Halo 4, list of disappointments

Installation07

So, I have been playing halo for 9 years. Not as long a some other people, but I still consider myself a die hard fan of the franchise. And I just feel like I need to voice my opinion on several things in the hope that some other people agree with me and 343i fixes those things...

First off the enemy builds-

All through out the Halo franchise we have been shown ancient Forerunner architecture, every hour of gameplay almost never goes without trademark glimpse of a Forerunner building.

After seeing the "Forerunner defense AIs" I was really disappointed in the design, that orange glowing, hulking figure did not once make me think that the Forerunners designed that thing. The Forerunners created sleek, blue, metallic structures! I wouldn't expect a Forerunner to dream of these orange skull things, even in its worst nightmare.

I sure hope that the Covenant are a larger threat than these weird things.

KILLING SPREE

Watching the multiplayer gameplay was great until that poor sap got a killing spree and a double kill. Those words in like 40 pt font exploding in the screen are just another step towards that COD hybrid game.

So yeah those are my two complaints so far, other than that, great job 343! Hope you give us a good game! (and maybe a LE that isn't filled with ****.)

That's nice. Your just abother one of those people. I respect your opinion, but in mine, I like what I see so far. You know, the Foreunner Defense AIs...They MAY have a little story behind them. May in Halo: Silentium will explain these enemies. So hold your pants up for a bit longer for the game and book. They will have to explain the back story behing the Crawler and Watcher.

About the Killing Spree. I understand what you mean. What I think is the point of that is to make it a bit more noticable of what you achieved instead of the normal, sidebar explanations of what you earn. So maybe they will change it. Who knows? A lot of people think Halo is turning into CoD. We all know that Halo is going to be better than CoD and always will be. So just...hold yourself together...

• Like 3

That's nice. Your just abother one of those people. I respect your opinion, but in mine, I like what I see so far. You know, the Foreunner Defense AIs...They MAY have a little story behind them. May in Halo: Silentium will explain these enemies. So hold your pants up for a bit longer for the game and book. They will have to explain the back story behing the Crawler and Watcher.

About the Killing Spree. I understand what you mean. What I think is the point of that is to make it a bit more noticable of what you achieved instead of the normal, sidebar explanations of what you earn. So maybe they will change it. Who knows? A lot of people think Halo is turning into CoD. We all know that Halo is going to be better than CoD and always will be. So just...hold yourself together...

The BIG issue here is that everybody has that mindset that they are "stealing from other games"... When in the reality of the matter is that ALL games are constantly growing and learning from eachother's failures and successes... Also the Sprees ect.. popping up in the middle kind of makes sense seeing it, considering that in past interviews they mentioned that Infinity Ward has contributed to the developement of the game, along with people from the studios that did Metroid and Metal Gear Solid... There has always got to be some change and innovation to further a game franchise as technology and "other successes and failures" surface. And as always most people are going to complain and cry about changes, but then realize they are for the better when the game actually is in their console and they have the chance to actually play the finished product. All-in-all I am very excited and anxious to see what the finished product comes to be...

• Like 4

I like everything so far in Halo 4. Graphics are awesome, storyline will probably be epic, and enemies look awesome, all except one, the grunt. When I saw them, I thought they were too fat, then their death is like they just plopped to the side. Sure, my view on them will probably change pretty soon with new videos and stuff, but I find that that's the only thing I didnt like in Halo 4. Everything else is awesome

• Like 2

Dont like the forerunner vision or whatever its called. Reminds me of the UAV's in Ghost Recon FW where you can see through all walls to where they are. I was expecting it to be very close quarters but you can see through the entire map.

Don't like the sniper. Too long in between shots. Sure it may be more realistic or whatever so you can't just snipe right after another but I liked that in Halo games..

Don't like ordinance drops. Reminds me completely of care packages in cod... i just feel like it doesnt belong in a Halo game.

Hit markers i'm iffy about..

• Like 1

I just love how everyone complains halo is becoming cod when in no way it is. Custom loadouts were not first introduced in cod, neither were weapon skins and I believe ordnance drops as well. Why we compare to cod, I am not sure. But as far as we know, cod at the moment has actually been stealing from halo. Have you seen black ops 2? It ain`t even a proper sequel to the original game! It stole that futuristic aspect of everything in the game. It takes place nearly 100 years after the events in the first black ops. Now, if you can still tell me that halo is copying cod, I will simply be dumbfounded.

• Like 4

What none of you complainers seem to understand is that there are no unique ideas in gaming anymore, everything has been done so if a feature is implemented that is new in a certain game, chances are we will have seen it before. You turn to Cod to compare because it is apopular game to hate, not because you have intellectually thought out your argument.

To quote "Watching the multiplayer gameplay was great until that poor sap got a killing spree and a double kill. Those words in like 40 pt font exploding in the screen are just another step towards that COD hybrid game." Your argument is that because the font size was increased and they decided to put text across screen when you kill, it's becoming like CoD. Well, how about you join the countless others who are saying the same thing and stay in the Halo 3 era, because that's what you seem to want to stay.

