•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (05 December 2019 - 07:08 AM) Welcome to the forums, EmiLekA! :welcome: View EmiLekA's Profile
@  343iBot : (04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, Sallyovace! :welcome: View Sallyovace's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (04 December 2019 - 02:44 PM) the masta pasta race
@  Twinreaper : (04 December 2019 - 06:50 AM) hola amigos...welcome to the masta race lol
@  Halo6 Follower : (03 December 2019 - 09:26 PM) Rejoice!
@  Tony le Lava... : (03 December 2019 - 06:00 PM) The day I've been waiting for years has finally come :)
@  343iBot : (03 December 2019 - 02:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, ScytheFG! :welcome: View ScytheFG's Profile
@  343iBot : (02 December 2019 - 12:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Richardjup! :welcome: View Richardjup's Profile
@  343iBot : (01 December 2019 - 04:23 PM) Welcome to the forums, Michaelbanny! :welcome: View Michaelbanny's Profile
@  343iBot : (30 November 2019 - 10:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, PhilipdAype! :welcome: View PhilipdAype's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 06:12 PM) Welcome to the forums, Onecapper! :welcome: View Onecapper's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 02:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, brownE7! :welcome: View brownE7's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 11:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, duaneblynn! :welcome: View duaneblynn's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 05:37 AM) Welcome to the forums, jonathanK! :welcome: View jonathanK's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (26 November 2019 - 08:25 PM) nay nay nay!
@  Mr Kittens a... : (26 November 2019 - 10:50 AM) Hey hey hey!
@  343iBot : (26 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) Welcome to the forums, BrianTrorb! :welcome: View BrianTrorb's Profile
@  Akali : (24 November 2019 - 07:47 PM) @RedStarRocket91 Damn right we should! Like the good old days
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (24 November 2019 - 10:58 AM) why compete when mouse-keyboard combos are dumb
@  Maestro : (20 November 2019 - 09:28 PM) yeah, but I think that shouldn't matter when you play with your buddies in campaign or screw around in custom games

Photo

Xenos

1v1 2v2 Bacon Slayer King of the Hill Extraction Oddball Pancakes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Zandril S312
  • Location42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

Hey guys. I'm proud to present to you a competitive map that I made.

This map is named Xenos.

LIvxqVw.jpg

This map is designed primarily for 2v2 and 1v1 and has a forerunner theme that I think I pulled off pretty well.

Xenos is compatible with multiple gametypes. These being Slayer, Extraction, KoTH, and Oddball.

Overall, I'm very proud with this map. It has a simple layout and look and it plays very well for 1v1 and 2v2 games.

Weapons

- Railgun (x1)
- Sniper Rifle (x1)
- Assault Rifle (x1)
- Light Rifle (x1)
- DMR (x1)
- Pulse Grenade (x2)

*Only the Railgun and Pulse Grenades spawn at the start of a match. The rest of the weapons spawn later on.

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

9kOERMD.jpg

uiVYBqg.jpg

PSVfdyc.jpg

6EVA031.jpg

Ocy0Iif.jpg

LHzU8Im.jpg

SzeV1w5.jpg

43iPz4o.png

0qd2kuw.gif

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? 

#2 Guest_Psychoduck

Guest_Psychoduck
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

This looks quite nice, maybe a bit simple, but well executed to be sure.  I'll take a look and get some games on it soon.

#3 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

This looks quite nice, maybe a bit simple, but well executed to be sure.  I'll take a look and get some games on it soon.

Thanks Psychoduck, hope to hear back from you soon. There's actually another Forge Cafe Custom Game Night where we can do a 1v1 or 2v2 in the map.

http://halocustoms.c...ril-s312.13416/

As of now, I think the only issue I'm having with the map is the diamond structure. Everything else is great if you ask me.

I've gotten feedback that told me to keep the diamond and I've gotten some that told me to remove it.

Personally, I'd like for it to stay because it looks so ******* pretty, it sells the theme of the map, and it creates some interesting fights between top Blue and top Red.

