Gravity Zone Ideas

So in the new Halo 4 forge video we saw a player drive a mongoose through several blue fields that seemed to have a significant effect on the gravity of the area. I believe that it is safe to say that we will be getting different zones to alter gravity with on our maps. The unlimited possibilities that this will open up for casual maps and competetive maps is amazing.

- Spartan Tetris

- Spartan Bowling

- Obstacle Courses

- elevators

- UT3 remake of Demios

- Underwater swimming

- launch grenades back at enemies when they fall below map

I could go on forever. What do you guys think that you will be doing with this new feature to Halo 4 forge?

• Like 2

Here are my ideas:

-Build like some sort of UNSC Zero gravity training room or something like that!

-Maybe build a planet or something with a gravitational field!

-Walmart on the moon! lol

-If we put a negative gravity field in the water we could make it seem like we're floating on the water!

-Zero Gravity Grifball

:)

• Like 1

That would be really cool to build a map on the surface of a sphere and then use gravity zones to attract the players to it. I could see some epic maps being made just for this even though I'm fairly sure that the physics options would not allow it to be done right.

I like that idea. I hope it can be done.

• 1 month later...

That would be really cool to build a map on the surface of a sphere and then use gravity zones to attract the players to it. I could see some epic maps being made just for this even though I'm fairly sure that the physics options would not allow it to be done right.

if you can do that, then maybe you can finally make a big loop for race gametypes :D

For me Im going to resurrect the idea that I had in Reach for infection where there are zombies (Or aliens) on a ship and the ship is starting to break appart causing for some zero gravity areas. Now I can have zero gravity areas instead of the original idea to put a grav-lift on the side of a wall to shoot someone out into space if they got too close.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my ideas:

-Build like some sort of UNSC Zero gravity training room or something like that!

-Maybe build a planet or something with a gravitational field!

-Walmart on the moon! lol

-If we put a negative gravity field in the water we could make it seem like we're floating on the water!

-Zero Gravity Grifball

:)

Walmart on the moon! Awesome. I like that my fine sir! :awesome:

• 4 weeks later...

i think it would be cool if you made an infection gametype where everyone is in a big open room, then you have gravity fields all over the place that drag players in different directions. this way you could be running away from the infected when all of a sudden they get pulled the opposite way and you run away freely

I think this could be awesome if a spaceship map was made with a hangar which had low gravity c: I know I'm kind of thinking small at the moment, but we haven't seen the full capabilities of this yet and until we do I won't be able to go too far with ideas lol

I think this could be awesome if a spaceship map was made with a hangar which had low gravity c: I know I'm kind of thinking small at the moment, but we haven't seen the full capabilities of this yet and until we do I won't be able to go too far with ideas lol

Exactly my idea! That would be so cool - just like Star Wars Battlefront 2!

• 2 weeks later...

here's an idea, planet griffball.

the ball is on the "South Pole" (bottom of the sphere) and the goal is on the "North Pole" (top of the sphere). the goal would have to be a free goal so it didn't matter which team got to the top. to make it really interesting you could make it a free for all with no teams. the first person to get to the goal scores.