Will we have a new noob problem?

Victory Element

What about those who lack skill?

It's going to be like cod, the ONLY way to have fun is to do good..

Or more specifically the higher levels will quite literally kill matchmaking for the lower levels/ ye who has no skill.

How so? The higher levels will barely gain an advantage over the lower levels. Unlike CoD, where you have several advantages over the level previous to you. As it's been said before, everything in Halo 4 has a counter to it. Trust me, and the guys at MLG and RTX who played it, it's as balanced as a modern FPS can get. Specializations just add a bit more customization to the mix. Having two "abilities" honestly doesn't do very much in the grand scheme of things.

Promethean vision and jetpack? Good luck with that, considering Promethean vision has a limited range. I could go on, but I don't want this to be TL;DR. Point is, somethings will work better than others, and that's how Halo's been since CE.

I think your mistaking "noobness" for bad game mechanics. AL sucked because it slowed down game play and more less was just a cheap way to avoid explosions/beatdowns. As far as pp goes, lets keep in mind.. halo 2's plasma pistol had ridiculous tracking, and any mlg fan from halo 2 should remember walshy double shotting the crap out of falicy mid sanctuary while falicy full shield went at him with charged pp.

actually this video 4 minutes in, a good watch (^.^)

http://youtu.be/6JoAQOiqKRg

your going to run into kids who camp and act like little idiots and take advantage of corners and stuff but just be the better player and find a way around it. Halo has always been a game that rewards aggressiveness, even more so aggressive team work. Your worried about close quarters combat with the plasma pistol but the emp would more then likely effect you if your to close, and the same camping around corners can be done with sword, shotgun, camo, rockets, really theres a list. Either way its not something I would stress over, halo is about balance and once you kinda grasp how powerful each weapon is you learn to play that version of halo and life moves on. 343 is going to have plenty of options for us to customize stuff I'm sure and any major issues would just be patched.

-Edited for language by moderator. No swearing/hate speech please.-

I doubt it would be a concern as it can be countered simply by a grenade and headshot or just simply out-shooting the player and more as well as the fact I only encountered the issue on Halo 2. The main problem for me is Promethean Vision... I don't camp but how am I surposed to be stealthy with everyone knowing where I am?

:shuriken:

Well this is what I see here.

You want to remove one of the PP's FEW functions.

- Vehcile disabling

- Deshielding

So after its Deshielding function is nerfed the already weakest weapon in the game becomes EVEN weaker, no dice, don't like it?

Be aware of your surroundings.

Sick of being emp-meleed?

Your own fault for not watching out for it.

Promethean vision only sees through one wall and is only a quick glance now.

The Plasma Pistol has always been powerful. Use it like a magnum for deadly results. It is being tweaked so that corner camping with a pp is only going to make you run out of charge before you can use it. It drains even faster in Halo 4 from what I have seen.

There is nothing to worry about. And please, remember they can patch it.

@Ryu: I could have sworn they said that PV has a distance restriction now, not a barrier restriction. So if the PV can see 20 feet and there are 2 walls behind each other, it can see through both. But if there is a wall 20+ feet away, PV can not seen through it just the ones within its range.