The "Meet Your Maker" Results Thread!

Absolute Dog

cooltext898536073_zps6130da97.png

Here, in reverse order, will be posted the winners of the forge contest.

Last night we had the honor of posting that "Blacksite", by The Fated Fire, had grabbed one of the two 'Runner Up' positions in the contest. His map proved to be a very solid forge offering that created great movement, provided quality sight lines and functioned incredibly well with the Infinity Slayer default settings we were judging by. His map was canvased on Erosion, which was the least used canvas, which provided the unique lighting characteristics given that forge environment. Here is the announcement video and walk through by 'The Pscho Duck' from THFE.

Map Variant Link

Today we are announcing the other 'Runner Up' in the contest which is a map by Squally DaBeanz titled "Stigma". Squally's map featured a very unique and creative design that presented both verticality and segmentation in a competitive manner that both encouraged movement and allowed for defensible areas throughout the map. All judges admire the overall design elements of this map. Squally used the Ravine canvas to forge this masterpiece and this map reflects elements from previous classic Halo maps such as Guardian and Lockout. Here is the announcement video and walk through by 'The Pscho Duck' of THFE.

Stigmslogo_zps902235d4.png

Map Variant Link

Winner of the Meet Your Maker Forge Contest is...

"Edifice" by REDEMPTION1272

It was a tough back and forth decision and only a few tiny little details seperated the winning map from

the runner up. Hats off to the three of you!  :)

Canvased on Ravine, "Edifice" is a very aesthetically pleasing, well laid out, asymemtrical map that centers

around four color coded buildings for ease of orientation. It features a very nice mix of close to mid-range engagement, is extremely fast-paced and makes excellent use of Ravine's terrain and cave features.

Congratulations REDEMPTION1272 on the win!!! :clap:

cooltext977301073_zpsa8656441.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW0QY4xyVdg&feature=player_profilepage

Map_Variant_Link

• Like 4

I can't speak for the first two maps because I haven't had the fortune of playing on them yet (Horray for Meet Your Maker Playdate). But as far as the map Stigma is concerned I can atest that it is an incredible map worthy of all the accolades it will undoubtedly receive. I've played on it many times in custom lobbies and it is one of the most expertly crafted maps I've ever seen. In my humble opinion it's ready to go into MM as we speak.

Looking forward to trying out some of the other maps in the Meet your Maker Playdate.

• Like 2

Congratulations Redemption on winning the Meet Your Maker Forge Contest! Congrats to Squally as well. It is an honor to see my map selected along side Edifice and Stigma. I have received a ton of feedback this week while Black Site was tested in FFA matchmaking and I constructed significant additions to Black Site in order to remedy some of the concerns I received. I added a 2 leveled middle structure in order to limit the lines of sight across top middle and bottom middle, along with some additional structural changes to protect spawns near Railgun and Sticky Detonator. Overshield now alternates randomly with Damage Boost top middle, and Shotgun spawns bottom middle with zero spare clips and 150 second respawn. Please download Black Site v2 and see the screenshot below!

Fileshare Download Link: Black Site v2

isWqxAIH2PCjF.jpg

• Like 6

O_O

<_<

>_>

SPAM ALERT

INBOX: OVER 9000

FORGE LEVEL: OVER 9000

SCHOOL GIRL VOICE: OVER 9000

With all jokes aside, this has been just insane. I am blown away, truly and utterly. So many people to thank for feedback its hard to even express all their names. Atlasisshruggin, Squally Dabeanz, Yemil, Ghostayame (ya he gave feedback for the most recent version), Spadez, Psychoduck, Saltykoalabear, Warholic, Overkill, Darkling Ninja, Secretschitzil, The fated fire, Purely Fat, Godlyperfection and so many more I cannot remember to thank for all your efforts. That on top of the FFA feedback, thus Edifice is only gonna get better as am I. I have still much to learn and so much more to offer. I shall be back for the next one, bigger and better than before. I hope to see some fierce compitition in the next one, it can only mean awesome maps.

Any feedback is welcome for Edifice, I shall update it every chance I get.

• Like 7

Glad to see Stigma get this far. It's funny, I went into this map saying "this will be my baby", and it's what has gotten my name on the map (pun intended). Thank you to everyone who has helped me test this map, gave feedback, and spread it around. It's truly an honor to make it into the top three, especially since I've always seemed to be cursed to never win anything. As far as Stigma getting into matchmaking like SweatyBagels suggested, I'm still making very minor adjustments like weapons, spawning, crate placement (ya, that just happened in the latest update XD). I'm gonna work on a few minor spawn issues, including FFA spawns) very soon.

Thanks again everyone, and I'm looking forward to what the next contest brings!

• Like 6

Congratulations to the top three! All are very solid and enjoyable maps! I admire the time and effort put into them and I'm sure you guys are proud that your efforts paid off.

