Halo 4 main menu?

This appeared in a video of an interview with Josh holmes click here if you want to watch it i also mentioned about this appearing in the video.

MainMenuH4.png

During the GameSpot Campaign interview, after the Campaign demo the game returns the main menu giving us our first look at the animated backdrop.

As is the tradition with the trickle of Halo information we've been getting, it leaves us with more questions than answers. There's quite clearly a Halo in the background there, I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that Halo 4 contains a Halo, but it's the first we've seen or heard about one. There's also an absolutely ravaged planet that looks like it's been hollowed out.. I guess it could be Requiem, but it doesn't really look like it..

source-http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/

• Like 3

I saw this in the video, looks really epic. Can't wait to see the full main menu, hopefully they'll let you see all your friends who are playing Reach on the right like on Halo Reach. :) Thanks for posting this Adamj.

• Like 1

I saw this in the video, looks really epic. Can't wait to see the full main menu, hopefully they'll let you see all you're friends who are playing Reach on the right like on Halo Reach. :) Thanks for posting this Adamj.

thanks donut, i wonder what planet it is it looks like its been destroyed and falling apart, i think really think its the planet from the concept art but if it is i cant see it being requiem as the planet in the concept art as it didnt have an outer shield but it does have a circle/crater on it like the opening portal on requiem, im totally stumped. Is this the planet in the concept art? or is it requiem or are all the images requiem? i can only see requiem being the only planet mainly being in halo 4

Halo 3 and Reach both had an interesting interactive backround, where Reach had more of a concept-art style. And the addition to your friends status was a great installment, and was well overdue. I'm hoping they keep that same feel, but at the moment, the loading screen and main menu are the least of my concerns with Halo 4, with all this Gameplay and Campaign teasers E3 is throwing at me.

If I could reccomend a possible backround of Master Chief giving the Forerunner the bird. I'm sure the abligotory pixelated blur is called for. :P

• Like 1

That new menu looks sweeet. It is just the type of menu I wanted for Halo 4. Thanks so much for putting this, adamj :good:. Now I know what the menu looks like and I don't have to think of a blank screen.

It's kind of funny how they have a installation on the menu, though this game may have nothing to do with the rings themselves.

Though they still haven't activated Installations 08 = 12

It's kind of funny how they have a installation on the menu, though this game may have nothing to do with the rings themselves.

werent installations 08-12 destroyed or are inactive?
  • Like 1

Thats the best menu I have ever seen, that planet looks like that damaged one in primoridium and I think thats the mysterious installation 04 but I might be wrong because installation 04 has no atmosphere and it is pretty damaged.

Thats the best menu I have ever seen, that planet looks like that damaged one in primoridium and I think thats the mysterious installation 04 but I might be wrong because installation 04 has no atmosphere and it is pretty damaged.

we have already enocuntered installation 04 and halo 1 and its replacement in halo 3 so it cant be mysterious but are you thinking of installation 07 i have seen a lot of talk that it could be it?

• 1 month later...

I think this menu is just for the demo, much like the Reach beta, with the reason being that the destroyed planet is the one you can see if you look up at the sky during the Warthog Run on Halo 3. That means that the Halo ring in the picture is the Installation 04 replacement you destroy in Halo 3, and thus is seemingly irrelevant to the story of Halo 4 since it no longer exists. Also, Halo 4 takes place on Requiem, not the Ark or any Halo rings.