New Halo 4 Forge Video From GameSpot (New Forge Environment Revealed And More!)

VEF214

Halo-4-Forge-Mode_screen01.jpg

"Create beautiful maps almost by accident in Halo 4's overhauled Forge mode. Kynan Pearson and Lori Zawada walk us through the improvements to Forge."

Source: http://www.gamespot....iveHalo4ForgeMo

A new 10+ minute long Halo 4 Forge video showcasing a new amazing Forge environment and a lot more. Check it out right now!

Insane stuff! :thumbsup:

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by Archangel Tyrael
Added a youtube video, teaser image and made it look cleaner.
  • Like 5

@ 0:36 - 0:47, watch the top right screen. Also @ 1:23 - 1:28. Thoughts?! :laughing:

The green is the highlight feature that they talk about at 0:36

Thank god they added the snap too feature....the nudge system was annoying as heck. So we have an open green hilly and mountainous map, a outer space moon looking map, I really hope there is a snow map to forge with.

lol Space Cave? meteor shower in the background?

The third forge environment may very well be inside a cave. :) I believe these snippets were a teaser for it, as you can see rocky cave walls surrounding the player (as well as cave formations hanging from the ceiling even,) and of course light streaming in from above.

haha I was expecting something awesome when you kept hinting...space cave is sweet but nothing amazing lol

:wallbash: ... Also who said it is in space? We can see 2 structures inside the cave as well, so it's very possible it's not on an asteroid or anything of the sort.

:wallbash: ... Also who said it is in space? We can see 2 structures inside the cave as well, so it's very possible it's not on an asteroid or anything of the sort.

In the new Forge reveal of the day it was revealed this is in space, also later in the video they state themselves that it is in space on the map called Impact (impact crater anyone? lol)

Space map is called Impact, grassy canyon map is called Ravine:

http://halo4nation.com/news/new-forge-world-details/

In the new Forge reveal of the day it was revealed this is in space, also later in the video they state themselves that it is in space on the map called Impact (impact crater anyone? lol)

I like to think 343i are a bit more sly than that. :laughing: In the human weapon trailer the boltshot was in it, and that is promethean. It may just be underground on Impact, but it may also be a huge cavernous area. Either way, it's amazing. B)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43002443&postcount=3406

Lodes are inside the earth.

I like to think 343i are a bit more sly than that. :laughing: In the human weapon trailer the boltshot was in it, and that is promethean. It may just be underground on Impact, but it may also be a huge cavernous area. Either way, it's amazing. B)

Idk...I still think a map actually in space is pretty darn cool...we have had space stations before but nothing like this

This is the perfect set up for my omega journey flood map. I wonder if you can turn the gravity zones sideways, so it can suck players out of the ship almost. I wonder what kind of lighting effects they will have, red flashing lights are a must. This is gonna be great. Can't wait to escape from the heavily damaged flood infested space ship :laughing:

he was trying to point out that it takes place in a cave...the later convo between he and mysefl was about how Impact is in space and on a moon/asteroid etc.

This really excites me. That maps looks amazing. I hope that cave is part of the moon map though. I want another one besides that :D

@ 0:36 - 0:47, watch the top right screen. Also @ 1:23 - 1:28. Thoughts?! :laughing:

I think the top 2 videos are both from impact and the bottom 2 videos are from ravine. Because they have said that each of the forge worlds they have shown are small in comparison to the whole map offered. So I think that the top right is just another place on the same map. Just my take on it. :)

This really excites me. That maps looks amazing. I hope that cave is part of the moon map though. I want another one besides that :D

From the images seen, it would appear that Impact is another big forge world, thus there is a cave on part of it and open areas on other parts