• Like 9

I don't mind how the new enemies look, even if they have nothing in common with the Forerunner structures we've seen design-wise. In my opinion, they look really cool, and that's all it takes to get me to like them.

Also, i don't mind the writing that comes on the screen. I don't know how that can be compared to CoD though, i don't think i've seen a CoD where that happened. At least not in that way. Of course, in CoD when you get a killstreak, it flashes on the screen, but it stays there for a while longer. So i think Halo 4 is fine with that text.

What i don't like though is how the announcer says some of the words. Did you guys hear how he said Overkill? That sounded dumb to me. OOOVERkill.. meh.

And of course, Halo will always be Halo, but i really hope that 343i won't still lean too far towards the CoD side with this one. Because they added killcams and it looked like in some of the gameplay i've seen that you can kill others much faster than in previous Halo games.

343 need to remember that Halo fans love Halo for what it is. And if they think they can attract CoD fans by making Halo 4 lean a slight bit more towards CoD gameplay-wise, then i have one question. Did 343i forget that in the same month, Black Ops 2 will be released? Because that's how it is. And i believe that CoD fans are going to stick with that game rather than purchasing Halo 4.

Now of course 343i probably don't make all these changes and additions just to win over CoD fans, but getting more people to play Halo 4 has to be on their radar and with so many people playing CoD, the winning over CoD fans aspect and the getting more people to play Halo 4 aspect kind of go hand in hand.

343i see what works right now on the FPS market and of course amongst those things will be a few aspects of CoD, but i really hope that 343i won't lean too far over.

Halo is Halo and CoD is CoD. And everyone knows that. And Halo players love it for what it is. So yeah, i do hope that it won't lean too far over. A bit is ok, but when the lines are blurred too much, there's a little chance that Halo fans won't be satisfied with this game.

I feel like instead of talking about disappointments we should be looking at it's successes. Give the game a chance first. The way Halo uses these new features is completely original and separate from CoD and it still looks like Halo to me. I can't wait!

I just love how everyone complains halo is becoming cod when in no way it is. Custom loadouts were not first introduced in cod, neither were weapon skins and I believe ordnance drops as well. Why we compare to cod, I am not sure. But as far as we know, cod at the moment has actually been stealing from halo. Have you seen black ops 2? It ain`t even a proper sequel to the original game! It stole that futuristic aspect of everything in the game. It takes place nearly 100 years after the events in the first black ops. Now, if you can still tell me that halo is copying cod, I will simply be dumbfounded.

That is the exact argument i use when talking to other people about "Halo stealing from CoD". i also say that the information just came out and we havent seen how it actually works. killcams might be done in like third person, or from different camera angles instead of like CoD. and other stuff like that where people are just assuming and not giving them a chance. i dont think Halo has copied ANYTHING from CoD, they are just adding more things that have been used plenty before in other games and looked good, but we slam them with "you stole from CoD" comments.

You should have expected that the weapons the Forerunners did make would look different. The sentinel beam shot an orange laser, so, it would be logical that other weapons would be orange. If you look at society today, you'll note that government buildings and workers don't exactly resemble the Army's type of structures, or soldier getup. Orange is a nice change in my opinion, and intimidation is always a nice thing to have, even if you're a forerunner.

My only gripe is how the promethean knights walk, it looks more like a wobble(maybe moving limbs is too primitive or something)

• 2 weeks later...

I figure that every other comment is the same thing here. Why are we slamming this member? Did anyone notice the last sentence? At least this person isn't saying the game will suck. They still have hopes. The CoD argument is out of place but are we any better? Do we have a right to whine about whiners? Think about it, we are whining about whining. We are being so hypocritical right now. I am getting tired of CoD arguments, but I am also tired of 50 "GO PLAY COD OR HALO 3 THEN!!!" comments for each comment on a fault of the footage so far. Can we just leave it at a <couple> of "enough!" comments instead of slamming them 50 times?

Did someone say Book? :o

Dont like the forerunner vision or whatever its called. Reminds me of the UAV's in Ghost Recon FW where you can see through all walls to where they are. I was expecting it to be very close quarters but you can see through the entire map.

Don't like the sniper. Too long in between shots. Sure it may be more realistic or whatever so you can't just snipe right after another but I liked that in Halo games..

Don't like ordinance drops. Reminds me completely of care packages in cod... i just feel like it doesnt belong in a Halo game.

Yep, those are my same thoughts. Forerunner Vision looks overpowered, the sniper is like Wall.E and not Halo style in terms of shoot cadence, and the thing with the ordinance drops... when I first heard about it I thought it would be like randomly on the map dropped power weapons and shields (so people can't spam on the points they appear). Now that I see how it works on videos, I'm kind of dissapointed. Giving more powerfull stuff to the skilled people? Hmm...