Who is downgrading to Standard Edition?

Ventus

Are you downgrading to Standard Edition?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you downgrading to Standard Edition?

Actually if the map pack pass costs £15 as stated in this article: http://www.vg247.com...ll-cost-you-25/

And I can purchase Halo 4 standard edition for £34 in my local Sainsburys then I would be paying £49 altogether whereas my limited edition is costing me £65 and I don't get the helmets from the map pack.

Just giving you some math. But I'm personally still getting my Limited edition. Because I can right now.

Exactly. By buying Standard Edition and the first Map Pass/DLC, I will save more money than if I would have bought the Limited Edition with the Map Pass/DLC included, plus I get the two helmets. Trust me, I know my math.

Well like some others have said they were already getting SE I am likewise. BUT if I was one to have preorder LE I think I would have downgraded because I love money and if I can get the same great game at a lower price... Why would I not. Unless I was lazy Archangel Tyrael... :rofl:

• Like 1

Well, again, I'll reiterate what I said before, if your downgrading because of the news, you don't know how to appreciate the value of the LE versions.

To long didn't read version: LE versions are very awesome, especially for the games that I love. I'm still trying to get the Skyrim CE!

I agree. As soon as I heard about the LE version of H4, I started saving for it. Comes with lots of goodies, in a good looking case, and the fact that it's a Limited Edition

Recently I've had the opportunity to start getting back Games I have played and loved in the past. I went through a phase where I would trade most my games in just for one new game -.-

I managed to get my hands on the GOTY version of Fable 2, and the limited edition version of Force Unleashed 2.

I like getting Limited Edition versions of video games. It'll look nice in my room, and well, not everyone will have one which is always a bragging right (In a kind way). And it's always nice to remember the times when you saved up for the LE copy of the game, and then when you finally get your hands on it and looked through everything. I don't have Reach anymore, but I still have Halsey's journal thing xD

I think people are forgetting that the LE okay it lost two helmets and some in game exckusives have expanded but yu dont really save money with standard at least if my math is right.

So:

$60 = game

+$25 = map pass

+ $40 (around there)= dlc

Thats $125 stand alone

While only $100 for LE in the end with the LE yu get all these small little avatar, weopon skin stuff thats for fun and like a few extras that are fun and worth it. Im sticking to my LE and yu guys can correct my math if im wrong

I think people are forgetting that the LE okay it lost two helmets and some in game exckusives have expanded but yu dont really save money with standard at least if my math is right.

So:

$60 = game

+$25 = map pass

Thats $125 stand alone

While only $100 for LE in the end with the LE yu get all these small little avatar, weopon skin stuff thats for fun and like a few extras that are fun and worth it. Im sticking to my LE and yu guys can correct my math if im wrong

Your math is pretty good. See, all that extra DLC would cost more than $10 anyway making the price higher than $100. People like to forget the extras they get. Such as FUD, Vids, and such.

People these days.

So:

$60 = game

+$25 = map pass

Thats $125 stand alone

The other issue is that FUD is only available through streaming over Halo Waypoint. It does not come on a disc. It it were to come on a disc, than it would be different. Seeing as I will buy FUD on Blu Rray, and the Exclusives are not so exclusive anymore, I downgraded.

The other issue is that FUD is only available through streaming over Halo Waypoint. It does not come on a disc. It it were to come on a disc, than it would be different. Seeing as I will buy FUD on Blu Rray, and the Exclusives are not so exclusive anymore, I downgraded.

I remember a time when the only thing special about LE versions of games, was the case it came in. Ooh, so that one helmet you never see ingame is no longer exclusive, better downgrade now because it's a waste of moneyz...

What about ALL the awesome stuff that comes with it:

Steel Case(sickness)

Poster things(schematics or w/e)

Basically a discount off all the things combined

The physical items will be worth a metric **** tonne of money in the later years, and your gonna pass up all the potential profit because some helmets aren't exclusive it to it.

I mean come on people..

• Like 1

lol, im only buying it for the armour/ armour skins. seeing as how it comes with the map pass youre really only paying about 15 dollars more for armour along with all the other little things that come with it. i dunno, it just doesn't seem worth the hassle of downgrading just to save a few dollars

I remember a time when the only thing special about LE versions of games, was the case it came in. Ooh, so that one helmet you never see ingame is no longer exclusive, better downgrade now because it's a waste of moneyz...

What about ALL the awesome stuff that comes with it:

Steel Case(sickness)

Poster things(schematics or w/e)

Basically a discount off all the things combined

The physical items will be worth a metric **** tonne of money in the later years, and your gonna pass up all the potential profit because some helmets aren't exclusive it to it.

I mean come on people..

Sorry, but I'm not gonna spend 40$ on a cool looking case.

Sorry, but I'm not gonna spend 40$ on a cool looking case.

You seem to be forgetting everything else that was mentioned for the LE. You are not spending 40$ just for a cool case your spending for future DLC and FUD, which I know does not come in a disk (I am dissapointed) but you still get it.

