No dual-weilding...

BigMartin58

Ok, for all the things 343 has done for halo 4, there was one last thing i can not put up with. And that is no dual-weilding...

I hated the fact they didn't have it in Halo Reach, and now i just found out there is no dual-weilding in Halo 4...

Like WTF 343? Why would you leave out one of the SOLE-QUALITIES of Halo?

Bungie was stupid enough to take it out of Halo Reach, DON"T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THEY DID!

FIX THIS 343!

==================EDIT=================

That doesn't mean I still won't buy it, I'm just dissapointed in the fact that there is no Dual-Wielding...

Edited by BigMartin58

Although dual-wielding would be a nice thing to have its not necessary. Reach was perfectly fine without it. Plus dual-wielding guns would be a stupid idea now that people will have the DMR and Battle Rifle. Your chances of killing them is slim to none unless the enemy is literally a foot in front of you.

Although dual-wielding would be a nice thing to have its not necessary. Reach was perfectly fine without it. Plus dual-wielding guns would be a stupid idea now that people will have the DMR and Battle Rifle. Your chances of killing them is slim to none unless the enemy is literally a foot in front of you.

I miss Dual-Wielding. I still play Halo 3 today, specifically, for the dual-wielding aspect. I just hope they change their minds and bring it back, although if they don't, that DEFINATELY WON"T stopme from buying the game because ALL the other aspects of the game still sound awesome!!!

There was nothing appealing about dual wielding, all guns that could be dueled sucked and were easily out played. And with the addition of the new weapons, things like the SMG, Spiker, Plasma repeater things etc will be killed off in terms of pick up and play time.

Ok, for all the things 343 has done for halo 4, there was one last thing i can not put up with. And that is no dual-weilding... I hated the fact they didn't have it in Halo Reach, and now i just found out there is no dual-weilding in Halo 4... Like WTF 343? Why would you leave out one of the SOLE-QUALITIES of Halo? Bungie was stupid enough to take it out of Halo Reach, DON"T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THEY DID!

I wasnt a huge dual wielding person but I can understand the pain...I certainly preferred Dual wielding to be in. Howevor, it is a good point that others have raised here...having Dual wielding complicates the weapon set. You end up with redundant weapons that are difficult to implement in the game. For example, do players start with dual wielding weapons? Do they function as they did in Halo 3 where you cannot throw a grenade without tossing one of them? What happens when you try to swap out for a different weapon?

There was nothing appealing about dual wielding, all guns that could be dueled sucked and were easily out played. And with the addition of the new weapons, things like the SMG, Spiker, Plasma repeater things etc will be killed off in terms of pick up and play time.

Ask any player who loves Dual wielding and you'll know that there is something appealing. I'm not a huge dual wielding person but even I know tha its nice and badass to wield two weapons at once. Plus, simple truth is, in CQC, with Dual Wields, you will win if your dual wields are at optimal range versus. say a AR at optimal range. They are pretty decent in the right format.

Kind of disappointed. I was actually hoping they'd expand dual wielding, rather than just cut it altogether. Feels like we've actually taken a step backwards in terms of gameplay, and I'm now that much further from my dream of holding a Shotgun in one hand and a Rocket Launcher in the other.

I actually feel that dual wielding would have worked really well with bloom. You get absolutely devastating firepower but your aim blooms significantly faster and larger than if you had only one of the same weapon. Plus no ability to scope in with pistols, which balances them out.

For me, dual wielding added another layer of strategy to the game and made it that much more dynamic. I suppose part of the decision is to help balance weapons better, but with the addition of bloom I'm fairly sure they could have been balanced to still fit into the weapon sandbox when held alongside another weapon.

On the bright side, I guess this means the hilariously awful Mauler won't be returning.

• 2 weeks later...

i think it is absolutely ridiculous that there will be no dual wielding in 4. i understood that reach was a prequel to the first halo, i hated the multiplayer cause its like everything revolves around the dmr, thats besides the point. i think dual wielding gave players more options if they wanted to use long range fine, if they wanted to go close quarters fine, if they wanted to dual wield some ridiculous combination and go at it great. My worry is that 4 will be just like reach where there are matches of teams just having a dmr off and i cant understand why it would be taken off 4, i mean did chief forget how to hold two weapons at once, how will they fit into the story? i dont see why they couldnt leave it an option just weaken the weapons. Just like the original poster i still play 3 anyday over reach, not ust for dual wielding i simply felt that every match on reach revolved around that damn dmr and halo has always been about all kinds of weapons and different ways to fight. Not just long range dmr offs. Every time i would read something new about 4 i would be like...i am pretty sure there making it into call of duty...but i was holding out for dual wielding but no they took that off and i doubt what ill buy 4 for that reason on top of several other reasons. If i want to play call of duty ill go play call of duty, thats why i have played halo all these years because it was halo and it was different. No loadouts, picking up equipment at random, thats all off topic i know but i just wish they wouldnt screw with what there already is.

oh yea i forgot another thing i was going to bring up, they said it messed with the balance of the game, that was there reason for taking dual wielding out of the game. Thats funny since the game is so balanced starting with loadouts and having equipment right off bat, i dont care about balance i want to have fun. If you want balance make dual wielding super weak, i dont care if its weak i just want to be able to do it to mix it up every once in a while. To be like hmm im not gonna sit over there and use this dmr im gonna dual wield why not ****s and giggles. So were gonna have a balanced game that isnt fun and lame, thats ok cause ill keep playing 3.

Edited by One
Merged double post.

I guess everybody has their opinions but I personally can't see one positive aspect of dual weilding. (Badass Factor)

Think about it... with the BR, DMR, and Assualt Rifle being so vastly superior than any weapons or combo of weapons dual-wield, what purpose did it serve?

I guess everybody has their opinions but I personally can't see one positive aspect of dual weilding. (Badass Factor)

Think about it... with the BR, DMR, and Assualt Rifle being so vastly superior than any weapons or combo of weapons dual-wield, what purpose did it serve?

Double SMG's will beat an Assualt rifle at close quarters. The regular weapons are not "vastly" superior in CQC.

I'm not gonna lie, I got more than my fair use of the Noob Combo in H3. At least in H4, people will have to switch weapons to get in the last shot, so it won't be so bad.

Dual weilding crippled so many weapons if they weren't dual weild. Bungie didn't like how it pretty much cut out one of their triangle of combat or whatever (guns, melee, and grenades) and 343 didn't know how to balance dual weilding with loadouts.

I really have never been able to understand why some people make such a big deal out of it. Without it there will still be plenty of options for close-mid range combat, and hopefully it means more mid-long range and more fun/unique weapons.

In Halo 2 and 3 you couldn't dual wield more medium/long-range weapons like that so if they had dual-wielding I don't think it would be a problem.

I loved dual-wielding in both Halo 2 and 3. The combinations of weapons brought a different element to the game and made it a lot of fun. I don't think it takes away from the game if dual-wielding isn't included but it would DEFINITELY be a big positive if it was!

Dual-wielding has always been something that I've never really cared for. It's neat for a few instances here and there, but I've always stuck to wielding a single, stronger weapon. All it does it clutter up the weapon sandbox and make a lot of weapons far too weak to use on their own. I would rather have every weapon be an effective tool of destruction. Something I can pick up and feel confident with. Having two, if not only one weapon that fills a specific range/role is something I prefer as well. Personally I'm glad that they decided to not include it in Halo 4.