Halo 4 - the BLOOD looks the same as in REACH!

Nedia

Hey guys, I just noticed in one of the MLG videos (awesome stuff, by the way!) that the blood looks exactly the same as in REACH!

Halo 4 MLG footage video:

2qs2h3q.png

Halo: REACH image (http://www.bungie.ne...px?fid=21515256)

2rgpblx.jpg

I really wonder about that because I always thought that the blood from Halo 3 looks much better

242szme.jpg

2wrofvk.jpg

jtw77r.jpg

With much more details and contrasts, in my opinion.

Do they possibly use the blood style from REACH as a placeholder, working meanwhile on a better blood effect for the final game?

I honestly don't care too much about just how the blood decals look. Halo: Reach's blood decals are better than the ones in Halo 3 in my opinion, so I don't mind if they're taking those and placing them into Halo 4. Blood decals are such a small thing to me that, whatever design they choose, I really won't care all that much.

By the time that blood comes out of the opponent, i already turned around to shoot the next one, so i don't care too much. I agree though, based on those images, Halo 3's blood did look better

:thumbup:

I think that if 343i really wants to recycle the blood effect from a previous Halo, they definetly should pick those from Halo:CE or Halo 3! The ones from Halo: REACH were not terrible, but for me they looked a little bit too much like a splatted strawberry pudding rather than blood. Not liquid at all. Halo 3's is maybe a little bit too liquid looking, more like blood mixed with water.

A combination between both would be perfect! I just saw a really nice blood effect in a video from Madonna:

dlg8so.png

Wow, amazing! Great color and number of drops, with a bit of light reflecting, and you can perfectly tell where the shot came from!

Nedia the only reason they don't do realistic blood is because of people who are not well known to blood, and looking at that picture above me is killing my stomache right now so I don't really care about the blood, I have to go now, maybe to the bathroom......

I personally think that Halo 3's blood should be re-introduced. Reach's blood wasn't that bad but I think 3's was a lot better. Now, from the images provided I can see that the blood looks similar to Reach's which is kind of disappointing. They seem to be copying a few things from Reach. I really think they should of made some new blood systems rather than copying previous games...but whatever floats their boats.

Nedia the only reason they don't do realistic blood is because of people who are not well known to blood, and looking at that picture above me is killing my stomache right now so I don't really care about the blood, I have to go now, maybe to the bathroom......

Sorry TheDarkestHour :P:

I personally think that Halo 3's blood should be re-introduced. Reach's blood wasn't that bad but I think 3's was a lot better. Now, from the images provided I can see that the blood looks similar to Reach's which is kind of disappointing. They seem to be copying a few things from Reach. I really think they should of made some new blood systems rather than copying previous games...but whatever floats their boats.

Exactly my opinion!

Could they use the REACH blood as a placeholder for the E3, working meanwhile on a new and better one for the release? :question: