Archangel Tyrael

If I want to play 10 hours a day, then let me. Im not boosting, so don't worry about it. I want the xp I deserve, this is BS. All the halo community has to pay for idiots who boost? Not fair, and I finished challenges and that xp I'll never get. WASTE OF TIME. Halo 3 > Halo 4.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ReliantRobin

I 100% loved this game, campaign was amazing, not a problem or glitch for me. Absolutly epic! All i want is team swat and snipers to be added to war games in an update/patch soon please! Thanks for making Halo 4! :)

Guest str8dipping

how about 343 takes me to dinner before it ***** me....xp cap is a waste of time, i play competitive on here and to not receive xp for doing good is mind blowing. ever heard of cod, it doesn't do that, i love halo and this game, and yeah it was different before unlockables, but they are here now so stop locking me out of playing. I mean I might as well quit playing because it'll take 5 days to get one level do to this, its mind blowing. I mean really 343. How about if you guys can only make so much money a day, then you got to wait a day....halo 4= mind ****

Guest zeldazman

look 343 campain amazing love it best yet made me cry a little mp wtf man first damege is so low its stupid second only four maps wth man and only like a few game types i understand your a diffrent compny but come on man we loved the game types we had thats why we play halo insted of other games cause halo was one of a kind now it feels same as everything else

Guest SephirothNz08

I took a week off work to play this game, Smashed through the whole campaign at midnight and didnt get any xp (because i live in NZ and didnt start getting xp until American release time) i then proceed to play all day, each day as thats why i took work off and im hitting the cap within 5 hours and we didnt get double XP codes over here.

Today i hit the cap at level SR38 after 5 hours, i didnt get the message stating "xp cap reached" and proceeded to play another game, I finished my weekly and monthly challenge in that game! yup i missed out on like 20k xp.......... thanks 343i made me feel really good.

I then waited until the challenges reset so i knew it was a new day, i played 2 more games and the xp cap notice came up... after 2 games?? really 343i

Today i will be enjoying the sunshine, and not the DMR.....

If casual gamers are getting this xp cap then 343i are doing something wrong and this will ruin alot of people experience!

Guest MetalSearGolid

I took a week off work to play this game, Smashed through the whole campaign at midnight and didnt get any xp (because i live in NZ and didnt start getting xp until American release time) i then proceed to play all day, each day as thats why i took work off and im hitting the cap within 5 hours and we didnt get double XP codes over here.

Today i hit the cap at level SR38 after 5 hours, i didnt get the message stating "xp cap reached" and proceeded to play another game, I finished my weekly and monthly challenge in that game! yup i missed out on like 20k xp.......... thanks 343i made me feel really good.

I then waited until the challenges reset so i knew it was a new day, i played 2 more games and the xp cap notice came up... after 2 games?? really 343i

Today i will be enjoying the sunshine, and not the DMR.....

If casual gamers are getting this xp cap then 343i are doing something wrong and this will ruin alot of people experience!

What is the experience cap? Most people don't take weeks off of work so I'd imagine that the average casual gamer won't hit this cap. Not saying the cap should be there but just curious if I as a typical casual gamer will hit this cap (especially since I have 200 double exp matches stocked up)

As of 11 pm last night my SR was still resetting to 1 after every match, sometimes I would lose access to my loadouts during the match. Additionally Challenges and Commendations were not updating either. It's pretty disappointing to not be able to enjoy multiplayer. I feel like I'm at a disadvantage in addition to dropping behind in xp. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, otherwise I will have to return the game.

If you're playing MP just for the rewards, you're doing it wrong...

Enjoy the games you play and when your xp cap resets, have fun with the rewards.

Anybody who stops playing because of rewards needs to step back and look at things like halo 2, or MP games before 'unlocks'.

We played for the fun, not the rewards!

Happy fragging

When i reach the cap limit and continue to play it uses up my double xp matches still. So why would i continue to play if i get no reward and a wasted match of double xp. Thats why the cap needs to be removed or at least fix it and give me back my wasted matches

As many of you have heard, "Halo 4 is a hybrid of Call Of Duty and Halo". I don't disagree, and I hope the points I'm about to make will convince you non believers. There's two skill sets in bungie's halo games. The first is precise aim/killing and the second is evading/surviving. What allows for evading? SHIELDS. Probably the most important, significant characteristic that the Halo title is known for. Yes, the dmr/br takes 5 shots now BUT you still die in half the time opposed to Halo 3 because of damage rate, game speed, and whatever else. The amount of time it takes to kill someone is smack dab in the middle of call of duty and bungie's halo's, therefore the evading opportunities are extremely limited.

Final point - you take away shields, the game becomes like call of duty.

Bungie had it right.

Guest SephirothNz08

What is the experience cap? Most people don't take weeks off of work so I'd imagine that the average casual gamer won't hit this cap. Not saying the cap should be there but just curious if I as a typical casual gamer will hit this cap (especially since I have 200 double exp matches stocked up)

Not quite sure exactly what the xp cap ammount is sorry, i might record xp numbers from each game today until i hit the cap and ill let people know what the number is, its pretty discouraging though especially when your doing well at the game and want to be one of the first to get to SR50!

ive played about 200 games and only seen 2 people that are higher rank than me in total, i wonderd how these players managed it when i have hit the cap each day and after some reading all you have to do is put your xbox time zone back until you hit your xp cap again then you reset it to your normal zone and your good to go again! wish i had known this on day one.