But if they really are detriment to the gameplay of the map, I'll have no choice but to remove them.

What do you guys think?

0qd2kuw.gif

#4 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

Map Update

- Raised the diamond. Players will no longer hit it while jumping from one bridge to the other at any angle.

- Minor aesthetic changes.

0qd2kuw.gif

#5 Festuca

Festuca

Brute

• Members
  • 44 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Festuca
  • LocationSierra Nevada Foothills! Nevada City CA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hey Zan, this looks really clean! It looks like not much risk was taken, but that is not mandate, plus as you said its primarily for 2v2, simple can be better! The Forerunner accents are very nice! I look forward to you beating me up on this map! You're on a roll friend! :thumbsup:

#6 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hey Zan, this looks really clean! It looks like not much risk was taken, but that is not mandate, plus as you said its primarily for 2v2, simple can be better! The Forerunner accents are very nice! I look forward to you beating me up on this map! You're on a roll friend! :thumbsup:

Thanks Festuca. I'll invite you if I see you online.

0qd2kuw.gif

#7 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

Minor Update

- Cleaned up the killzones.
- Cleaned up Gold tunnel.
- Raised some of the Rock 3s in Red and Blue base.

0qd2kuw.gif

#8 BrokeBackHill

BrokeBackHill

Jackal

• Members
  • 10 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Habooboo

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

This looks sexy as hell. The map has a theme that needs not an explanation. The moment players see this, they'll immediately recognize it as a Forerunner map. Those bridges in the middle are particularly epic.

I'll try to get some 1v1s on this soon.

#9 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

This looks sexy as hell. The map has a theme that needs not an explanation. The moment players see this, they'll immediately recognize it as a Forerunner map. Those bridges in the middle are particularly epic.

I'll try to get some 1v1s on this soon.

Thanks dude. I hope to hear your thoughts on the map soon. Maybe we can 1v1?

0qd2kuw.gif

#10 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:06 AM

MAP UPDATED

- Boltshot has been removed and replaced with the Assault Rifle.
- Railgun now has 0 spare clips.
- BRs removed.
- All the weapons except for the Railgun and Pulse Grenades spawn later on in the game.
- Soft kill roof added.

0qd2kuw.gif

#11 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Minor Update (Probably the last)

- Refined the spawning.

- That's it. :P

0qd2kuw.gif

#12 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

Video time!

0qd2kuw.gif

#13 Rayner Sutardja

Rayner Sutardja

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 144 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:n0mnom321

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

Hey Zandril! I saw your feature of you map, and I have a good idea of the map's layout. My only suggestion is, the tunnels... I always find tunnels with grass floors (especially on forge island) unappealing, perhaps cover the floor with wall, coliseums or some other forge pieces. This is because of the forerunner feel that you integrated into your map... Forerunner architecture is usually very clean and straight, which contrasts with the grass. Or, you you could pretend that it is overgrown and cover only certain parts of the floor and add leaves (from the trees) into the tunnel. This will help make the forerunner theme more uniform throughout the map. I hope you agree! ;)

#14 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

Hey Zandril! I saw your feature of you map, and I have a good idea of the map's layout. My only suggestion is, the tunnels... I always find tunnels with grass floors (especially on forge island) unappealing, perhaps cover the floor with wall, coliseums or some other forge pieces. This is because of the forerunner feel that you integrated into your map... Forerunner architecture is usually very clean and straight, which contrasts with the grass. Or, you you could pretend that it is overgrown and cover only certain parts of the floor and add leaves (from the trees) into the tunnel. This will help make the forerunner theme more uniform throughout the map. I hope you agree! ;)

I appreciate the thought, Rayner. However, I already finalized the map and I don't really feel like giving it another update.

Also, your suggestion is concerned with the map's aesthetics. Aesthetics are opinion-based. We have different opinions on what looks better.

But thanks again for the comment. :)

0qd2kuw.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4, 1v1, 2v2, Bacon, Slayer, King of the Hill, Extraction, Oddball, Pancakes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users