Will we have a new noob problem?

Victory Element

there have been some things that have made gameplay "noobish" in the halo games. two examples: armor lock, and weapon camping. But my concern is a bit different. With the custom loadouts, we have two options for secondary weapons: magnum and plasma pistol (considering you dont have the firerpower perk). i have a feeling that having such easy access to the plasma pistol with cause "a new breed of noobs". imagine players just camping behind corners with plasma pistols charged waiting for an EMP and quick melee......ALL THE TIME. its a simple way to get kills, but i dont want this to get taken advantage of by certain players. Promethean vision may be a counter to these people hiding around every corner, but that may not be the prefered armor ability for a lot of people. Even if you had promethean vision, you would be getting EMPed every 10 seconds and finished of with a melee or headshot. If players treat the plasma pistol's EMP appropriately, things will be the way they always have been. I'm just concerned about how the simple access to plasma pistols will affect the gameplay

• Like 7

plasma pistol noobish? well thats the first time ive heard that... and have almost never seen anybody camp with a pp, so i do not see this as a problem. And this is also just i close quarters you can use the EMP melee technique, so its not really noobish right?

• Like 1

I dont think it will be bring "new noobs" since plasma pistol has been around for a long time and people have always had the oppurtunity to just came out corners with the plasma pistol charged but not many people have done that. I havent had that much of a problem with it at all since it has been in muiltiplayer so i dont see why now it would be any different. I do see the old noob combo " BR and plasma pistol" to be a problem again :l

The pp won't be anywhere close to a problem unless they up'd the homing aspect of it closer to what it was in halo 2, and even then people shouldn't have a problem with it.

A) You can hear people charging it

B) It most likely glows, which would give them away if they're around a corner

C) It's not that hard to fight someone using a combo

Yes the BR/PP loadout will probably be used quite a lot, but nothing to be worried about.

Lemme think about something....

What is the plasma pistol actually good for?

Answer;

1. EMP vehicles

2. EMP shields for headshots or melee.

Thats the only things that it can do, saying its noobish to do the limited things it can do is a stupid thing to say. Taking that ability away is leaving you with only vehicle disabling. And wtf are you meant to do on an infantry only map then? Its also like saying its noobish to use the scope for the sniper, cause everybody knows thats a nooby thing to do, right? Yeah, of course. /sarcasm

• Like 2

I have to agree with the OP. The 'noob combo' PP/BR or DMR is not so much of an issue in Reach, but with such easy access to both, it may become an issue in Halo 4. The only thing I can think of is increasing how fast the PP drains energy while charging, so a player cant camp and charge for long periods. But this could still pose a problem as the return of the noob comboc

I have to agree with the OP. The 'noob combo' PP/BR or DMR is not so much of an issue in Reach, but with such easy access to both, it may become an issue in Halo 4. The only thing I can think of is increasing how fast the PP drains energy while charging, so a player cant camp and charge for long periods. But this could still pose a problem as the return of the noob comboc

this was kinda the point. The noob combo didnt cause problems in reach nad H3 because the plasma pistols are limited if they are even on a map. But if everyone can use the pp as a starting secondary, i think it will be taken advantage of by many. Even if your opponents arent camping behind corners, the quick emp-headshot will sstill be very frustrating if it goes on the whole game

Play invasion or Elite Slayer. It gets very common the more you play it. I think 343 will make it drain more while overcharging it. The whole reason Bungie made it drain power in Halo 3 was because of complaints in the past about it. Now, they can update the game to tweak it if they need to.

SO glad Armor lock is gone. I got 27 kills taken from me by it in one hour alone.

I think the PP needs to drain faster while charging to balance this issue out.

I too am glad that armor lock is gone, it was an abused AA. I also think that Jet Pack needs to be removed. Halo mp played just fine without the ability to fly to ridiculous spots on a map. The inclusion of sprint makes sense, the inculsion of thruster also makes sense, speed boost to a point but not let the overall flow of the map be altered. The inclusion of hardlight shield and vision etc. do not physically change the flow of the map. Jet Pack is just as bad as armor lock in my opinion.

Play invasion or Elite Slayer. It gets very common the more you play it. I think 343 will make it drain more while overcharging it. The whole reason Bungie made it drain power in Halo 3 was because of complaints in the past about it. Now, they can update the game to tweak it if they need to.

SO glad Armor lock is gone. I got 27 kills taken from me by it in one hour alone.

i like how you keep count :thumbsup:

You're obviously a newb to Online Halo. Since Halo 2, using the BR and PP is called "the noob combo". I share your concern OP.

newb to online halo? noo i have been playing halo since CE.

Plasma pistol is a plasma weapon so the shots doesnt go really fast, which means the BR PP combo is almost only used at CQB. And thats why i think its not really OP. But anyways, i have read all the comments here, and almost everybody see this as a problem, so i came up with a solution. The EMP shots have always followed their targets a bit, maybe if this were removed it would be harder to hit the opponent which would maybe mean less players would use this technique. (but it would still follow vehicles).

But draining the pp down as they did in halo 3 wouldnt solve this problem, it was ridiculously underpowered there (36 shots to kill).

• Like 1

Yes. I reckon that we will. I'm a little concerned with getting the Plasma Pistol right out of the spawn as well too. It is a very, VERY undervalued yet powerful weapon. The ability to stun vehicles and Completely remove shields makes it very valuable in dispatching all types of enemies.

I think one of the solutions that people were discussing in my old thread was that the EMP would be weaker, shorter, and possibly would fail every couple times. That would make it effective in a variety of strategies while not being overwhelmingly useful.

Very good thread. Liked for spawning a well thought out discussion :)

• Like 2

Yes. I reckon that we will. I'm a little concerned with getting the Plasma Pistol right out of the spawn as well too. It is a very, VERY undervalued yet powerful weapon. The ability to stun vehicles and Completely remove shields makes it very valuable in dispatching all types of enemies.

I think one of the solutions that people were discussing in my old thread was that the EMP would be weaker, shorter, and possibly would fail every couple times. That would make it effective in a variety of strategies while not being overwhelmingly useful.

Very good thread. Liked for spawning a well thought out discussion :)

You sir, have made the best post in this thread! :lol:

If what you say is true, I can live with a few pp noobs this time around!