ending...

I like your train of thoughts there... and yes it probably will have a very emotional ending!

Bungie wouldn't hold anything back,they would have handed all material over that wasn't theirs and i don't think a company will resort to childishness,if anything i think they would have been glad to free themselves rather than be locked under MS's iron hand.

I don't think halsey can appear in the games, parangosky effectively makes her disappear in glasslands,which isn't my favorite book,halsey did what she thought she had to do and it just so happens that it was at the right time for the covie war.

I thought when a planet gets glassed it also boils off the atmosphere,i'm sure i read that somewhere in the books?

I think the Forerunner ship in Reach's ending has nothing to do with the mainline aspects of the Reclaimer trilogy. Humans gathered Forerunner technology for many projects, which could have lagged if it weren't for ONI's acquisition of the technology. It'd be pretty daft to leave such monumental hints towards an outcome. Halsey being alive at that time period was absolutely enough already.

Well Halsey was alive during 2589 because she was giving the euology then.

How do you guys come up with such brilliant theories..Dangit. It makes me want to sit on the forums and just think for hours on end.

Beautiful theories that consist of facts and great speculations. But as everyone has said. Halsey would be really old and same with any spartan (john). So that likelihood is very thin with reach and the new halo trilogy tieing together.

• Like 1

How do you guys come up with such brilliant theories..Dangit. It makes me want to sit on the forums and just think for hours on end.

Beautiful theories that consist of facts and great speculations. But as everyone has said. Halsey would be really old and same with any spartan (john). So that likelihood is very thin with reach and the new halo trilogy tieing together.

Well for now all we know is that Halsey is alive in 2589, 37 years after the events of Reach, and that Reach has been terraformed to be sustainable for life again. I was thinking that maybe by the end of the reclaimer trilogy that the forerunners hidden in shield worlds would come out and repopulate and share their knowledge with humanity, which would explain how the planet was terraformed. As for the ending of reach relating to the reclaimer trilogy, I think that it might appear as a sort of Easter egg, or similar to Edward Bucks appearance in Halo Reach. But besides that I find it possible that Halsey couldve spent lots of time in cryo sleep in thse 37 years.
  • Like 1