I hope to see more of your creations in the future and Congrats once again! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I'm happy for the winners. I knew edifice was going to win from the start. It's been a staple map whenever I've hosted customs. 

---------

That being said, I think everyone would really appreciate seeing how their map stacked up against everyone else's, for better or for worse. I know I sure would. hahahaha. but seriously, ::whisper:: like a list or something would be awesome, and bring more meaning to this contest for the rest of us who followed this contest closely ::whisper:: 

---------

Anyway,

Props to the winners, peace.

• Like 3

Guest Psychoduck

I'm happy for the winners. I knew edifice was going to win from the start. It's been a staple map whenever I've hosted customs. 

---------

That being said, I think everyone would really appreciate seeing how their map stacked up against everyone else's, for better or for worse. I know I sure would. hahahaha. but seriously, ::whisper:: like a list or something would be awesome, and bring more meaning to this contest for the rest of us who followed this contest closely ::whisper:: 

---------

Anyway,

Props to the winners, peace.

We're happy to give feedback to anyone who submitted a map, as long as the fact that we are pretty busy is respected.  Send me a message on Xbox if you want!

Congrats to the winners!

We're happy to give feedback to anyone who submitted a map, as long as the fact that we are pretty busy is respected.  Send me a message on Xbox if you want!

Congrats to the winners!

Thanks, that's SWEET! Here is an alphabetized list of the maps for ranking.

-------------------------------------------------------------

-You guys probably have a bunch of lists of your own from narrowing it down from 103 maps to 3 maps, as you probably split up the work into 3rds or 5ths or 8ths or 10ths and met in the middle or whatever. I think people would be really happy to take a peak at those notes to see how they did. Hats off to you, guys, that was a ton of work. Peace be with yall and Thanks again!

------------------------

Map Entries A-Z

------------------------

Acute

AfterBurner

Anex

Atrium

Babbo

Basejump

Biorosion

Black Site

Bleached

Breakdown

Bridge Out

BungieJump

Citro

City Limits District 5

Cliffside

Cloven

Communications

Compression

Conjuncture

Contour

CottonWood

Crash Site

Crucifix

Defile

Delirium

Depths

Detriment

Dragon Pit

Edifice

Enclosure

Enforcement [Turf Remake]

Enigma

Escalate

Euthanasia

Exude

Facility-N204

Fork Lift

Fugue

Fuse

Goldhunt

Grandesign

Guardian

Haelith

Hammer N Nail

Heliopolis

Hydra

Icarus

Infinity Station

Interchange

Inverse

Ir3con St34lth

Ironclad

Isla Battlefield

Lasvutan

Loading Dock

Looming

Memoria

Motel

Mothership

Observation Post

Observatory

Octone

Odyssey

Odyssey

Overwatch

Palace

Paradise

Pipeworks

Poncho Land

Populous

Portal

Purgatory

Radiant

RaisedHigh

Reflex

Renury

Resistance

Satellite 04

Scrapyard

Seafront

Segregate

Serenity

Serenity Station

Sigma

Solitude

Space-Fusion

Sphere

Stigma

Streamline

The Big Rock Candy Mountain

The Flying Dutchie

The Hill

The Joker

The Station

The Town

The Wedge

Toxic

Transaction

Vertical

Vertical

W Georgia Correctional Facility

Watcher

Waterfront

• Like 7

THESE MAPS ARE AWESOME. WHEN IS THE MEET YOUR MAKER PLAY DATE??

Does anyone know if the winner, or the winner and runner ups will ge their maps added to Infinity Slayer on War Games? Just wondering. The ultimate perk to most any Forger is to have their prize available for the entire community to enjoy. CV

Thanks, that's SWEET! Here is an alphabetized list of the maps for ranking.

-------------------------------------------------------------

-You guys probably have a bunch of lists of your own from narrowing it down from 103 maps to 3 maps, as you probably split up the work into 3rds or 5ths or 8ths or 10ths and met in the middle or whatever. I think people would be really happy to take a peak at those notes to see how they did. Hats off to you, guys, that was a ton of work. Peace be with yall and Thanks again!

Awesome list by the way. I think that there must be a basic rating system for what could be improved as well, eg. too small, too big, work on it for more than a day. etc.. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the winner, or the winner and runner ups will ge their maps added to Infinity Slayer on War Games? Just wondering. The ultimate perk to most any Forger is to have their prize available for the entire community to enjoy. CV

I don't believe they'll be added to matchmaking because wer're not directly associated with 343 Industries and don't have the power to put it in ourselves but they'll most certainly get a bunch of attention and have potential to reach matchmaking I'm sure.

Black Site, one of the runner up maps, and Edifice, the winner are actally already in the Community Forge FFA Playlist.

