New Microsoft Studio Working On Halo Sized Franchise

Adam91

jqD1lJCTEVOSd.png

Source:

CVG

Microsoft Game Studios Vancouver is taking on scores of new staff as it begins to work on a next generation games franchise.

The studio, which has been rebranded as Black Tusk, is expected to double its headcount to 110 development workers by the end of the year.

Black Tusk studio manager Mike Crump says the team is "working on Microsoft's next big entertainment franchise".

"We're not working on an existing franchise, we're looking to build the next Halo here, for example, which is really exciting," Crump told regional newspaper The Vancouver Sun.

"We are building something from the ground up," he added.

According to its official website, "Black Tusk Studios is dedicated to creating immersive, AAA games that push the limits of Microsoft's entertainment platforms."

In May, the online CV of an art director at the studio seemingly let slip that the team was working on "a core AAA shooter experience using Kinect".

View full article

The only reason you made Halo 4 feel like call of duty is because you wanted to attract the tweens and the little kids that were born when halo 2 was made, Im not trying to sound like games you make should be exactly like halo 2 or 3 but at least listen to your older community of competetive players that want a ranking system and want kids to get mad when they cant get their 50s <EX You made a bad decision on your fanbase outlook all you want is money I know im speaking the truth. Maybe you should make a game that people enjoy next time. Ps. you suck

Guest Shinigami

Personally, CoD, GoW, and Halo. All have much potential to continue onward for years to come. I don't see where this illusion of "It's too much coming from". Gaming Industry is business yet still, this new game seems interesting and despite being a gigantic fan of all these series without being too biased on either; I would love to see a new franchise come in and take the FPS thrown, we need the Golden Age of Gaming to come back.

Personally I believe that halo has the potential to divert from being an FPS to different styles, like (something I'd really like too see done well), a space RTS game like Halo Wars would be cool. I'd even like to see possible a Squad based game kind of like Ghost recon was, or even Republic Commando. Although I would like too see where 343 is taking Halo after Halo 4. But I agree There needs too be a new original game or series soon from Microsoft, but either way Halo will probably never die as a gaming franchise.