Halo 4 Multiplayer Needs an 8GB Install

Spectral Jester

If your Xbox 360 hard drive is full to bursting, you might consider clearing a bit of space in anticipation of Halo 4's impending release later this year. Why? Because you'll need at least 8GB to play Halo 4's multiplayer according to Microsoft.

That means either having the required space on your hard drive or on a compatible 8GB (or bigger) USB Flash memory stick. Chances are most of you will have more than the required space, but it's worth noting if your hard drive space is reaching critical mass or if you have an old 20GB HDD or 4GB console.

"At a minimum, you'll need at least an 8GB USB Flash Drive or an Xbox 360 Hard Drive to play Multiplayer mode in Halo 4," a Halo 4 Xbox.com product page highlights. "For an optimal experience playing with an Xbox 360 Hard Drive is highly recommended."

It's possible that the substantial Spartan Ops mode will eat up some of that 8GB, as new episodes are released frequently alongside additional maps for competitive modes. So while an 8GB install might seem like bad news, the sliver lining is that Halo 4's multiplayer is going to be absolutely ma-hoo-sive

• Like 2

That is absolute horse****.

My harddrive is already peaking with purely save games and game content. They should find a way to implement it without using so much space, this is beyond ridiculous.

Imagine all the people with 360 harddrives not even capable of 8GB, they won't even be able to play it!

Once again, Microsoft screws the consumers over.

• Like 2

I'll be fine space wise. What I really want to know is what's taking up all that space? They've got to be including Spartan Ops as well when they say multiplayer.

I'll most likely install the game on my hard drive first thing, so there is going to be a whole lot of Halo 4 on that thing.

8GB? Really? Thats basically them giving them a middle finger to everyone who has the 4GB newer xbox. Greedy aholes...

Part of me wants to see the game have terrible sales just to show Microsoft, and the other part wants to see the game sell amazingly. (I still think it will be amazing, but sales are different)
  • Like 1