Donut's 1 Year Site Birthday - Thoughts

Donut

It has been 1 full year on this site for me. I will now like to share some thoughts about the forum and shoutouts to some members.

July 26th, 2011. The day I joined. I have to say, when I first joined and posted in the Shoutbox, I was a little lost. The very first person that I met was Vitamin PWN, who showed me around and I got to meet a lot of people. I felt that the forums were a place to post your own opinions and chat with others. The site continued to grow and I felt awesome to be a part of this extraordinary community forum.

This site deals with a lot of things. Trolls, double/triple posts, fights in the shoutbox, goodbyes. But the amazing members and moderators always find a solution. So after getting to know people and getting used to the members, I decided to stay. 343 Industries Community Forum is an amazing place to be in.

Throughout the year, the Moderators and Admin added lots of new and exciting things to the forum. The cool-looking Space skin, Awards, File-Share, the 'Like' system, Achievements, the 'Member of the Month' system, our own YouTube channel, Facebook and Twitter! The forum keeps on growing and growing, and I am really happy for that.

I didn't like the fact that a lot of people were leaving. (Absolute Dog, Fire and Spectral Jester). But once Absolute Dog and Fire came back I was elated. Spectral Jester pops in from time to time but it just isn't the same...

I will now like to shoutout a couple members who have always been there and always stood out in the forums.

Absolute Dog: The big dog of the forums. He isn't just a moderator, he is a true friend. He always likes to swing his banhammer around whenever he spots a troll. We were all depressed when you left, but I hope you continue to be the hell of a moderator you are AD! Now, go fetch that bone! :dog:

Twam: You are the king of the forum. I know you do so much to keep this forum clean and better everyday, so keep doing that! You are the only Administrator of the community, so I hope you continue to 'administrate.' If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be making this thread. Thank you for making this amazing, one of a kind forum! :awesome:

Choot 'Em: Always calm and always there. Choot em is the more-than-relaxed-member of the forums and has a wide sense of humor. He always knows how to make me laugh and everyone around him. Choot, I know you had a baby that came just a few months ago, so raise her with calmness and happiness so she can turn out just like you!! :good:

Ms. Mystic: She is a true friend, always on the move and always reporting trolls. Mystic, you are a real friend, a true forum defender and you really know your Halo and what it's about. Beware: She can kick your arse at a 1v1! ;)

Spectral Jester: SJ, you are one of the most unique members I know. You're not a moderator anymore, but you're still a huge part of the forums. I still have not played with you on Xbox yet, but I would love to. I hope you return as a full moderator soon and/or continue to post regularly. You have helped me throughout the year with lots of things, and I am grateful for that. Jester, you are a true friend, don't ever forget that. You have a special place in my heart. :heart:

Vitamin PWN: The very first person I met on the forums. You have helped me through a lot the first couple of days that I joined. You're a funny guy VP, and it was always a blast playing with you in Halo 3: Big Team Battle. Keep on being awesome and remember to keep pwning!

Zaguroth: A great friend. Zag, you have helped me out a lot over the past year. Machinimas, map testing, voice acting, and always being there for me. You are a true friend to me Zag, I hope you will always stick around. I know you go through a lot, but I just want to thank you for helping me. :yay:

x5had0wxMa9numx: "You were my first friend on this site." Oh was I? Well you are another true friend. I know that you have one crazy mind, that is mostly covered in Spiderman pictures, and that you are a true Halo player. I've looked at your recently played games, you are a true, legendary Halo player my friend. Thank you for helping me with Machinimas, maps and always having a blast when you are around!

Everyone: Thank you for making this forum what it is. You all make this site go round, whether you are a troll, spammer or regular member, you make this site keep going strong!!

College... those of you that haven't seen my 'About Me' page, well, I am leaving soon to college. I am currently working, trying to save up enough money for me to buy a laptop so I can stay connected to all of you. I hope you all can respect that. Over these past 12 months, this site has brought me many things. Kindness from members, respect, courage and lots of, love..? This forum is a unique site, full of amazing and thoughtful members. But you know, we aren't just a community forum. Ha. We are much, much more than that, we are a family! Thank you all for letting me share 365 days worth of awesomeness with you! :thumbsup:

• Like 6

Happy 343ICF Birthday Donut! You have always kept that shout box rolling. I miss seeing you in there as much as you used to be. I have always enjoyed your friendship here and hope to see you when you are in college. I wish the best for you in school and hope you will always find the time to drop in and say hi.

• Like 2

Happy forum birthday donut! i remember when you joined the forums it seems like just yesterday, i was boasting that i remembered the bbcode for most of the smilies,i also remember all your name changes you went through before you finally stuck with donut, lol good times. you are a great member and one of the funniest here, im glad to call you friend. i wish you well and hope you do good in college, i hope you can drop in time to time to check up on us.

• Like 2

Congratz on making an entire year Donut!! You will always be THE shoutbox king! How you could actually play Halo and type in the shoutbox simultaneously is beyond me, lmao. I wish you the best of luck in college and am very glad you will continue to frequent the forums.

Thank you for the kind words. In return, I give you these.....

"The Donut is a symbol of eternity....no beginning....no ending....(unless you take a big bite, lmao)....and forever rolling in the glaze!"

To many more Donut!

- Choot :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Congratulations on hitting a year long membership Donut. I am glad that you have been a member, even when times got tough. I do hope that you have a good year again. We'll all be waiting the big number 2

• Like 1

Happy birthday bro, you are literally the funkiest guy i know. I just want to know if we're going to have another year. And when i finally hit that age i'd like some of you to join in a few shots.....in honor of DONUT, our groovy pastry! I'm really glad you hit your year. IDK what else to say but you are...a bigger brother to me. Now i must dance of a thousand dances. FOR THE ONE AND ONLY DONUT!!!

I hope you have one heck of a time in college. Good luck and don't forget us!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I think there should be an award for being an active member for a year.

There used to be.

Well done Donut! I'm sure the forum wouldn't be the same if you weren't here! I remember when I used to ask you to render out all those clips for me, and you were always happy to help!

You're a great member, so keep going :)

• Like 1