Halo 4 3rd-Person?

MVP

123 members have voted

1. 1. Which Angle Do You Prefer?

• 1st-Person [Sight Showing Your Gun]
    • 3rd-Person [Sight Showing Your Body]
    • All Of The Above [You Can Go To Settings And Choose Most Prefered Angle]

you all are so absent minded. this is the start of a new trilogy. they could make it equal by taking away your ability to view your ammo, sensor and shield. does that make you all happy. give up hud for vision.

It would still not be fair. Look at the turret for example. Plus, it would add a differnt dynamic on the player in first person as well. Third would RUIN the game! Sorry, but it is true.

The 3rd person view in vehicles, turrets and shade turrets already give a superior advantage to the user. I wouldn't change it. We were all upset when Bungie changed to much with Reach. I think 95% of the Halo community would be POed if they made 3rd person an option.

Listen to Dean, he knows what he is talking about!

• 5 months later...

3rd person should always be in the back pocket of a game. If you watch theatre mode and just click the right thumbstick you will see the game through a 3rd person perspective aiming and all. It's rather nice and i would love to be able to see the Spartan i created. Im more a FPS guy but with the ability to switch freely would be great. I would love to see maybe a certain playlist in it.

Nothing more than a playlist or a few gametypes. Halo is a FPS by heart. But that ability to see my spartan sprint and evade danger sounds oh so sweet <3

Halo should be 1st person. Not only is it "not Halo" to have it 3rd person, but it offers certain unfair advantages to people in 3rd person - especially if you have the option to choose. Recoil looks visibly less, you have much better peripheral vision, meaning you can see people sneaking up on you. It would be cool to see certain actions in the 3rd person, for example evading or assassinating.

i think first person because its going to copyright gears of war

Umm....huh? haha

And halo should stay first person and only go third person when driving vehicles or being on/holding a turret. Speaking of first person, they should change back the passenger view in the warthog to be first person like in halo 1.

• 2 weeks later...

if 343 wants you to be in the shoes of the cheif, i'm pretty sure that it will be first person

you all are so absent minded. this is the start of a new trilogy. they could make it equal by taking away your ability to view your ammo, sensor and shield. does that make you all happy. give up hud for vision.

Serious gameplay issues with that. No HUD equals you have no idea of your health and stuff. You can see people sneaking up on you, killing any stealth. It would not work. Simple as.

• 2 years later...