Is it ever okay to throw a Controller?

Do you think its okay to destroy a controller out of anger, because a game has pissed you off so much. Or is it just childish and irresponsible that if you do rage to that extent that you shouldn't be playing the game. For me I have fallen victim to this and 2 of my joypads have met their fate with my bedroom floor. The game that caused me to do this was Modern Warfare 2 (damn it got frustrating sometimes) but I still carried on to play the game after I had took a breather.

• Like 1

I rage sometimes too, but the only time my controller ever gets involved in my rage is if the person who is playing with me is in range of a flying controller.

The only other time I get angry enough to actually rage is with broken game mechanics that were packaged and sold (like the final boss of Painkillers).

As far as actually breaking your controller in a fit of rage (without pummeling one of your friends with it) is childish in my opinion. Breaking things while angry overall (unless it's a living being that's causing the anger, mind you) is something that little kids do. Getting angry is okay, but acting on that anger (again, unless it's to cause pain to a person) is childish and foolhardy. :D

The only time i have EVER thrown a controller was when I got the endure achievement, and FINALLY earned my long awaited Recon armor. I got up, did a little dance, and slammed the controller on the ground. It was a good day! But most of the time I think it is wrong, but it's your controller, do what you want.

I've never thrown the controller in rage. If you do choose to throw the controller, and it breaks. Than, you have to get a new one. So, probably best not to throw your controller unless you want a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive broken 3 controllers because the controller kept disconnecting, no matter how many new batteries were put in there

i hear that, it never fails ill be right in the middle of a hot streak and Oh i need to reconect my controler, the temptation to toss the stupid thing almost gets me. i did one time see my boss come out of his bunk house kussing up a storm for the same reason, he threw his down jumped on it a few times and to make sure it was truly "dead" he ran it over with the fork lift, gotta say from the outside of that one it was pretty funny to see

Well if I am doing bad then I obviously need a new one anyway. You see here... I am perfect so any problems in game is my controllers fault. They have yet to create a controller good enough for my skill level.

:D

I've been ready to throw a controller quite a bit. My right thumbstick on my one controller decided it was going to go partially bad.. doesn't register my movements to the left, it slows down and kinda makes my screen jump a bit. Not fun. It's been retired now, just waiting for a third floor window to drop it from...