This contest was a huge success!  The judges were there several times a week for several hours proving to be very reliable.  The maps that were submitted were amazing!  If you did not win the top 3, don't be discouraged, instead contact myself or any other willing judge for feedback.  There were literally dozens of beautiful well forged maps.  A lot of the ones disqualified were because of minor issues like spawning, kill boundaries  or weapon placement.  Don't let your time go to waste on these great maps.  Make some changes and submit them into a future contest.  Also be humble and teachable.  You will never become a better forger unless you are willing to learn from everyone and grow.  I want to congratulate the 3 finalists.  One of them in particular, I am very proud of.  I have busted his balls since REACH when I found him.  He had over 70+ maps yet no one knew who he was.  There was a time that he thanked me constantly for introducing him to well-known people.  Now he has had his time to shine, everyone will know his name, and I hope he doesn't forget me LMAO.  Good job to all of you, especially the 3 finalist.   Get ready for Halo fame!

Believe it or not, every map was seen by a group of judges.  We didn't split it up at all.  It required a lot of time and energy and devotion to the community.  Honestly though there is no way we could put all those in a ranked list nor would we want anyone to be at the bottom.

• Like 4

This contest was a huge success!  The judges were there several times a week for several hours proving to be very reliable.  The maps that were submitted were amazing!  If you did not win the top 3, don't be discouraged, instead contact myself or any other willing judge for feedback.

How do you (or the other judges) prefer to be contacted??

I don't believe they'll be added to matchmaking because wer're not directly associated with 343 Industries and don't have the power to put it in ourselves but they'll most certainly get a bunch of attention and have potential to reach matchmaking I'm sure.

Black Site, one of the runner up maps, and Edifice, the winner are actally already in the Community Forge FFA Playlist.

Gotcha. I have been out of it over a week now waiting for my new xbox to arrive (old one bit the dust). I will hit that playlist when my new 360 is hooked up. Can't wait because my latest map was all but finished the night the video died. I am eager to finish the spawns so I can submit it to the various forge groups for feedback and testing. Thanks Dizzy. 

CV :wallbash:

How do you (or the other judges) prefer to be contacted??

I second this request. I am eager to receive any feedback. I was not able to do any heavy testing, though I wanted to. It was just bad timing for me at the time. CV

This contest was a huge success!  The judges were there several times a week for several hours proving to be very reliable.  The maps that were submitted were amazing!  If you did not win the top 3, don't be discouraged, instead contact myself or any other willing judge for feedback.  There were literally dozens of beautiful well forged maps.  A lot of the ones disqualified were because of minor issues like spawning, kill boundaries  or weapon placement.  Don't let your time go to waste on these great maps.  Make some changes and submit them into a future contest.  Also be humble and teachable.  You will never become a better forger unless you are willing to learn from everyone and grow.  I want to congratulate the 3 finalists.  One of them in particular, I am very proud of.  I have busted his balls since REACH when I found him.  He had over 70+ maps yet no one knew who he was.  There was a time that he thanked me constantly for introducing him to well-known people.  Now he has had his time to shine, everyone will know his name, and I hope he doesn't forget me LMAO.  Good job to all of you, especially the 3 finalist.   Get ready for Halo fame!

Believe it or not, every map was seen by a group of judges.  We didn't split it up at all.  It required a lot of time and energy and devotion to the community. 

Hey, no worries. I was just asking. Understand that I was looking at it from a list perspective, in other words, I thought you had a bunch of decision lists just lying around - I mean, the alphabetized list I put on earlier came straight off of a Microsoft Excel Doc.

Honestly though there is no way we could put all those in a ranked list nor would we want anyone to be at the bottom.

I wouldn't worry to much about that, some result is usually better than no result for most people.  

I'm old school - been playing Halo since the first one came out - so me and my buds have an acceptable idea of what maps are good and what maps are not so good.

Ranking isn't that difficult. I say that because we did an OK job ranking quite a few of these maps in "Meet Your Maker" - just trying to find cool maps to play - and it's not too time consuming or hard spread out between 15 or so days. That's why comparing lists would have been cool. It could have been worse, 100 isn't 500 maps hahaha. Here's what we used, for what it's worth.

Our Ranking System

-----------------------------------------

Each Map got a Score of 1-20 points (as we went through)

::Standard

1 point = The worst forge map ever

20 points = Haven

Fun-ness - 5pts

Competitiveness - 5pts

Balance - 5pts

Aesthetics - 5pts

5+5+5+5= Perfect Score 20/20 pts

At the end, you just categorize them by how many points each one earned, and do some tie breakers.

---

Anyways, peace yall. 

Congrats to the winners! I do not envy the task of having to wade through the deluge of submissions to narrow them down. I can't wait to see what the new breed of forgers come up with next! I'm looking forward to reading some more formal reviews on those that misssed the cut *cough-Breakdown-cough*. Better luck next time.