As Killerdude said before downgrading because of helmets really? I am sure there are cooler helmets that will come out later. I prefer the physical stuff over armor and skins. Period.

LIMITED Edition is still LIMITED because there was a LIMITED quantity of them so saying that just because a few exclusives arent so exclusive anymore makes the LE less limited is wrong.

You seem to be forgetting everything else that was mentioned for the LE. You are not spending 40$ just for a cool case your spending for future DLC and FUD, which I know does not come in a disk (I am dissapointed) but you still get it.

As Killerdude said before downgrading because of helmets really? I am sure there are cooler helmets that will come out later. I prefer the physical stuff over armor and skins. Period.

LIMITED Edition is still LIMITED because there was a LIMITED quantity of them so saying that just because a few exclusives arent so exclusive anymore makes the LE less limited is wrong.

THANK YOU!

At least somebody here is understanding the words coming out of my mouth.

THANK YOU!

At least somebody here is understanding the words coming out of my mouth.

I know, but that's your opinion. I may save money on the DLC, but I don't even know what the DLC is or if I want it at all. When that time comes, I'll be able to decide if I want to buy it or not, which I think is a good thing. So in my opinion, it's not worth it.

Well if you read my last comment on page 3 then if you're more interested in the in-game content than the physical stuff then it's cheaper to go for the standard edition. I'll quote my own post for you.

Actually if the map pack pass costs £15 as stated in this article: http://www.vg247.com...ll-cost-you-25/

And I can purchase Halo 4 standard edition for £34 in my local Sainsburys then I would be paying £49 altogether whereas my limited edition is costing me £65 and I don't get the helmets from the map pack.

Just giving you some math. But I'm personally still getting my Limited edition. Because I can right now.

tl;dr standard edition and map pack pass costs £16 cheaper than the LE and gets more in game content. I'm not sure where they're getting the "saving 15% on DLC!" because the way I see it, you're just spending £16 on the other content and missing out on in game stuff.

• Like 1

I know, but that's your opinion. I may save money on the DLC, but I don't even know what the DLC is or if I want it at all. When that time comes, I'll be able to decide if I want to buy it or not, which I think is a good thing. So in my opinion, it's not worth it.

The stuff in the LE version is more valuable, is my opinion?

No that's a fact, but I guess you won't be able to find out in the future then I guess, huh?

:/

The stuff in the LE version is more valuable, is my opinion?

No that's a fact, but I guess you won't be able to find out in the future then I guess, huh?

:/

It may have more value to you, but not for me. That's why it's "your opinion".

It may have more value to you, but not for me. That's why it's "your opinion".

The laws of internet values are not my opinions, they are cold, hard facts(not so cold or hard)

If you bought an LE game 10 years ago, it would be worth a fortune now. And you're actually gonna sit there and tell me that's my opinion?

Sorry, but the situation calls for it.

Hurr durr..

The laws of internet values are not my opinions, they are cold, hard facts(not so cold or hard)

If you bought an LE game 10 years ago, it would be worth a fortune now. And you're actually gonna sit there and tell me that's my opinion?

Sorry, but the situation calls for it.

Hurr durr..

I'm sorry but this isn't always true (example http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Halo-2-Limited-Collectors-Edition-Complete-GC-Xbox-360-Fast-Post-/160902270528?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item257685ce40 Halo 2 is 8 years old and is selling from abour £4 for the limited edition)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, some value in game items that they can show off to the masses of players online more than items that will lay on a shelf to be viewed by friends and family. Monetary value doesn't play into it, it's more of a value of personal pride and joy.

(before you rage at me, please note that I am not downgrading - I just see the viewpoints of both arguments.)

• Like 1

I'm sorry but this isn't always true (example http://www.ebay.co.u...=item257685ce40 Halo 2 is 8 years old and is selling from abour £4 for the limited edition)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, some value in game items that they can show off to the masses of players online more than items that will lay on a shelf to be viewed by friends and family. Monetary value doesn't play into it, it's more of a value of personal pride and joy.

(before you rage at me, please note that I am not downgrading - I just see the viewpoints of both arguments.)

Thanks for supporting and me helping me prove my point.

Just to clarify it says that the recruit armor is for ur avatar and u get an armor skin. It mentions nothing about getting recruit armor as part of the LE.

That's the whole point of this thread, really. Originally it did state that the Recruit armour was an in-game LE exclusive.

• Like 1

when you get the limited edition, you DO get the Strider and the Scanner helmets.

Is that confirmed ?

I'll be honest I'm mighty pissed off the LE package is much slimmer than what I had originally thought, the least they could have done is give us FUD, its behind the scenes feature and that making of Halo 4 on DVD. There's zero point streaming it for me, like already mentioned if I wanted it streamed I could have just watched the waypoint youtube clips seperate.

I would have probably downgraded and bought the SE and UNSC controller for around the same price as the LE, and picked up the retail map pass to get those extra helmets and emblem at a later date when the 1st pack is released. But I've regrettably already paid for it.