No Titanfall Digital Release for Xbox 360 Coming

Electronic Arts has confirmed that there will not be a digital download of Titanfall for the Xbox 360, as it "simply did not represent the true Titanfall experience.”

Titanfall recently launched after nearly a month's worth of delay on the Xbox 360 to critical success, like that of it's Xbox One and PC counterparts, both of which sold much better due to Digital Releases. However, EA's own website confirmed that the 360 version would not experience the same method of purchase. EA.com has stated it's reasoning for such actions, saying that it was considered, but after they felt that it "should have never been offered." They also stated that they, "hope players understand this decision was all about quality and making sure you get the best Titanfall experience." Considering some can only afford to buy it over Games on Demand, this could be a deal-breaker for potential customers, and is likely a shot in the foot on EA's part, though an understandable decision.

post-26953-0-08523700-1397269084_thumb.jpg

This news is definitely some hard news to take in, especially if you are looking to get the Xbox 360 version and can't access a local game store, or simply prefer digital downloads. Has this impacted your decision on buying the game? Let me know below, thanks for reading!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 5

Yeah, I think that they were correct in that one line in their statement, where they said about wanting the experience to be the best that it can. I mean take a look at GTA V as an example... If you installed both disc's too the hardrive the game loaded slower, had worse framerates, was more choppy, and the textures and lighting was  slightly worse. Because they designed the game to use both the disc and the harddrive. The game wasn't optimized to work as a single download file.  My guess would be that's the case with Titanfall.

Thank you for the article Edward! :)

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 1

Sad, but I understand why they did it. :)

But really who really buys stuff off the MS store a lot of it ( they have got a lot better in pricing ) is just too much and I am sure if you looked around you could find a physical dirt cheap copy of Titanfall.

Edited by Caboose the Ace

I think this was a good call on their part, most newer games on the Xbox Marketplace nowadays are around 7gb on average, and that is usually not very convenient for a person who has a 12 or 20gb Hard drive. On top of that, most games that are available for a digital download, have a worse look over due to it, well, being downloaded instead of in disk form. Plus, the ridiculous download time for people who have poor internet, I know I wouldn't want to wait 4 hours to play something that isn't even up to par with the hard copy of the same exact game.

• Like 1

I agree with this on their part. 40 GB of a hard drive would be wayy to much storage taken away, unless if you're carrying around a TB HDD. The thought of this being Hard Disk would be nice for the community, which is a lot of people. I personally think that Digital Copy is better, just in case if I lose the game or it isn't readable. That aside, Hard Disk is better if you want more memory space and don't like waiting on your game to download.