Halo 4: Why Are Elites Enemies Again?

iahmed786

I can't help being annoyed as to why in halo 4, the Elites are enemies again. Trailers, talks, screen-shots. Why? Of course halo 4 is set 4 years after halo 3 ends. In between that time, the Human v Covenant war was over but the Elite v Covenant war began. The Elites were losing in troops and vehicles because the Covenant had all the forerunner technology and still believed in 'The Great Journey' but with their leadership screwed up even more caused the Brutes to fight among themselves, giving the Elites the upper hand. But that still doesn't help explain why the Elites are your enemies in halo 4!

I strongly believe some kept their truce with the humans Because look at this:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Return

It's about a ship master roaming around the planet of Kholo that was glassed in 2539, but he is roaming on it in 2559 just 6 years after halo 3, that's just 2 years after halo 4 itself! And he's trying to find a sign of hope or purpose feeling guilty for what he had done and... well you'll find out soon enough.

(Yes he is still against the covenant and aids a human in the end)

And if you still don't understand his story. Then why not watch it?

It comes in 2 parts but some people divided it into 4 parts:

I used to use 2 YouTube videos but I found the full on halo Waypoint on 23/08/2012:

https://halo.xbox.co...d0-a64f69570dbf

• Like 2

No, they talked about this at ComiCon. It is because the Covenant in this game are not in contact with the Covenant in the other parts of the universe. Basically, most Covenant know the war is over, some have no idea. Sounds lame but that's just how it is.

• Like 1

No, they talked about this at ComiCon. It is because the Covenant in this game are not in contact with the Covenant in the other parts of the universe. Basically, most Covenant know the war is over, some have no idea. Sounds lame but that's just how it is.

Actually it could make sense. These Elites would have been in Deep Space, so communication would have been very hard.

• Like 1

In the Halo 4 GameInformer reveal, and several other times, it was stated that these are "rogue" elites. If you notice, they aren't as scary looking as other elites, and not as muscular. Also, if you had read Karen Travis' Halo: Glasslands, you would know that a large, large majority of elites don't trust the humans, and don't want to ally with them. The Arbiter is who keeps the truce, yet many elites are not recognizing his authority. Also, you fail to notice in Halo 3 that even though there was a truce, they were still hostile to each other, the Arbiter being the only one wanting a truce. If you want a specific example of that, the Shipmaster and Admiral Hood bicker over the glassing of Africa to stop the flood, to which the Shipmaster remarks along the lines, "were it not for the Arbiter I would have glassed your entire planet". Sounds friendly right? They allied because they had a common goal and both couldn't win on their own, not because they were friends. After years and years and years of killing each other, with elites leading the slaughter of humans, neither of them are going to just forgive and forget.

• Like 3

In the Halo 4 GameInformer reveal, and several other times, it was stated that these are "rogue" elites. If you notice, they aren't as scary looking as other elites, and not as muscular. Also, if you had read Karen Travis' Halo: Glasslands, you would know that a large, large majority of elites don't trust the humans, and don't want to ally with them. The Arbiter is who keeps the truce, yet many elites are not recognizing his authority. Also, you fail to notice in Halo 3 that even though there was a truce, they were still hostile to each other, the Arbiter being the only one wanting a truce. If you want a specific example of that, the Shipmaster and Admiral Hood bicker over the glassing of Africa to stop the flood, to which the Shipmaster remarks along the lines, "were it not for the Arbiter I would have glassed your entire planet". Sounds friendly right? They allied because they had a common goal and both couldn't win on their own, not because they were friends. After years and years and years of killing each other, with elites leading the slaughter of humans, neither of them are going to just forgive and forget.

True, but these Elites look scarier then Covenant elites, i believe because they are "rougue" like you said, so they are less organised then main Elite forces.

lol, this topic got posted and posted again so much...that they pinned it to show everybody...so yea...basically...in the latest halo books...if you read them, you should know that the humans are trying to cause a civil war between the elites...and obviously the freind of my enemy is also my enemy... ;)

But why did they attack the FUD? How did they know the Chief was onboard?

Or did they just stumble onto him?

Its my belief that this is a splinter group that still follow the prophets teachings and found the location to Requiem, and only found the Master Chief by accident while trying to gain access to the Shield World.

• Like 1

If you all remember correctly, not all elites chose to fight against the prophets. There is a mission in Halo 3 where you fight elites as elites. The elites in halo 4 are likely from the same group that still follow the prophets.

If you all remember correctly, not all elites chose to fight against the prophets. There is a mission in Halo 3 where you fight elites as elites. The elites in halo 4 are likely from the same group that still follow the prophets.

The elites that you are fighting in Halo 4 call themselves the "Servents of the Abiding Truth"(read halo: glasslands) and still belive that the forerunners were gods and that humanity should be destroyed in their name. The Elites that are loyal to the Arbiter are the ones that respect the peace treaty and are fighting the Abiding Truth. The Abiding Truth came into power during the Great Schism (Elites vs. Prophets vs. Brutes) which occured almost imediatly after the Human/Covenant war. Hope that helps clears some things up for ya :yes

The elites that you are fighting in Halo 4 call themselves the "Servents of the Abiding Truth"(read halo: glasslands) and still belive that the forerunners were gods and that humanity should be destroyed in their name. The Elites that are loyal to the Arbiter are the ones that respect the peace treaty and are fighting the Abiding Truth. The Abiding Truth came into power during the Great Schism (Elites vs. Prophets vs. Brutes) which occured almost imediatly after the Human/Covenant war. Hope that helps clears some things up for ya :yes

You're partially correct. The servants of the abiding truth have been around for a long time. They were never really part of the Covenant, however, as they saw the reverse engineering of Forerunner tech the san'shyumm did to be blasphemous. It was only after the Great schism, with the help of ONI and Ex-Covenant members, were the servants able to acquire ships for a fleet. The servants of the abiding truth are the "Covenant" enemies seen in trailers. Unngoy and Kig'Yar were either employed or enslaved to be in this group and there could even be Jiralhanae at some point, since a small group of them have remained loyal to the sangheili. How they found Requiem is as of yet, unknown.