I would imagine 343i will hotfix this really soon though so make the most of it if your hitting xp cap each day.

Guest Maglite23

I understand the reason they put an XP cap. But WHY promote double xp with Mt Dew if you're going to do that. I haven't found anywhere what the cap is but it must not be very high, especially considering those who have double XP earning between 10,000 and 12,000 xp PER match in Spartan ops.

Understandable, but NOT thought out at all 343.

Would you please please PLEASE give us an update or DLC or patch or whatever to get the Original English Voices?? I live in Mexico and I bought the Limited Edition believing it would allow me to change the Spanish dubbing, to be honest It totally SuCKs!! I Want MasterChief to SOUND like MASTERCHIEF!!!

Maybe the idea of an XP cap is meant for people to either realize that rewards do not make the MP, the enjoyment does (I wouldn't care if 343 shut down the entire XP system for a day.... id still play(not that actually doing that would be a smart move on their end)) or to say that you have been playing for too long. It is highly likely that 343 does not advocate playing for a large amount of hours just as a beer company does not advocate becoming an alcoholic just so they can buy more of their beer. To put my point simply, 343 probably cares as much about the well being of their gamers as much as their games. Besides, Halo Reach had a cap, and having a cap in Halo 3 would have been pointless since people only earned 1 point per win.

The reason, apparently for the xp caps is because once you reach level 50, you unlock "specializations." These specializations add "mods" to your spartan and change how they work. FOr instance, one becomes an assassin type dude who moves quietly, another makes vehicles stronger. there are 6 more i am not naming. they don't want you to reach these in the first couple days. Another reason is because of boosters.

Now to be honest, this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I got the game at the midnight release. I played campaign, and mutliplayer. I have only just now got the xp cap halfway to level 34. If 343 wanted to do something like this, there is no point in advertising double xp codes. The xp cap is 150,000 per day. With a double ex code, you earn about 5000 xp a game in big team slayer. That is thirty games with double xp and 60 sixty without.

Guest The Mullet

To all those trying to sound "holier than thou" by saying, I play for fun not xp; that is NOT the point most people are making. Most are complaining about HOW LOW the cap is, ESPECIALLY during a promotional offer for double xp which I'm sure 343i helped to implement. Nobody there was smart enough to think the two were conflicting in a business area. ALSO they didn't account for loss of matches already applied after the cap, if they did it was a cruel move on the people who pay their salaries.

Guest Voice of Reason

I highly doubt 343i is going to give a crap about a few whiners crying about how they get more experience than they intended. Thats like Bill Gates whining about how his credit card has a cap on it. Try thinking about the average consumer who plays Halo 4, they probably will never hit anywhere near that level cap. And if you are someone who considers themselves a hardcore gamer and you can hit that level cap in record time with or without a double xp promotion then count yourself lucky. You are the 1% my friend. Now go run for president.

Guest Eillo Nonrev

Look everyone, I understand the frustration about the xp cap (I hit it 3 times since release [with and without double xp]), The main thing that is troubling is the fact that what all of you "you aren't the average consumer" people are failing to realize, is that the more you play YOU WILL HIT THE CAP!!! I played a little yesterday "all without 2XP", and masted assassin, and expert like 6 other things. I completed all the spartan ops challenges all at once (I started them on release, just completed them all off and on throughout the day), and played odd ball and KOTH. BAM!!! XP CAP. And when you play after xp cap and you complete commendations the game steals the XP from you.

Now, what I suggest you all do is file a complaint with the B.B.B. in regards to paying for 2XP, hitting the XP cap, then having the game take your 2XP away for continued online play.

And to you other people trying tell others about "playing the game for fun". WTF are you trying to tell someone else how to enjoy a product they spent $65 - $100 + for??? Grow up. If you like enjoying the game just for the fun, that's cool. But, I enjoy getting rewards for continued play. Are any of us wrong? No! We are both enjoying our products. How would you feel if you purchase 50 mb/s internet, but your ISP limited you to only using 25 - 30 of it at a time. But, I keep forgetting that we live in the Apple generation where people accept companies telling them how to use the products consumers purchase from them.

Guest elegantsorrow

YEA i agree this exp cap is bull**** plus i mean hell we dont even have team swat and i mean i know game just droped but hell please fix the damn lagg its difficult to kill stuff thats jumping all over the screen. hell i migt go back to reach because most the games i get in are laggy and its not my connection im hardwired and ive got amazing internet. just take the damn exp cap off and let us have more game modes than this or atleast say your working on it

I dunno, I think they should only put cap's on certain thing's. IE- Land Grab on Quarry. Since I put on my double XP and I was invited to play Spartan Ops for the first time and I got 4 thousand points, PLUS the double so I ended up somewhere near breaking 10 thousand points? then my SR decided to just kinda reset itself. So that's cool. But putting a limit on multiplayer is a bit odd, Since most people (LIke myself) Would like to get alittle somethin somethin for doing good in multiplayer. And I am fairly agitated that I can't use my double XP and I have quite a bit of it (Not my fault they put double XP on such a tasty drink) So in my personal opinion. Limit the amount you get from Spartan Ops. Because the amount is absolutely ridiculous. And take the cap off of multiplayer c: